Rangers broken headshot.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aatrox, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Cleaver Augur

Normal auto attack was never hitting the cap so the increase didn't do much. Dicho is 1.6m with every disc going it doesnt even hit the old 750k cap without burning so the increase wasn't that great.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

So zerkers got a boost to regular attacks and rangers got a boost to a skill that has very limited use. Don't see why anyone should be complaining
  3. Tiggold Augur

Mine was usually around 460k not burning but it's totally not something I keep an eye on being that I can't control anything about it.
  4. Cleaver Augur

What boost on regular attacks ?
  5. Derka Power Ranger

The damage cap was raised on abilities that you use frequently on every con of mob. What was total dicho damage pre patch and what is it now?
  6. Aamonn_Erollisi New Member

I'm just returning but I thought they 'fixed' throwing daggers to proc even when mobs are facing the Rogue? I am certain that Forceful Dagger Throw - or whatever it's called (the ability you can use in melee range) can proc Assassinate. It's the one where you throw 3 daggers. It's about 1/3 the damage as a 'real' BS assassinate though.
  7. Evast Lorekeeper

The one thing people are over looking with HS is: the MAX crit damage went up, while the average normal hit damage got reduced. A 1.2 million HS is still a crit. You’re not going to be proccing a 6mil HS as an “average” occurrence.
  8. Cleaver Augur

I thought i explained it, but I guess not. Dicho DOES NOT hit the cap when used without burning so there is only an increase in dicho damage for 1 or 2 uses during your full burn. Dicho sees no increase otherwise it was never hitting the 750k cap without disc going. There is no other ability zerkers have that would be effected by the damage cap going up.
  9. Dewey Augur

I have never once seen it proc from throwing while facing the mob.
  10. Derka Power Ranger

You did explain it, you also said it hits for 1.6 mil now instead of 750k. Is that 1.6 mil x3? How often can you utilize that under burns? Sounds like a nice damage increase.
  11. Cleaver Augur

I answered the question if you read what you quoted.
  12. roth Augur

Uh, yeah ... that’s why I said it functions differently than Assassinate/Headshot.

Raising that damage cap DID raise one of the others : Backstab Assassinate. I don’t play a rogue, so I’d no idea that there was a separate, throwing Assassinate also available to them that has not been keeping up.

Decapitate ... I honestly think the reason it is not being kept up quite as well is that its target check is simply level based, rather than mob type and level based. Berserkers can Decapitate undead, animals, plants, monsters, gods, anything really .... HS/Assassinate are humanoid only.

Why they have not been keeping the throwing-activated Assassinate up, I have no idea. At least these abilities are not limited to a mere 32000 damage.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

Paladin Slay Undead hasn't been affected by this boost either. It's still damage capped similar to Berserker abilities. It's been 3 expansions since slays have done higher damage, outside of any ADPS effects. A little attention here from the Devs would be fair.
  14. Ghubuk Augur

Wouldn't that make it quite overpowered if slays were hitting for up to 6 million considering they aren't level capped?
  15. Derka Power Ranger

Duration. Rangers can hit the cap every 16 mins. (4 min bow disc, 20 min reuse) you said 1-2 per burn. How often are the burns? Seems like your dicho went from 2.3 mil to 4.8 mil on any con mob, not just 109 and below. Just pointing out that other classes did get an increase as well not just rangers (cough warriors) Crap, pair your dicho up with cheetah and you're doing 10 mil minimum burst one shot.
  16. Cleaver Augur

I try to be nice i really do. but dam can you be anymore misinformed. Dicho dont work with cheetah it hasnt for over a year. It went up 800k per hit for 1 or 2 uses every 10-15m.

Not sure why you're even bringing dicho up as its not the comparable ability. Headshot//decap have all been similar abilities for years and none of them have anything to do with what dicho does or does not do.
    Daedly likes this.
  17. Wulfhere Augur

No because SU (or berserker decap) doesn't have to be uncapped to the degree of ranger/rogue.

Paladins reached the 750k damage cap 3 years ago as a function of their class raid weapons. Newer and higher damage weapons since TBM are not making a difference. Paladin undead dps is capped and their itemization is effectively broken as a result (compare Chopper vs Scar on undead for example).

It will be very depressing to reach level 120 in a couple years, have a 600 base dmg weapon, and still capping at 750k slay dmg. A little attention from the Devs please, not a lot, just a little.
  18. Derka Power Ranger

No reason to not be nice. I'll admit I haven't paid attention to zerker much in the last year and didn't realize they lost that twin cast when we did. Equated it to rampage. Dicho was brought up because all everyone is talking about is how rangers got a huge boost to an ability with limitations meanwhile other classes had some of their abilities with no level restrictions boosted. Just showing the other side since the critical cap was raised for EVERYONE.
  19. Cleaver Augur

The increase is also limited on dicho because of the situation needed to go over the old cap normal non burn uses wont be effected by the increase crit cap. So its a situational increase just like headshot.

Headshot type abilities were created for a reason and they have not kept up with the inflation of HP on NPCs. Assassinate and Decap should also see an increase maybe not 6m but HP is obviously going to keep going up making these abilities even less effective.
  20. Behelit Augur

That'd be all well in good if we we didnt already have the downside of it being a DD. I'm kinda surprised they havent added %HP limits to all 3 abilities and then raised the damage on them massively. So basically give them the Manaburn treatment, that way its alot easier to keep consistent through the ranks/levels/expansions without worrying about things like multiple expansions in the same level range with vastly different mob HP.

And the ranger vs zerker argument is stupid, knock it off you two.