Raising your dead druids: Call of the Herald

Discussion in 'Priests' started by LS_Xegony_Dru, Jun 29, 2013.

1. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

Everyone,

I just did an experiment with my level 100 T1 and T2 RoF raid geared druid and level 100 RoF group geared cleric.

We went to Shards Landing and I let a snake kill my druid. Then the cleric cast the SoF Call of the Herald AA.

The druid came back with 4000 mana. Since I had rez effects, I think this was a pretty fair test.

Until druids get an emergency mana draw, clerics could help by casting Call of the Herald and rezzing druids after the fight.

Hope this helps,
    Larksong
  2. Ardin Elder

isn't regular rez with QM better ?
    in raid - don't you have beastlords, mod rods, chanters, clerics, etc ?
    Kaylord101 likes this.
  3. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

It would be nice to get rezzed and get QM. But in my guild that doesn't happen. If my mod rod is on cool down, I have to send a tell to a beast lord. If his paragon is on cool down, I am watchingy group die.

Since that is part of our core DPS, it draws out the rais' in some cases the end result is a wipe. Why not call of the herLd a druid? If my mod rod is available, I can use it. If it isn't my region and relatively low mama costs will help me keep the core DPS kicking. But I am also part of the DPS core.

With black wolf, I provide ADPS to a caster group. I n most RoF raids, I DPS by nuking as much as I can. But I need mama to nuke and heal. With only 1% of my mama pool, I can cast 2 individual heals.
  4. Rogue Augur

Doesn't the rez effects from Call of the Herald block you from going over 4k mana? So using that then mod rodding, QMing, or paragoning would be wasted
  5. Ardin Elder

yea, that's why i am against using Call of the Herald.
  6. Gladare Augur

I haven't tested the cleric version, but the shaman/druid call of the wild does not have that cap. The revival sickness with the mana/end cap is respawning without a rez.
  7. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

Actually no rez effects do not block using mod rods.. As part of my test, after my cleric called my druid I cast my region spell, used my white wolf AA and a mod rod. These 3 things resulted in over 12,000 mama. I did not include this in my original post because having rez effects following Call of the Herald is no different than rez effects following a rez from a cleric, necro or palidan rez spell or AA. My totally unbuffed mama pool is over 80,000. When rezzed by a cleric in a raid last night, I was able to cast 2 individual heals on my group. Two of my group members died because the tank on the main mob died, I dragged and called him and caught agro and was unable to fade because the first hit stunned me.

Had I been Called instead of rezzed, I could have helped patch heal the tanks much earlier, renewed rebuffs on the mob and been ready to resume DPS much earlier.
  8. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

Sorry for the typos, but I was using my cell to reply and I cannot edit my previous posts.

I feel strongly that for druids, Call of the Herald is a better approach than using a resurrection spell or AA.
  9. Crystilla Augur

Hmm, I hate to say with Rogue/Arden, but I was called a week ago and to their point was unable to actually use anything. I clicked and never got above that mana threshhold. Then I looked and realized I had revival sickness and not ressurection sickness (I hadn't payed any attention to how I was brought back into the raid initially).
  10. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

If I can get a cleric to try this in a raid situation, I will test it live.

For now all I can say is 4000 mana is more than no mana, which is normally what I have when rezzed back in a raid.

Crytilla and Rogue,were you playing a druid when you tested this?
  11. Crystilla Augur

I was on myself (cleric) - so maybe the rules are different for us? Would seem odd and I doubt it but I know nothing I clicked gave me extra mana (was the first/only time in history that ever happened). Unfortunately for me - I can't recall who sent me the call. Perhaps in my case it was a bug?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Revival sickness is from when you respawn at your bind point and any form of rez or call will remove that and leave you with resurrection sickness which does not have a mana cap and actually returns you with mana and endurance which does make it more useful mid raid if you can afford the temporary xp loss during the fight and wait for the real rez later.

Note that I have not received a cleric call before so this all is assuming that the cleric call is set up like the druid/shaman call but I see no reason why they would be different.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

With call you would still have more mana to start with so as others boost your mana you would just be that better off.
  14. Crystilla Augur

Let me set the stage - Xorbb1 (which we just got our first 3 wins on now finally). So it's possible with the mass rezzing craziness that I'm remembering something wrong even though this was really recent. (RL has us bind there by the quest zone in). So I have to admit after reading Waring's info perhaps this was the 1 time I actually zoned in rather than take a rez/call? Was pretty sure it was a call, but now I'm not 100% sure.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have never had an issue getting all the mana from a mod rod /canni aa cast after being called. The only time I will not get all the mana is if I respawn to bind point and get revival sickness
  16. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

Crystalla: Grats on getting Xorbb 1 down. That's what my guild is currently working on.

Waring is correct in his statement; otherwise my test of clicking the mana rod would not have worked after my cleric cast Call of the Herald.

The only thing that my test did not have was whether the Call of the Herald spell can be cast while the cleric is in battle. Since Call of the Wild is an in combat spell, I believe that it would work. However, I have not found a cleric main who will cast it during a raid. I chalk that up to the natural human resistance to change. But if I can not hit my Call of the Wild button on Chapter House and Eastern Wastes, then surely I can find one brave cleric to buy Call of the Herald and try it on me during a raid.
  17. Mykaylla Augur

The main reason that they don't want to cast it in combat is that it's very slow. Blessing of Resurrection has a base three second cast time, and quickens with AAs to 1.5 seconds- *almost* fitting into the global refresh. Call of the Herald has a 6 second cast time, eating up the time you could cast a rez and two spell-based heals for the one Call- as it's a new AA, we don't get quickening AAs yet like shaman and druids have for Call of the Wild.
  18. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

Mykaylla,

Don't clerics also have instant clicky rezzes with no mana costs.

If a druid dies and does not have a mana rod available because it is on cool down, the options are to ask an enchanter for a Spire, a cleric for QM and a beast lord for Paragon. So instead of one cleric taking six seconds, in a best case scenario, the druid has sent three tells and hopefully gotten mana for it. However the enchanter, cleric and beast lord may not have any of those spells / AAs available because of cool down.

A druid in a raid setting has to regen mana because we cannot sit and med. We can cast one of our wolf forms, which do increase our regen. But in the mean time, our groups and tanks are taking damage. The group I normally heal is our core caster DPS group (wizards, necromancers, mages and an enchanter). I also have as many tanks on my extended target window as I can fit.

How much healing does a druid do and what are our mana costs?
    Single target long cool down 1.8 sec cast 2354 mana cost for 14760 HP heal
    Single target long cool down 0.5 sec cast 1899 mana cost for 11185 HP heal
    Single target quick cool down 2.2 sec cast 1130 mana cost for 10985 HP heal
    Group heal 2.7 sec cast 2432 mana cost for 10997 HP heal
    Group emergency heal very long cool down 0.5 sec heal 2156 mana HP heal - this is scaled heal that heals the most injured more than the rest: 1: Increase Hitpoints by 3814, 2: Increase Hitpoints by 7638 ,
    3: Increase Hitpoints by 11452, 4: Increase Hitpoints by 15266, 5: Increase Hitpoints by 19090

4000 mana upon return from Call of the Herald can save 4-5 other toons. I will post to ask the Devs for quickening AAs for Call of the Herald. I am already begging for a small mana draw for druids with rez effects.
  19. Tenlaienye New Member

1) The instant cast rez is 7 hour reuse, but does fully restore mana/exp 100%.
    2) Call generates a net loss of 4.5 seconds of cast time for the cleric in comparison, in return, the druid gets at max 2-4 heals with base values of (29k-44k). In that net loss time a cleric spent from casting call, not only have they not been able to heal for 6 seconds, but additionally could have cast a Gheal(11k)+remedy(8k), remedy(8k)+light(11.5k), or light (11.5k) and renewal(16k) (please note values in () are raw values and not actual cast values).
    3) If things are chaotic, a QM gives 30k mana (not 4k) and is instant cast and casts a heal along with it.
    4) Modrod will give you 7500 mana vs 4k, miracle an additional 30k, and that is without the cleric.

Overall, I feel for you here, while I do play a cleric I also play a ranger, and the struggle for both druids and rangers where mana is related at times can be frustrating
  20. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

So while I stand there without mana trying to get help, my group dies and the tank you are healing is asking for a skin buff.

There are usually several clerics on a raid, is there no way to coordinate efforts to help one class help you?

For example, last night my guild killed Aaryonar. It's a fairly simple fight and most of us who are in the RoF expansion have done the fight. It is not a long fight nor does it have many mechanics. I was in the DPS caster group but healed tanks for over 1 million hit points and the rest of the raid for over 800,000 hit points.

This may not be a huge total when compared to a cleric but I think that if all the healers would work together, the healing corpse would be much stronger.

I asked the Developers to please hasten Call of the Herald so that maybe some day clerics will find it a worthy alternative for getting druids back on their feet.

I am done with this discussion because it is pointless.