Ragefire , it's time for a vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DryalRmog, Dec 23, 2015.

1. DryalRmog Augur

The vote was botched, ok, we have moved on (many to your new Phinny server).

Please for the love of Rallos hold a vote for unlock of Velious on Ragefire for those of us left.

The server has taken its licks, ok it's a TLP we all expect attrition, but we are are on the 2nd exp pack , of how many? 23? This is not normal. This is not healthy.

Of course some was due to:

1: Boxers

2: Non instance raiding on our server

3: 6 month lock outs on what EVERYONE thought was the fast server

Let's be wise here, this is the voting server, Phinny is live, many people left Ragefire (including the top guild) let's hold a vote if we think those left are ready for velious, please, for the good of your community, for the good of the server, please hold this vote... Before another 50% leave.

Also, PS, I fear when many of these folks leave this time it was their last horray, when people come back it is for less and less time, make these choices wisely.

I fear you hurt long term Heath of game when you let 50% of new folks coming back to an old game walk away because of poor mechanical decisions.

Please , vote now on Ragefire

Reply vote now if agree
  2. Steampunk Augur

Ummmmm...... no. The vote was not botched. The voters were botched. What makes you think they are going to pay any better attention this time than the last time?
  3. DryalRmog Augur

Steampunk, do you even raid on Ragefire? This thread is for those of us that do. Can be a much better vote if written with more care.
  4. Grisnkh Lorekeeper

I voted 6 mos on RF. I knew what the vote was for. I am happy. Stop with the QQ.
    Xanadas likes this.
  5. Brumski Augur

If they instanced RF or LJ I'd wager about 25-30% of the players on phinny would switch again.
  6. Poydras Augur

Just fix ragefire to faster unlocks and lockjaw slower and leave it at that. Players had their chance to transfer to the slower or faster server. For free. People shouldn't be allowed to come to a server that others had moved to because Daybreak suggested it would have a certain rate (whether fast or slow), and force a different rate on them.
    TipTap likes this.
  7. ElaidaTL Augur

I think ragefire got what it deserves. I slew dearth due to poor votes. You wanted 6 months even after they made lj for you? Np. Enjoy your dead server. For those of you caught in the crossfire... My condolences.
    TipTap likes this.
  8. Ducreux Augur

9. Semah Augur

The thing I'd be really curious to see for RF is a vote on raid instancing.
  10. Jaime Lannister Augur

I've very much been an Anti-instancing advocate, and I still am if it's equal parts open world and instanced.

But if it's open world targets spawning every 24 hours vs instances every 6 days, I'm absolutely ok with that.
    They never even put that forward as a possibility. I fought against instancing because I assumed you could raid an instance just as often as the open world targets spawned, which would be awful.
    I'd be fine with that version of instancing coming to Ragefire.

As for the unlocks. There is absolutely no reason to have two identical servers at this point, and the population is not really big enough to be split into 2 for no reason. If there is going to be Ragefire and Lockjaw, one should be faster unlocks, one should be longer. I don't care which one is which, simply choose, and allow 1 more round of transfers. I don't care if I'd have to transfer to LJ, even if it meant losing all my sweet Game of Thrones names.

Just do SOMETHING, I can't fathom the idea of simply letting 2 servers die 7 months into their life.

At the very least, make an announcement saying "We are not planning on doing any kind of vote or unlock schedule change withe LJ/RF at any point in the future" so those of us still here can plan accordingly.
    Elkay likes this.
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

To say you understood the vote that was on Ragefire would be a total lie - what the vote said didn't even fit in the vote box it was cut off half way through the second sentence if anyone understood what the vote said it was the person who made the vote.
  12. Sauceboss New Member

I never really understood the prevailing counter-argument to doing another vote for Vellious which is "A vote was done a while back and the results were X so we can never revisit this".

This is a game we all pay for on a monthly basis, and we vote to unlock content so we aren't bored and feel we are wasting our monthly subscription dollars; this is not a vote for the presidency of the United States.

I would challenge the "6-monthers" as follows:

1. Many people have already expressed the fact that they felt the original vote was unclear. That should be reason enough for DBG to reconsider, and they should have done it much sooner.

2. The original vote stipulated to the unlocking of content beyond Velious. That should never have been the case.

3. The server population has changed drastically since the release of Phinny. Most of the 6-monthers are those who wanted a more classic experience, which they are now enjoying on Phinny.

4. We don't need 2 servers on the same unlock. Either make LJ or RF faster-paced, or merge them and re-work the unlock schedule to something between 3 and 6 months.

5. Of those remaining, more and more are cancelling subs or switching to Phinny.

6. If there are enough 6-monthers left to sway a 2nd vote, then another vote will pass in your favor and there's nothing to worry about right?

7. What does holding back Vellious actually accomplish at this point? Other than ensuring that the server dies a slow, painful death.

Lastly, I'll even provide the verbiage to go into the vote box (DBG feel free to copy+paste):

"Should Vellious be available on Ragefire on January 1, 2016?"
    YES / NO
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Yes let's vote on RF again.

I'm going with 6 months on that vote
  14. Mwapo Augur

Might as well just close them up at this point. Pack it in. Game's dead.
    oldkracow likes this.
  15. Moravia Journeyman

I can fathom it, and there are legitimate business reasons as to why this is good for DBG...new TLP server coming May 2016, after RF/LJ merge!
    Flicker likes this.
  16. Moravia Journeyman

I voted 6 months, and would do so again.
    Xanadas and Yohan like this.
  17. Sauceboss New Member

I have no doubt in my mind there are many on Ragefire who would support the 6-month unlock, but I would be surprised if there weren't more who are ready for Vellious.

I'd like to understand from the 6-monthers how their gameplay experience would be adversely affected by the release of new content. I would think with new content it may result in more people logging in, thus more groups / activity. Given also that even with Vellious, the existing Kunark/Classic zones will likely still be busy with exp groups.

IIRC it wasn't until PoP that zones like Chardok, OS and HS started being deserted in favor of better xp in the planes.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  18. Mwapo Augur

At this point it's people who want to stick it to people that aren't even playing the server or even the game anymore. They could change it to 3 months with instances and I still wouldn't go back. Ragefire and Lockjaw are dead to many people and atleast one of those servers will go the way of Vulak soon enough.
  19. Steampunk Augur

How about if it was read with more care? And, contrary to your apparent opinion, raiders are not the only people who play, or the only people who count.
  20. Batbener Augur

6th month timers works for me right now on Rage because I am playing on Phinny for the time being. If I go back to Rage, I would prefer it be around Velious. However, if it jumped to 3 months every xpac, I would probably join Rage sooner rather than later. Really not a fan of no boxing. After epics, there really isn't a lot the mega boxers can lock down that will get in the way of the regular guilds. I guess Arena in Kael, but if they are locking down flag mobs in PoP, DBGs has already shown they will step in.

My guess is DBGs is taking a wait and see approach to unlocks on LJ and Rage, based on what happens with Phinny at the first of the year. If they put LJ to 3 month and Rage to 6 month, they really need to offer free xfers first. They sold LJ at one point as the slow progression server, and rage as the fast one, and they really should stick to that.