Preorder Expansions taken away then deleveled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mulleteer, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Ringkeeper Journeyman

Thanks for your response Piestro!

I think that the whole situation was just an unfortunate train of events. I am curious if this is attributable to personnel changes (no seamless transition for interdepartmental integration).

What's in it for the "apologists?" They should just apply for law school and become a corporate counsel, especially with so much time to check forums. Players are concerned with the negative consequences in-game (mainly subscription), on yes, faulty assumption.
  2. Sinestra Augur

Your opinion of trivial is different than others. Most (not all) of the people in this thread are also not threatening to cancel their accounts, most of them have or are saying they will cancel their pre-order.
  3. Edrick Augur

That is fair enough.

e: Alright, this is what I deservedly get for posting immediately after waking up and feeling grumpy. I offer my apologies for stirring the pot. I'm going to take a nap.
    Leerah and Veridic like this.
  4. Gnomeland Augur

Grant 20/20 on pre-order.

Take it away in the case pre-order is canceled.

Problem solved.
    beryon, Veridic and Sinestra like this.
  5. Cendar New Member

When you hear for over a decade of people always threatening to cancel their accounts over something trivial it's difficult to take it seriously anymore. Besides, there was a snippet of constructiveness in my snarky comment. Sony had the right to remove access to those expansions since people hadn't actually paid for them yet (this includes me, I was leveling my other other account in Shard's that had preordered CotF and didn't have RoF,) but it would have been a much more understanding solution for Sony to say "Oops, we made a mistake, we don't do that next time" rather than just removing all progress people have made without warning.

If there has been a history of people scamming Sony and cancelling their preorders the day before they were charged, I am not aware of it, and maybe this move is not unprecedented.

But stamping your feet and saying you're cancelling over this move is silly, and that is why I gave it a silly response.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Everyone has their own opinion Edrick. We all have different histories. I have not played for 10 years like you have. In fact, I haven't played since 2008 since coming back in July so I am basically a new customer. My character in current state at level 94 with no usuable gear is essentially super nerfed. You can blame me for accessing the content. I TAKE THE BLAME FOR THAT! Yes, right here put it on me! But I blame Sony for not releasing a statement since August 25th when I preordered, thats 19 days. Thats aweful customer service. Thats why I canceled my preorder.
  6. MadGamb New Member

But guys, you are taking for granted that we wanted to take advantage of soe and that is not true by any means.
    I came back to the game recently and was about to buy RoF when i saw that the preorder was up, i had no idea when the new exp was coming out, i looked it up but i couldnt find anything, and i saw in the forums that doing the preorder i could access VoA and RoF, i never, not for a fraction of a second i thought that i was taking advantage of a bug or anything...i didnt know they would not take the money till the expansion was released, i just did the preorder and just wanted to enjoy the game.

I am one of those people that cancelled the preorder, but it was not because i love drama or wanted to make noise...i can now understand soe's point of view but try to understand mine...i want to play by the rules, but this issue left me "naked" in PoK with nothing to do.

The reason i cancelled the preorder was because i didnt know how this problem was gonna be managed. What if the new exp takes longer to go live? how long? 1 week, 2 or 3?? What can i do till then? That's why i cancelled, because, even with 2 and a half months of Gold membership left i might have to stop playing for good and then, paying for an expansion that i was not gonna use made little sense.

If the new exp is released soon i will gladly buy it "again"
  7. Sinestra Augur

Something else I always remember when this stuff happens is that online gaming customer service is completely different than other industries. Most industries try to keep customers happy, and giving in on some things when they make mistakes is far more lucrative than telling the customer to suck it up or ignoring them.

Online gaming is most often the opposite. They are so worried about someone getting over on them that they will often treat customers like they mean nothing and that they should be happy they are even allowed to play their game as if there aren't hundreds of other options. There are of course limits, but it's very backwards.
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Piestro Augur

We officially became aware of this issue yesterday. I spotted it a few days ago but wasn't fully up to speed on what was intended as I haven't been working on EQ in several months. My name was accidentally left off of the email where they discussed how to handle this issue, since the folks discussing aren't used to me working on EQ again.

It's an unfortunate chain of events, now we just need to find the right solution for those customers who did not have VoA and/or RoF and pre-ordered the expansion. It's a small group of people but we still want to do right by them. Once we all agree internally on what the right course of action is we'll let you know. We'll have that by this afternoon.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Vexus New Member

More than a few days ago I think friend

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/pre-order-account-transfer-questions.203109/
  10. Piestro Augur

11. Tempano New Member

Piestro, it is simple. We have purchased the pre-order to grant access to all expansions, and keep leveling. Most of us have upgraded to gold to get more levels and AAs. We have PAID because of this, and now we can't do anything and we are wasting a gold subscription.
    You can't allow this to happen. Act as a profesional company when there is money involved, please.
    Thanks for any response and I am sure you will find a solution as soon as possible. The weekend starts.....
  12. Liliana Augur

People were preordering, grabbing all the claim items and then canceling the preorder while retaining the items. Think it only worked for voa and RoF, but still real lame. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Bauer likes this.
  13. Ringkeeper Journeyman

The error largely falls upon the technical issue of access (business department?). Everyone makes mistakes. I'd like to apologize for my high passion in earlier posts. I think there is some shock in delevel. Apologists should not fan the fire by accusing others of scamming or ignorance. I think they are worried that we will receive some form of reimbursement that they will left out on (i.e. related to LoN or Station Cash). Thanks again.
  14. Coruth Augur

I always find it funny that when people threaten to quick, others quickly dismiss them.

I know a lot of those people, are blowing smoke, but not all of them. People do quit over this type of stuff. I know reasons why RL friends and guild mates have quit. And sometimes it's reasons just like this thread. ((Or they drop a couple box accts))

Just look at Trialitys disband, shahrazads disband/reform. Talk to some of those who retired.
    While some might be RL, a lot of the ones I know do blame Sony for something and Quit because of it.

I for one, mourn when anyone quits and game gets smaller (and a tiny step closer to ending. I don't want it to end)

I mourn doubly when its for mistake/policy on Everquests end that should never happen
    Veridic likes this.
  15. McDougal Augur

Kind of reminds of the time some years back when they put a Beta merchant in POK on the live servers. It was up for quite awhile and was selling some cool stuff. Everyone knew about it but many were hesitant to use it in fear of it being an exploit . Sometimes they would run unannounced events. Well they finally took down the merchant ran some script and tracked down all the items and booted all of us that bought some items for a few days. It WAS their fault and there was a debate at the time if anyone should be held responsible. There was great lamentation and gnashing of teeth I can't even remember what the items were now. :)
  16. Veridic Lorekeeper

This is a horrible analogy. Bottom line- pre-ordered knowing it would grant me access. Leveled and got gear. That access was taken away without warning rendering my character useless.
  17. Veridic Lorekeeper

Your simplistic sense making is not welcome here. (*hugs*)
  18. Liliana Augur

Unlimited amounts of in demand Tradeskill items. Metallic dragon scales for cultural etc. It would have tanked server markets if the rollbacks were not performed. People of course still exploited the rollbacks. It was SoE's error and it changed the way they do design locks going forward. In the end though people should have known better
  19. Vexus New Member

I waited to cancel until Piestro mentioned "he would bring the topic up again for future releases." I don't believe that's too quick, and I'm glad to see they're at least trying to rectify the situation. If they restore accounts to their former glory I don't mind picking up the pre-order again.
  20. Veridic Lorekeeper

This makes me VERY happy. My only concern now is that I canceled my pre-order in a rage yesterday (this I will take responsibility for :p) after logging in to my naked 90... If you do indeed do right by those few, I will definitely re-up on my pre-order.