Ragefire CT in fear is broken / unkillable / been up for weeks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DryalRmog, Apr 4, 2016.

1. DryalRmog Augur

Cons red now to 60s, 55 raiders mostly level 60 with Velious gear and epics fought him for 5 min today and he did not move from 100% life.

Does he have the mitigation bug from Velious?

Will he be fixed with regen / bug fixes for Velious patch?

Thanks
  2. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

3. Olostin New Member

And how is this cross-posting? I see nothing in that thread about cazic thule.
  4. DryalRmog Augur

Thanks for feedback VagtasticDrood!

Just so you know, that thread you linked is about Velious.

Fear is not in Velious

CT does not have MoTM 3 buff, nor should be red con and quading for 1500 and our regening almost 60 raiders.

Feel free to roll level 60 toons on Ragefire with 60 of your friends, get all your epics and fully velious geared, and try him out, and fight him for long time and never have his HPs drop below 100%...

Then come back to this thread and provide some more feedback!
    Xanadas likes this.
  5. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

CT and the Plane of Fear is revamped as a part of the Velious expansion. Therefore, it is a velious era bug and should've been posted in that thread! I'll pass on leveling up a toon on RF, thanks though!
  6. Machen New Member

Who wuold have thought that a mob originally revamped in Luclin would be significantly harder than Velious mobs with motm....
  7. Ronfar33 New Member

The version of CT you are fighting is a Velious era mob (planar revamp was March 2001, almost 9 months prior to Luclin's release). It sounds like everything is behaving as expected, broken regen included.
  8. Silentchaos Augur

Of course, why would anyone be able to contribute anything to this discussion other than you, you have your epic!
  9. Jaime Lannister Augur

I can't find the quote but I seem to recall a dev specifically mentioning that they were not going to update to Velious era Cazic-Thule and Innoruuk until Luclin? Anyone have the quote?
    Maybe they changed their mind.

No one has killed CT since Velious, and it sounds like it's currently overbuffed like many of the current Velious targets with insane regeneration.
  10. Miss Shortcake Elder

They don't have time to fix this, they're busy making other luclin mobs equally as unkillable.
    Whizbang, Coka, Rhiyannon and 2 others like this.
  11. Zool Elder

All bosses do reg now, even Yael does. Not as bad like the others but still do.
  12. Ducreux Augur

Told you guys last year to buy AoNs early cause Velious era PoF would be unkillable. I wish I still had the parse of my level 90 on Fippy wailing on MoTM Draco for what seemed like 10 minutes.
  13. EQForumAcct Augur

lol - it's revamped CT - so he's a real boss now.

The guilds able to kill Velious bosses should be able to kill him.
  14. Moranis Augur

Well, he's harder than Vindi or Velk were, pre-debuff. We laid down about 900 dps for about 2 minutes (with bursts higher, I'm sure) and didn't even budge CT's HP below 100%.
    With a slightly larger raid force, we were at least getting Vindi / Velk down into the 70-80% range.
  15. Ducreux Augur

Redid draco on Fippy. Noticeable regen but 2.5k+ raidwide dps should have no trouble beating it.

A dracoliche in 194s, 636k @3278 --- Ducreux + pets 635k@3278 (3278 in 194s).

Was a bit faster than the bard kill ;) . Wish I could test CT+Golems but deathtouch still 1 shots me in SoD gear. FeelsBadMan.

Can you link a parse of your 55 man RF raid so we can see what kind of raidwide dps can't move him from 100%?
    Dethecus likes this.
  16. Moranis Augur

I can try and upload some stuff when I get home this afternoon. I only ever look at the parser, haven't tried exporting anything yet.

He was truly a freakshow though. Nothing like burning thru the entire zone and then hitting a brick wall.
  17. Lifetap Augur

That's not even good dps for classic, no wonder you guys didn't get anywhere.
    Lonye likes this.
  18. DryalRmog Augur

Feel free to test away, this version of CT does not DT.
  19. Bewts Augur

In all fairness, 900 dps with 35 people on a mob that has OP'd mitigation and AC may not be terrible. It may not be Tier 1 Raid guild DPS, but extrapolated to 70 raiders, 1.8k dps (Darkwind raid / parse numbers) seems pretty on par from their whining for nerfs in general.

Still, not making a dent seems like regen is still borked on CT.

This is what Developers get for putting in last minute changes days before a launch where content was mostly tested and understood.
  20. yerm Augur

Get rid of the stupid regen and give him AE DT. Make Norrath Fun Again.