Re-updated Launch for 12/21 (Past 12pm); "Time To Get Real"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Badger Lord, May 21, 2015.

1. The Badger Lord Augur

Hello.

Obviously, the team does not have a definitive answer for when the server will Launch. However, A "Time To Get Real" at this point would be best. In other words, transparency/honesty.

If this is a huge problem, and it's known we won't be playing for quite some time (days, etc) please let the players know we won't be playing today, tomorrow, or even this weekend.

In other words If any honest and transparent facts are known (such as "there's no way this is happening this weekend") it's time to let players know.

I don't care if it's later tonight, Friday, Or Monday. Obviously the later the launch the more disappointing it is, however, truth is truth.

As you know, many people are wasting time they set aside for this, and could be doing many important things throughout this time.

If the team really think's they are close and keep updating that's fine, people simple want the truth, but if it's a "There's no way its happening this weekend", just let the base have the truth so they can plan accordingly.

Thank you.
  2. ShenXX Lorekeeper

If they aren't sure what the problem actually is, let alone how to fix it, then how in the hell would they give an ETA?
    Tronk, Elkay, MBear and 1 other person like this.
  3. Maxium Dualblade Elder

They have been giving the truth. And have been updated on twitter often. They truth is they don't know. And as soon as they do know, they will tell us.
  4. Tudadar Augur

I dont like the new launch times that are under 24 hours. They are putting themselves in a bad position doing that. They should give a time and if they cant make it happen postpone the date to the next day or several days. This on and off might start might not isnt good.
  5. Drelik Lorekeeper

If they post a hard time on when it launches and then it comes and goes because the issues are not fixed the playerbase then gets upset even more.

People need to relax, get stuff done they have put off and just pay attention to the tweets/posts for updates as they come.
  6. Mrs_Brisby Elder

They could say "We wont open before X time.", so that we can go about our business, instead of sitting here not knowing anything.
    The Badger Lord likes this.
  7. Stunner New Member

well they can just figure it out and give us a knew launch date is what he is going for like say Tuesday of next week.
    Tudadar likes this.
  8. jagarr Augur

picture a thousand people in an auditorium with their credit cards in hand, salivating like special kids on the short bus.

now picture holly standing at a podium with the mic as the crowd stares at her, hanging on her every word.

'ok guys... uhhh. go ahead and go about your weekend business because this EQ server just isn't going to happen.'

the crowd moans and groans and puts their debit cards away. they slowly file towards the exit.

'hmm, maybe i'll pick up some stuff on the steam memorial day sale.'
    'i haven't gotten GTAV for PC yet! the witcher III just came out... that looks neat.'
    'is that a new mount in ESO that i just got an email about? that game wasn't so bad... i'll revisit EQ next week... maybe.'
    'i guess i don't really care that much, i was looking for a more classic experience anyway. guess its time to finally roll on p99.'
    'wow... its nice outside. hey look! a butterfly! what game was i looking forward to again?'

aaand thats why they don't say that crap unless they absolutely must at the very last minute.
    randomtia likes this.
  9. Zhama Elder

Theyve already said that they have options that would work around it, they just are trying to specifically fix the problem instead of working around it until they have a fix for it.
    The Badger Lord likes this.
  10. Banai Augur

How about this ....

Go outside. See the sunlight. Go to work. Go do anything! It's not like you must be the first one on the server when it goes up. You have 6 months to get to 50. You're wasting your time by choice not by necessity.
    Vexen likes this.
  11. beyrak Augur

Yea, let then fix this issue, sounds like they actually are getting a grasp on the problem. BUT! There will be future problems if a second server isn't up soon. The devs know it, we know it, everyone knows it.

And when the second TLP server goes Live, please make it with a different rule set than max nostalgia. 3 months between xpacs is more than adequate. Maybe start with Kunark open.
  12. The Badger Lord Augur

Very Very Very True, these forums are full of idiots. I think that's the first time I've used a derogatory word.

Has anybody ACTUALLY READ THE POST?

The status quo is fine, this post is about IF it is a "There's no way its happening this weekend" to simply let us know.

There is nothing chastising developers. There is no criticism here.

I'm pretty much done with these forums, can't stand em anymore. Way too many "anti-trolls" who just spam people with their righteous responses, but in reality are nothing but trolls themselves. People can't even read the content before they respond, much less come up with a well written and/or logicall points to agree or disagree. It's never a well reasoned debate here, it's just an argument to prove who's right.
  13. MorrianaNC New Member

Crystal Balls for sale, 5gp!

You actually think DBG know when it's going to be fixed and are just "keeping it secret"? Conspiracy theorist much?
  14. Xenyn Lorekeeper

They need us to log in each time to test it. The bug is in the instanced zones, instanced zones happen with server loads in excess of 1500. Shut up, sit here and help test the fixes, or go play something else if you don't want to.
    Legand likes this.
  15. Kingifpepsimin New Member

When you launch the second TLP please make it MAX MAX nostalgia, so slow that it can NEVER catch up to the live game, 1 YEAR in classic! RAWR!
    MBear likes this.
  16. Szeria Elder

I thought you said you weren't going to play OP so what does it matter to you
  17. svann Augur

My magic 8-ball says....
    check back later!
    Elkay likes this.
  18. The Badger Lord Augur

Whether or not I play is irrelevant to posting. I posted in 2014 when EQ wasn't installed.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...gression-server-rule-set-for-the-fans.208202/

I emailed Tom Terrazas PHathom or whatever his name was, (Back when he was in charge of the GO for prog) for the last couple years about a progression, but I did not play Everquest.

I did not log into Ragefire but posted yesterday.

It is possible people like to read or write about a topic they are interested in.
    Deadlyne likes this.
  19. Fallfyres Augur

------------

Banai, quit being reasonable. You just don't understand. There are those disappointed...and then there are those that are not just disappointed, they are really wound up about everyone MUST get on the actual launch at the same second the gates open. They must know exactly when live is launching as they will go completely crazy if anyone gets on before them.
    They are very set on it must be exactly to the minute or it won't be fair. Just tellin ya.
    Sheex, Kraznor and Banai like this.
  20. Happyfunball New Member

Unfortunately that's the price people pay (unwittingly or not) to be on the starting line when the race begins. In a perfect world they would say "3pm PST server will open" and it would do so without a hitch. I'm quite sure this is what they hoped would happen yesterday in fact.

The problem is once the issues began popping up the Dev team has to start running a race they never planned on having, one in which the finish line is obvious (get the server up and running) but it's location is completely hidden and they won't even know they've crossed it until after they've already done so.

At this point the Devs have to juggle a multitude of player expectations, including but not limited to, the crowd of people who want a clear starting line re-established as well as the crowd of people who already feel as though the clock is ticking and demand that the solution be implemented immediately so they can begin running. The odds of satisfying both groups is essentially impossible now so however the Devs try to handle things at this point will be "wrong" to a large group of players. But I think a) there are still more than enough people "fine" with staring at the login screen, and b) the Dev team still feels they can get the server up within the day to warrant an official "we're going to take this back to the shop and mess with it for a few days before trying again" type of resolution.

No matter how things play out my advice would be to NOT sit at your keyboard hoping/stewing over the fact that the server is not up yet. Go out and do the many important things you could otherwise be doing. Unless you are part of a much larger team (gold farming or otherwise) being in-game at the very first minutes of server launch is a pretty meaningless endeavor outside of maybe bragging rights.
  21. Nolrog Augur

The 12PM thing was quickly noted by Absor that it was optimistic (and hence unlikely) but that didn't stop people from repeating it 10000 times as if it were gospel.