Ragefire Rotation - No longer being enforced by DBG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Reece, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marthisdil Augur

Umm, the TOS lets DB do whatever they like, whenever they like.
  2. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Look up "damages" in their legal context..not all product liability need physically harm, it can financially harm as well, and since we all pay to play in some fashion or other, the product liability rules apply.
  3. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

I have not seen Apok (?) post on this thread at this point.
  4. Aekold Augur

Chum, you realize that there was a previous infraction submitted for action on 8/20? The 9/12 and 9/13 infractions are 2nd and 3rd violations, not counting the numerous minor violations of not properly updating the spreadsheet. Also, if in fact the violation on 9/13 occurred due to a failure of another party to update the sheet the blame would still fall on Apokalypsis for failing to abide by the rules and properly update the sheet after their kill.
    This isn't an issue of an honest mistake or rushed judgment getting someone hammered, the 9/13 violation is a 3rd clear violation of the rotation rules.
  5. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

I have.
  6. Aekold Augur

Look up the portion in the ToS (which you apparently still haven't read for comprehension) that specifically states they are not liable for any damages from use or inability to use a DGC product.
    Vaclav likes this.
  7. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

I will reference the use of third party websites to control the flow of information used to propose of suggesting sanctions against the offended guild.

With this information not being observed ON or FROM the authorized servers controlled by DBG, it all becomes hearsay and is subject to rules of admissible evidence. This is part of the liability that is being suggested...Period.
  8. Aekold Augur

Lol. Except that, and let me make this clearer, there can be no liability because they aren't liable for any damages due to use or inability to use a DGC product.
    If you can't be bothered to read the document that clearly states your claim is baseless you should probably just stop posting.
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service Section 22:
    IN NO EVENT WILL DAYBREAK AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DAYBREAK ENTITIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY DAYBREAK GAME(S).
  9. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

So, which of the following does the raid council or for that matter individual guilds fall under?

AFFILIATES
    LICENSORS
    SUPPLIERS
    SERVICE PROVIDERS
    THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS
    DIRECTORS
    EMPLOYEES
    AGENTS
    SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS
    (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DAYBREAK ENTITIES”)

I hope from the viewpoint of DBG, that they don't view the raid council nor any guild as any of these entities. That would be a severe conflict of interest.

"SINCE" it certainly must not include the raid council nor any guild, then liability can be assigned to the product for using such entities outside their TOS to administer ANY rule or ANY punishments.

Thank you for helping me assert this point.
  10. Lifebane Augur

Wait...what? You need to re-read that.

All of those entities you listed are the entities that can't be held liable. It doesn't matter what the SOURCE of the damages are. The entities (aka DBC) can't be held liable for ANY damages.

This is not hard to understand. These baseless claims are proving that you are doing nothing more than attempting to use scare tactics on laws that do not exist. (Not working, btw.)
  11. Aekold Augur

Your neckbeard is cutting off the flow to your brain, good luck in your future endeavours.
  12. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

I have no dog in this fight. I'm merely posting that something other than mercy petitions must have been used by the guild in question to get the temporary bans reversed. I assert that there was a real and valid legal issue introduced to get the affected results of being unbanned. Anything else than that is conjecture about the direction that DBG will need to take to prevent those liabilities in the future, which as it stands means replacing the player made items with company directives to remove the liability that must have been felt by DBG to reverse course on their decisions to process the player mandated ban. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop fooling yourselves...
  13. Sulerill Elder

Sure are posting a lot and trying to turn the topic away from the fact that DBG completely went back on what they said when they wanted these rotations enforced for someone who has no dog in this fight.
  14. Lifebane Augur

Likely scenario:
    Scare tactics used on DGC CS at end of office hours. Said scare tactics worked, prompting them to unban accounts and forward issue to legal office.

Legal office reviews, sees this poster is full of crap, accounts are re-banned.

Nothing to see here...move along.
  15. Aekold Augur

You're still operating under the grossly mistaken impression that anyone other than DGC implemented/rescinded those bans. Players didn't ban anyone. Players can't ban players.

However, your account, as outlined in the Terms of Service, exists at the sole discretion of DGC and can be modified/suspended/cancelled by DGC at any time and for any reason. Try to figure that out, seriously, there is no liability attached to their decision to do so for whatever reason they choose.
  16. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

If you were affiliated with DBG and someone pointed out that what you were doing was opening yourself up to liability, wouldn't you be concerned and alter course?? The only concern you seem to have is that after further review by DBG they might just see that what they have been doing has been wrong, and that by association what YOU have been doing (supporting) is wrong too??

Congratulations!
  17. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

More like someone in Legal reviews the action taken vs the associated views of the GM responsible for affecting the bans and a letter of reprimand gets into a personal file for opening up the company to liability.

Two sides to every story...Legal department was probably in the call and made the decision to unban and overrode the GM's decision.
  18. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Go to bed, you simply don't or refuse to see the picture outside your little bubble. Like I asked jain to do, leave the heavy legal lifting to those who understand the bigger picture.
  19. Sagnid Augur

Hi Melveny.
  20. Esper Augur

Seriously guys, stop paying the wannabe lawyer any attention. Click his name, click ignore, refresh the page, and *poof*, order and sanity thus restored.
    Genoane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.