Rare items just not rare anymore?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mogossis, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Liquid Augur

Could care less about an item that is tradeable being rare. What I personally put more importance in is a quest item that is NO DROP. Something that I had to put in the time, effort, research of pathing and etc. I take more pride in my simple Treant Fists than the FBSS that I am wearing...The FBSS will get replaced and sold, but the fists will get shelved in the bank and as a reminder of the long camps that I put forth to obtain. Some hate the long camps, but to me it was very fulfilling to finally see my quest mob, kill, and loot the item I needed...actually had that feeling of long time ago, when I completed my epic 1.0.

Ready for MOAR!
  2. Xanadas Augur

Roshen said it during one of the live streams IIRC. If it wasn't Roshen it was somebody else. But that was the quote.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Zapsos Augur

I like pulling mine out the to be honest :p
  4. MaestroM Augur

I was pretty sure the live streams were pretty well parsed for any reference to instancing. I've watched several of them myself with and eye toward this very subject. I'd be interested in actually seeing where that was said.

In any case, rarity of loot is just not an issue when you have 3000 people on the server and at most 2-3 FBSSs coming in a day.
  5. vardune Augur

So the number you are qulouting are wrong. A nice gentleman in another thread post his /who all results regarding guilds and he had a total of well over 9k characters made on ragefire. These number dont take into account the people that play when this fella ran his data collection. So the number of characters created is most likely well over 12k. Maybe everyone had 7 alternative character made and had them online all the time but i dont think so. This server has well over 6k account playing on it. Holly has said more then once ragefire was setup to accommodate the total population of all the other tlp progression server combined and Ragefire exceeded those numbers.
  6. liveitup1216 Augur

I know. I mentioned in another thread that it's likely around 5000-6000 characters logged in during primetimes. That's roughly 3000ish people.

Compared to "old" populations of 1800-2200, which were mostly actual people. Therefore there is roughly 1000-1500 more people on this server than back in they day.
  7. Labelme Journeyman

back in 1999 - 2001 i played Asherons Call.
    Rare items in that game were Matty Robe and Pre-GSA, because they werent obtainable in game anymore.
    You could only get them from other players. Until people started duping them, then the devs just decided to re-release them in game again :)
  8. Katmandu26 Augur

FBSS wasn't all that rare in classic.

There was always someone selling one.