Random Rudeness to Strangers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Karanthal, May 16, 2017.

1. nagash101 Augur

Wait how did you know i was a straight white male? Stereotyping a EQ players like that is just wrong. I am a white collar professional middle aged over weight happily married straight white male, thank you very much.
  2. nagash101 Augur

So when i have 5 toons and 4 are on auto follow, that is what pisses them off?
  3. trollivesmatter Journeyman

I have zero problems with boxing, each to his own. It adds an aspect to the game, another type of challenge and less downtime LFG.

The real problem is the scripting, as far as I understand DB has said [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is ok? Fine. But if you see anyone running more than 1 group of toons, they are using the program that shall rename nameless, guaranteed. That prog as far as i know is against eula, but DB doesnt seem to care to enforce their own rules on that. Also the AFK scripting is out of control, its not hard to run around and find groups doing this, again, no enforcement.
  4. Misaligned Augur

I'm not qualified to address the specifics of what conditions make some upset. My comment was based on my perception from reading about boxing here, on reddit and discussions in Discord.

In regards to the OP I think it's a waste of time and energy to harass someone for boxing if what they're doing is not having a negative effect on that person. The harasser may have been better served by talking to the OP like a human being and, I don't know, grouping with him? God forbid a non-boxer group with a boxer. What next, Democrats and Republicans accomplishing bipartisan goals?
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I've never been harassed for boxing. I'm not saying this is your case, OP, but a couple of tips if you want to be left alone while boxing:

1. Don't name your characters Hizzle, Dizzle, Forshizzle, Drizzle, and Tizzle.
    2. Get to your camp, set up, and pull to there. If you run around from mob to mob on autofollow you will be noticed. If you set up in a camp there's a good chance no one will know you are boxing (depends how good you are).
    3. Avoid highly contested camps.
    4. Don't roll over others just because you can.

These tips apply to normal, decent folks. The dics will still be dics.
    Ellis likes this.
  6. Gingyr Elder

probably someone recently imported from p99. that dumpster fire hosts a lot of misanthropes like you describe. people more worried about what you are doing than actually about the game. they remind me of evangelical republicans
    Xanumbik and Ming Tee like this.
  7. Gemini Syringes Augur

Depends on in they're in group or not. It's quite easy, for instance, to control two casters if your only job is DPS. It's not that difficult to control one melee and one caster, as long as the caster is macrod. But something like two melee or any toon combined with MT/puller/heals/CC would be difficult would be silly and I'd probably not group with someone doing that unless we were short a man.

But obviously auto-follow is the dead giveaway that you're boxing, especially in PoK. Whatever toon I'm on, I'm always flanked by my Druid, because there's just no reason not to have the free ports and up until you're near the mid 50s, the DS/regen/STR/etc.
  8. Sandrito Elder

I don't have any issues with boxers... except the type who take your camp ( because they can ). Back when ragefire first started, we got to witness some really rude 6 box mage groups who would just run through guk and kill all the camp spawns for 6 groups of individuals, with no regard to existing people or their camps. Before you get technical, yes I know there's no such thing as a camp, but there is a small thing called respect, and these guys didn't have it.

I think this is where this box hatred spawns from.
  9. Throndor Augur

You must be talking about me on live side guk, and i was manually 6 boxing that aoe group that was pulling all of live side to the King room, thank you very much.
  10. Throndor Augur

And they were wizards and clerics, not mages.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Not really. Position your melee classes where you want them (rogue in the back, etc). Assist and auto attack before the mob gets to camp. Press any special skills buttons every 6 seconds. This gets to be even more viable at 61 when you can auto invoke abilities.
  12. Z E L R O T H New Member

Boxing is something as old as EverQuest itself, people should not me pointed fingers at for doing this.
    At the same time, boxing and minding your own business is not really what this genre is about, its about social interaction and in my experience, none do it better than EverQuest.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I hear you. I pity the people who need social interaction.
  14. Karanthal Augur

Well prepare to eat your words, I think the following evidence speaks for itself.

[IMG]
    Sandrito and Aurastrider like this.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

5 boxing now, up from 4.

Got to drag 3 friends up with me.
  16. Tyreel Augur

I was targeted/chased off ragefire not to long after launch. Started as a single toon an Enchanter but until chanters get charm it can be painfully slow to solo and lots of groups don't want you with no buffs/charm. I rolled mage and druid boxes and started leveling. I tried my best to pick places that did not spawn named or existed in a large gap between named camps ect. About level 18 some one found me and and labeled me a no good dirty filthy boxer. Once i made his guilds list every group i was in got massively trained even when my boxes were not online. At level 22 i finally gave up as i could not LFG in the zone i wanted to exp in and if i forgot to put anon up after finding a group we would be wiped out 1~3 times until the group broke up.

I get that bot armies are the devil but the hate for them is not contained or even directed at them it ends up going to people that are not afk/macro bots.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

The dudes just trolling. I would not waste your time on him like Dillusional or what ever his name is. Probably the same person but with a different chat handle.
  18. nagash101 Augur

No camps in EQ, just DPS race. I personally think if you aren't in a room in Guk, you cant claim that room or its named mobs. The group that says they have ALL of lower Guk camped or they have a list of named camped but they are halfway across the zone always make me laugh.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's likely more to the (tiny) story.
  20. Old Man Elder

I prefer random buffing of strangers, and then wishing them happy hunting. That's how EQ should be. We're all in this together.
    Rhodz, Aenu Holysight and Semah like this.