Confirmed Postmasters Challenge Bugged?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by cerblade, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have you ever done it before? It cannot be repeated and that is the response the NPC will give if you have done it or a portion of it at any time previous.

A couple of the lower deliveries used to give out a lot of plat and players would just do those for the plat. So they fixed it so no one can repeat it to avoid that happening

The post linked shows a slightly different error as that player had some finished and you have none, but its probably going to be the same thing
    OGEQprincipals likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

He said he has finished them all, but the quest won't let him progress as he has previously done them and he cannot now repeat them.
  4. OGEQprincipals New Member

Here's what happened to me. Not sure if its similar to anyone else.

I was looking to get the Visage of the daft trickster. Quest is Favor of the Orcakar players. The write ups show 2 quests needed for this. Postmasters challenge and Fifth Nybright Sister.

Having never done anything for either of these quests, I tackled the sister quest first. Went smoothly and received the armored orcakar figurine.

Next was all the running around for the mail deliveries. ally faction with the bards.

I was very organized and did all 18 hand ins in 2 playing sessions. Made sure to get mail and give to correct people. Each hand in I received exp/faction hits and the beloved quest completed horn sound we all know and love. I didn't notice any postmaster mail updates after any hand in though, which may be something. I also didn't talk to the postmaster before doing all the mail, though someone on the write ups has shown it was not needed. after all the successful hand ins, i went to the Postmaster, said challenge or whatever to him and he shows 0 of 18. Dang it #$%&$

So Im like guess i have to do it all again right, nothing counted? I go to the npcs again to try and get mail, and nothing. They say what I mentioned before in my previous post. So now I'm stuck. This is a legit bug. The quest may be working as intended but it is possible to bug it out, which needs to be looked at.

Someone who stumbles on these mail tasks and does them doesn't know its part of something bigger and essentially locks themselves out. If anything, they shouldnt give any mail to anyone until the postmaster part is done first? assuming thats the issue, it may not be.

Edit- adding I have never done Going Postal quest before this. Reading this thread, I see there was a previous quest that may have been mixed up with Postmaster's challenge flags.
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

This already caused me a lot of angst when I tried to point this out years ago and got no where. It affected me to the point that I made a lot of angsty posts on others things where I got the moderator scold and post edits. Everything becomes a very one sided conversation then and nothing I say matters. Then you start getting that lag moment in a zone where you check to see if someone new has zoned in and you check who all to see who else showed up and most times you see another player. Sometimes you see no one. They might have fixed the one method I found to know they are around. It's not nice being stalked because they are hoping to catch you cheating.

My subconscious probably led me to make a post about an Overseer bug with many details that may have caused an emergency patch. I realized what I had done after.

This is an issue that still makes me angry years later this Postmaster's Challenge bug. Yet I still don't use any cheating software nor do I desire to.

It could all just be perfectly normal paranoia that is traceable to a Turkish ancestor of mine who was known as Mad Mahmud. Crazy runs in the family. Here is more of my crazy family my Great Aunt...

https://doodles.google/doodle/aysel-gurels-89th-birthday/

I know better than to use my mothers maiden name for any password questions. I am worth zero sheep.
  6. OGEQprincipals New Member

upvote by liking the posts please. This is a legit bug that should be looked into. Thank You.

I have also reported it using the internal methods, but they still request to post in this bug forum, so I did
  7. Pikollo Augur

Just adding to this. My thoughts are Postmaster Aric gives you an invisible flag which you need as you complete the 18 going postal quests. If you do not have that flag you get screwed. Postmaster Aric SHOULD be checking the flags you received from doing the 18 Going Postal quests and adjusting his final count accordingly.

Going Postal not being repeatable is not a bug but how Postmaster Aric checks for flags may well be. My gf and I did this quest together. I found it poking around Sunrise Hills so I had talked to Postmaster Aric and she did not. Now she is screwed and I am a weird jester guy.

If you guys can just point Postmaster Aric in the right direction so he checks for Going Postal flags it should fix this whole thing.
    Wulfhere, OGEQprincipals and Yinla like this.
  8. GNOME_POWER Augur

18 letters have been delivered and the quest cannot continue any further.
    Count stopped on 10/18.
  9. OGEQprincipals New Member

I agree hailing the postmaster should indeed check for these flags, and then credit where needed. Please like and upvote these posts as this has been shown to be a bug in the quest or flags for this quest. Lets keep this on the radar if possible
  10. Pikollo Augur

Petitions get you "We can't do anything, we know its an issue, /bug report anyways". I'd say if its not slated to be fixed then just hand people the items they can't get.
  11. OGEQprincipals New Member

Like and bump these comments. I've done internal petitions with pictures as well
  12. Pikollo Augur

Any word on this?
  13. cerblade New Member

No updates as of yet. Really was hoping to get an acknowledgment of some kind that the issue was at least being looked into. :(
  14. Yolan Lorekeeper

Having this issue too. Any resolution before I start petitioning for the items?
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This looks like when (6/16/21) it was changed to be non repeatable and that is where the bug came out.

Instead of allowing it to flag for what you have already done and allowing you to pick up from that point, instead it just flags the entire quest as non repeatable

The mail delivery quests offered by members of the League of Antonican Bards have been changed to be non-repeatable.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-june-16-2021.275946/
    Barton-Vox and Yinla like this.
  16. OGEQprincipals New Member

I see this has a Confirmed now. That's good right. What does that mean for progress on this?
  17. Pikollo Augur

My guess is its now sitting one someones desk to be fixed. But that doesn't really give a timeline. But it is step one I supposed. I doubt it will be in Wednesdays patch but maybe Aprils. Who knows.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If it's anything like the Dranik's Scar Named bug you could be in for a bit of a wait.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  19. Pikollo Augur

If thats the case we could all try to play GM roulette once or twice a week in an attempt to get the items. Think that would work?
  20. Pikollo Augur

Has anyone had any luck petitioning since the bug has been confirmed?