Raising your dead druids: Call of the Herald

Discussion in 'Priests' started by LS_Xegony_Dru, Jun 29, 2013.

1. LoonyToony Elder

Ok I will take your word on the cleric who does not want qm or vp for Druids heh. That said back to the call of Hareld. By the time they tinker multiple times on it to get it to the point clerics would use it that will run into hundreds of man hours better spent on actually fixing our problems and issues. Most (actually all the ones I have talked to) do not want and will never use call. We do not need it and we do not want it. More aas towards it are a waste. Spend time on what we actually need vs a gimmick that the moment Druids get vp or qm it is not just useless but totally with out merit to exist in the vast expanse of ideas.
  2. LoonyToony Elder

Thought of a question for the Druids. Since you all like call so much why not try and get SoE to reduce and speed your calls up?
  3. Crystilla Augur

(Just adding this for LT) Call was actually requested by clerics. It shouldn't be any surprise we got it since it was requested on the forums, in tells and therefore was asked for in in the non NDA'd beta chat before RoF was released, the chat of which was published on these forums. Not everyone has the same viewpoint of where clerics need to go, which is why every expansion, we get boosts in multiple areas. Of course this is 8+ month old news.

Regardless, going back to the point of this thread - druids really do need to get some type of mana boost.
  4. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

LoonyToony,

Because druids do not have mana when they return from death, I hope that when a cleric raises a druid and QM available and can spare it, that they will cast it on the recently risen druid.

I have a level 100 cleric alt and understand some of the issues that clerics face, but the largest one faced by a druid is having no mana after a rez.

I am really thinking about this in a raiding context in which druids are typically patch healing main tanks and grouped with the caster DPS. If you are familiar with DPS parsing, you have probably noticed that necromancers, wizards and mages often top those parses. A druid without mana cannot heal that backbone of the raid's DPS. Because a druid dies, gets rezzed and has 0 mana, the raid's DPS is placed in jeopardy.

A raiding druid cannot sit and med. Following a rez, a druid will likely use mana rod if available. If he or she has any mana source, it will be clicked (a circle of mana click, one of those new mana jewel things, or a LoN potion from freebie packs are some examples). He or she might use his or her healing ward to support the group while mana regenerates. Then the druid will lean on two of the hallmarks of the druid class: low cost healing and faster regeneration. He or she will cast mask spell that includes a mana regeneration component, then use self white wolf unless the group needs black wolf to burn on the mob. The druid will ask a beast lord for paragon and an enchanter for help with mana regen. But all that takes time and time wasted can equal a wipe.

Druids have never had a mana draw spell and just because we haven't had one in 14 years does not mean that it is not needed.

Call of the Herald may not be the way to go about making sure that druids have mana but that was my starting post to this thread because I wanted to know why clerics did not use it. (I know that some clerics may have tested and found that it did not work well for them and stopped using it.) But no cleric in my guild had the spare AAs to buy the AA. I was hoping that it would be helpful, however responses to this thread have shown that it is not the best choice.

I am not asking the cleric class to give up anything that they currently have. I am hoping that all the priest classes can work together to build a cohesive, vibrant healing force.

I hope that clarifies my original intent with this thread, the fact that Call of the Herald does not suffice, why if a cleric can spare a QM to a recently rezzed druid, the raid would benefit and a sincere hope that all clerics, druids and shamans can work together to suggest better enhancements for healing.

Lark
  5. LoonyToony Elder

On an ipad so quote is not user friendly. That said onward we go. Yes Druids do not get vp or qm we know this. Most are agreeing with you that they need to get it. In raid context call of herald is not a useful spell. To get clerics druids and shammies to work together is a guild by guild thing. That said if you use light splash rem word with cure pr single hot and ward of cert maximum mana I have found to be is 70% mod rod 50% vp 40% qm rotating what is needed spell wise this set up will allow qm to be used on Druids and recycled by the time you get to clerics needing it. Working within your guild is your and your guild mates responsibility though at the end of the day. Outsiders can not fix that other then telling you what works for us. No idea if you send tells or what you do.

Your post number 20 in thread is where I am referring to on Druids using clerics to fix a Druid problem.

This part here

I asked the Developers to please hasten Call of the Herald so that maybe some day clerics will find it a worthy alternative for getting druids back on their feet.

This is where objection comes in and where I say should not happen. Druids should agian be trying to fix their stuff within their class not using other classes to fix it for them. And agian I say Druids need a vp or qm type ability.
  6. BoomWalker Augur

Some RLs instruct clerics to hold QM for druid rezzes...due to the no mana issue.

A mount works in outdoor zones...some mounts are combat clickable...even for a druid.

BST/Chanter mana regen is nice...but not nearly as helpful as QM.

Still the issue of no mana for a healing druid is bad...or a dps druid...it would be nice to have something like a dps caster to get some mana back...even a Rest type ability tanks get for endurance...cap it at 25% and make it recastable every 3 mins or something.
  7. Iila Augur

The self wolf form illusion prevents being on a mount, so using a mount as a druid involves a lot of /dismount and recasting things.

I still don't get supporting the Respite line for melees, and not having something similar for casters.
  8. CaRnon Augur

I totally agree druids need a burst mana regen like we have gotten.

But onto Cleric call VS. res:
    On a raid I rarely have 6 seconds to spare to use it between healing the tanks/my group/any other targets I put on my x target window + Buff tells and such.. I think the best answer would be for them to lower the cast time on call to 1.5seconds or so, to make it more raid friendly.

IF a druid asks me for a call instead of res I have no problem calling them but I will let them know it might take a few till I can get to them.. I always try to do whatever is requested of me. It just might not be the exact moment they ask for it..

I always try to do it in a timely manor that does not put the tanks/my group/myself /the raid at risk.