Ragefire CT in fear is broken / unkillable / been up for weeks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DryalRmog, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ducreux Augur

CT was dead (on Fippy) when I went this morning. If he doesn't DT and if I can catch him up I'll try and parse his hp and see how much he regens.
  2. Moranis Augur

We had 55 there, but about 10-15 of them were like 50-55 (raid average 58 or so I think), because hey, we're in freaking PoFear. I agree that we're not a hardcore raiding guild nor did we have our "A-team", if you will. It was mostly a guildy pickup raid.
    In other news, his AC/mitigation was on par with the buffed velious mobs...epic rogues and monks doing like 50-60 dps and it didnt appear that he used gravity flux ever, but he did use avatar snare. He didn't really have any major AOEs that I noticed either...just a pretty hefty 1400pt quad attack.

Ah yes, the standard FI response. Noted, sir...we are not EQ gods like yourselves.

You can talk about your superior DPS all night long, but if 900dps literally does not reduce his HP by even 1%, something doesn't smell right. Hell, we at least got Vindi down to like 85% with only slightly higher DPS.
    I'm personally not motivated enough to spend multiple hours marathon_raiding mobs so it would be nice to know if any particular raid boss is going to be in beastmode so I don't waste my time.

Once again, all I think we would like to know is:

Is his massive HP regen on purpose or not?
  3. Silinius Augur

Well, if it is the buffed Cazic Thule, he has over 1M HP right? Factoring in .001 HP regeneration per second, that would be 1K HP per second. If you are doing 900(ish)dps, then you wouldn't get him below 100%... ever. That's not the standard FI response. That's Maths.
    Vaclav likes this.
  4. Vaclav Augur

IIRC he should have around 1M before MotM adjustments - so he probably regens even faster than that since it seems like Velious MotM is 3-4x HP.
  5. EQForumAcct Augur

As it stands - FP can't kill any Velious raid boss. With the MOTM3 and regen, unless they somehow brought 2 full raids people...So until you hear otherwise, don't waste your, or your guild's time. Go back and kill Kunark mobs. There's no shame in being an expansion behind.

The devs have said something about the regen...and it should be scaled back a bit come the next patch. But why do you think you deserve easy loot? Especially stuff that's now very good (from the revamped CT)? You still haven't even taken the time to kill Gorenaire - an easier mob than a lot of Velious bosses.
  6. Moranis Augur

Honestly, any raid mob that requires like 75+ people will be tough for us to kill simply because I dont think we have that many raiders on at any given time.

I don't think we deserve easy loot...I don't believe I ever said that, however, it would be nice to have a glimmer of hope!

Gore is a PITA and from what I've seen, there isn't a guild-wide interest in massing up to kill her to get in on the Trak rotation and VP key everyone. I personally would rather go on velious armor raids and wait for them to retune velious mobs than regress and kill stuff in kunark. Maybe that's just me...Velious was my favorite expansion after all.
  7. Obsessed Journeyman

Rumor has it that Aaryonar died after bleeding over 6M hitpoints on Ragefire.

Everything in the Velious era can be killed with a strong enough raid force, the problem is trying to justify wasting 180 man hours (most guilds wont muster 90..) to kill these high HP mobs when the regen is a bug.

Question is: Would you bother wasting several hours to do it knowing that his regen will be fixed next week?
  8. Bento Elder

Obviously these mobs are overtuned or daybreak wouldn't be significantly nerfing them. I dont think the OP is trying to say the mobs are unkillable, just unkillable by 90% of guilds which is true and it shouldnt be that way. I dont understand why people are bashing them about dps, grow up and understand that not everyone has 80-100 raiders to kill bosses.

That being said hopefully daybreak doesn't go in the opposite direction and make everything too easy. Some testing would do them wonders...
  9. Wintermalo Augur

Here's the subject of the thread: Ragefire CT in fear is broken / unkillable / been up for weeks

I don't have a degree in psychology but I feel like the OP might have been trying to say CT is unkillable, idk tho idk
    Qelyn likes this.
  10. Bento Elder

And if you read the discussion people have put it out there that he can be killed by top tier guilds, have you tested it or are you just here to nitpick? zzzzzz
  11. Ducreux Augur

So yeah, still can't test Cazic on Fippy because he calls the golems on aggro who instantly DT me. :D
    Qelyn likes this.
  12. Tieyla Elder

So magically targets that are unkillable a few days ago are being killed now with no nerfs?

Lets need them anyway, earn loot? What is this everquest?
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I don't want to nitpick but bringing ~40 level 60's to a Velious-turned raid is really, really sub-optimal =/ I think your effort is commendable but that is super optimistic.
  14. -wycca Augur

They did discuss pushing CT back to Luclin, but they were referring to the zone, not the raid mob.
  15. DryalRmog Augur

I said he's unkillable, because nobody has killed him, in weeks

You can argue 40 people is not enough but we had 55 avg lev 58 in raid, that's a lot of people for fear.

I have said this in other threads, should raids only be for forces of 72? (Size of Max raid window) or should 50 or 60 people be able to take down targets in era? That's something daybreak has to decide.

As it stands right now the only guilds killing in era content are doing so with 80-120 plus..... More then 72.

Mostly this post was not created to whine, or complain how hard he is, or to compare guilds DPS o meters, it was created to create awareness that a mob not in velious, is really really hard, and needs to be fixed with upcoming regen / mitigation fixes.

I could eat see a script run that says something along the lines of : give me all MOTM3 mobs in Velious, fix regen to X fix mitigation to 3 update to live servers and the Devs think job is done.

CT is not in Velious, he's in fear, CT does not have MOTM3 on him, so if this was the script, he would not be fixed.

I am not even sure Devs are aware this version of CT is in game, the new. Erwin of Ferrott is as well with CT named mobs like Crusaders popping in Ferrott, even tho CT zone is old zone.... So some of these things may be tired to TLP hard code and need to be manually tweeked
  16. Kiani Augur

The revamped CT is equivalent to Velious era, though, which was the point. He's not died in weeks because Tempus and Darkwind haven't bothered, not because he's unkillable. Though he may yet be,who knows!
  17. EQForumAcct Augur

Velious raid mobs have died to the top guilds with less than 72 folks. Heck, Dain just died a little bit ago on Ragefire....I'm 99% sure that Darkwind didn't have a full raid to do it.

For "new" boss attempts, that may be true, but it pares back down to 72 (or less) pretty quick as folks figure out strategy things, etc.

IT IS A MOB UPDATED IN VELIOUS. What part of that don't you get? CT was revamped back in the day. Thus, he's now revamped, with loot just as good as NToV loot. And yet, you expect that you should be able to kill him with 55 people in a raid, with a L58 avg raid level (your own admission)?? Perhaps, again, it's YOU and your guild that need a reality check.

Your post was designed to whine because you wanted the phat loot that is as good, or better, than top-tier raid zone loot, and couldn't do it with your raid of scrubs.

Fix your raid. Get gear from mobs you CAN kill so you can have a CHANCE at killing harder raid bosses. That's how this game has always worked. It's always been NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to to skip a generation of gear and be successful in EQ.
  18. Wintermalo Augur

Ragefire has had a level 60 cap for like 8 months now how is anyone in your raid not level 60.
    Qelyn likes this.
  19. Moranis Augur

We were in POfear, so people brought along their lower level boxes for armor and whatnot.

In short, we were not expecting a very difficult velious tuned CT.
  20. Kiani Augur

Well, that's what this era CT is now. You'll know for the future!