Rangers, Rogues, Berkerers and Shadowknights

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Harabakc Augur

I never was one to buy the server stress label, it was pretty clear what the reason was. It starts on the 12th so we can all see it for what it was. Humanoids summoning doesn't effect rogues, we're already stuck in melee combat, with a healer merc. The problem is, we can't tank dark blues.
  2. Kolani Augur

I shouldn't post this, since it'll lead to a stealth nerf like in EWK, but bring a ranger with you on Bixie Warfront Heroic Adventures. A good time will be had by all.
  3. Rauven Augur

You know it works with throwing with rogues?
  4. Vlerg Augur

If my wizard can tank dark blue, why can't your rogue tank them?

and you must not have seen a mage beam in evantil if you think the server stress is fake.
  5. Engineer Augur

Or just take a berzerker on any HA?
  6. Rauven Augur

Server stress is definitely not fake. I've seen Bard/Mage combo in plane of shadow before. Not sure if it was worse or not than what you're speaking of, but the rubber banding of mobs and other anomalies is proof enough for me.
  7. Kolani Augur

Melee range not required.
  8. Engineer Augur

Because melee range is just so hard to achieve...
  9. Harabakc Augur

Rear arc only, and we have no way to root.

I've seen zones lag out, that really isn't the issue. It's a finite thing. They can't sell level 85 characters for $35 if it's still really easy to level alts.
  10. Songsa Augur

Rear arc and then you are stuck with 500 dps waiting for like 4-5 procs to kill mob, you do more xp/hour meleeing greenies...
  11. Kolani Augur

You're totally not grasping the point of the original post you quoted. Key word "grasping."
  12. Rauven Augur

Speaking of assassinate. We needed to get a mage up to 70 real quick. So we had a rogue that is about 81ish take him to C2. Pulled the entire area at once. Knave's Return Strike and Counter Attack Discipline dropped it like normal.

Safe to say, thats still working at least lol. We might test this in a higher area at some point. But it was a quick and easy way to get some quick exp for the mage in question. I'll post the results of it here if we do.

As for using ranged weapons, the way I've seen it done before is using a tank merc to hold the threat and keep the back turned, though it was done against really low level mobs, but effective at PLing a bit. Again it might be more effective against singles and double dk blues. I might test this one myself a bit since my rogue is 61 currently. Though I need to get that pouch that summons daggers at some time. So it will be a bit.

I still think you all need to think outside the box. In the old days, no one really used these abilities to farm tons of light blues. Then someone got the bright idea and began PLing peeps with them and thats when it really took off. I think the same thing will happen here. Its not a norm yet and so many of you are critical of how useful or where to apply the changes. Once thats over with, I think it will settle in.