Confirmed Postmasters Challenge Bugged?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by cerblade, Feb 8, 2024.

1. cerblade New Member

Category: Quest (can reproduce)
    Date 2/8/24

Character : Cerblade (90 Bard Mischief)
    Zone : Sunrise Hills
    Loc : -2721.92, 2108.21, 3.85

NPC : Postmaster Aric Songfarer [parcel delivery]

Due to a change on TLP's with the "going postal" bard mail questline, this quest and the associated quests (courier of favor for example) are incompletable.

In order to complete this quest you have to do all 18 of the mail deliveries, but as they are no longer repeatable due to a change following an exploit, anyone who has done them previously cannot complete this quest.

a bug report was filled out for couriers favor almost a year ago.
    Duder, Ileasa, Mikren and 9 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The change that was made was to make the quests non repeatable. Its not a bug.

Game Update Notes: June 16, 2021: The mail delivery quests offered by members of the League of Antonican Bards have been changed to be non-repeatable.

The quests can be finished if you have not done it before- I do it on all my new characters. If your having a problem with it then its more likely your missing a step.

They have made the reward bag "Heirloom" so you can get the bag just by using a different character on the account.

I don't think they will do anything since it was changed to stop a exploit which occurred on TLP but affected all servers
  3. cerblade New Member

thats what i told the GM when i filed my petition. he told me to get bent and file a bug report, and that it is a bug.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. cerblade New Member

also its not the bag i am after, but the illusion mask, which is not heirloom.

Edit to clarify : if you have done the mail deliveries before, you cannot do them again for this illusion. So anyone who had done even 1, (2 in my case), cannot complete the illusion quest. i asked the GM to reset my quest progress, and he said to file a bug report.
    OGEQprincipals and Yinla like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Are you saying its not giving you credit for having already completed those parts?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think what he is trying to say is that he cannot get the quest The Favor of the Orcakar Players - that is the illusion mask not Postmaster.

But because it says if you have done Postmaster's Challenge then you talk to Celtreus Arwell which then flags you to get the next in the series: "The Fifth Nybright Sister" which when finished allows you do to a combine to get the illusion mask.

But he does not say if he already did Postmaster or what response Celtreus is giving him
    OGEQprincipals likes this.
  7. cerblade New Member

Almost correct. I can complete the Fifth Nybright quest, but not the other prerequisite, postmasters challenge. you need to complete both for the illusion.

Yes Svann2, you do not get credit for the ones you already did retroacitvely, so my quest is stuck at 15 of 18 deliveries with no way to complete it.

hopefully if it is indeed not a bug, one day they can make it heirloom. Or Ngreth will save me.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So what did you get when you completed the Sisters?

Odd that this write up does not mention the Postmaster needed to get the figurine but Sisters is needed to finish the Postmaster, much like the Nonad Tax - interesting tidbits in the comments

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5312
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

There is no before/after, if you did the task then you did the task and you have the character flag, repeatable does not change that. The Postmasters Challenge is not a quest, its an old style task that just checks your character flags, you are not required to talk to the Postmaster before doing any of the postal tasks. More than likely you are missing 3 you think are completed but not the ones you think you are missing. The problem lies in not being able to distinguish which ones are flagged.

CS's job is not to determine what is bugged, their job is to pass on what is in their knowledge base and then tell you to post an issue.
  10. cerblade New Member

you are incorrect, Soulbanshee, the fith nybright sister quest, is an old style quest. and that may be how the mail quest knows wether or not i have completed it before, definately. however, the postmaster quest from house of thule, shows a yellow text every time you turn in a piece of mail while completing the old mail quests. the mail quests and nybright quest may be old style, but the HOT one, and the one i am reporting is not. i am stuck at 16 of 18, and unable to turn in the last two as it gives the dialogue " i applaud your enthusiasm, cerblade, i cannot accept this delivery as we have limited funds...." which is the dialogue that was put in presumably in 2021's update.

Andd ive ran threw the entire quest 2x to make sure i did not miss one, i have also tried trading the mail from an alt to the main, same dialogue.

Catspaws, i did recieve the figurine from the sisters quest, but without the first quest, postmasters, the final NPC will not accept it. i promise i did not miss a step, its just incompletable if you did the old style mail quests, prior to starting this HOT one. i am not the only one with this issue.

now whether its a bug or not, i don't know. I'm just doing what the GM told me to do in the petition.
  11. cerblade New Member

it is worth noting, if i didnt mention it, i did the 2 of the mail quests prior to HOT release in classic on the mischief server. it may be a TLP issue?

Edit infact it would have to be, as HOT was already out prior to the mail change on live.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You only need to equip the figurine in your primary slot then hail him. Its not a turn in

But, yes I do understand what you are saying about only showing 16 out of 18. It has been reported a few times in the past. On all servers.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

Going Postal:
    - Each letter is temporary
    - Each letter is unique and has to be turned into the right person (lore may be wrong)
    - Do not use "mail" in the keyword even though the prompt looks like that and writeups have it
    - 2 NPCs have 2 letters, just because you delivered one doesn't mean you are finished
    - The way to block a character from repeating a task is to track character flags which these have always done even when they were repeatable. If you did the task at any point, you have the character flag for completing it so you will have the credit for Postmaster, you just can't repeat it to see if you did that piece of mail or not anymore.
    If you go and complete the same one again, you will get the following message instead, in red:

Mail Delivery Challenge: You have already delivered this bit of mail.

Erudin to Qeynos
    Ticar Lorestring @ -627, -227, 69 in Erudin
    I will deliver to Qeynos
    Tralyn Marsinger @ +520, -110 in South Qeynos 1

Halas to Qeynos
    Marton Stringsinger @ the bank
    I will deliver to Qeynos
    Tralyn Marsinger in South Qeynos 2

High Keep to Qeynos
    (Lislia 1) Lislia Goldtune 3.61, -34.54
    I will deliver to Qeynos
    Eve Marsinger in South Qeynos 3

Surefall Glade to Qeynos
    Sivana Lutewhisper @ the ranger guild
    I will deliver to Qeynos
    Tralyn Marsinger in South Qeynos 4

West Karana to Qeynos
    Mistrana @ the barbarian village
    I will deliver to Qeynos
    Tralyn Marsinger in South Qeynos 5

Freeport to High Keep
    (Ton 1) Ton Twostring @ East FP Bard Guild
    I will deliver to Highpass
    Lislia Goldtune 3.61, -34.54 6

Qeynos to High Keep
    Eve Marsinger
    I will deliver to Highpass
    Lislia Goldtune 3.61, -34.54 7

Feerrott to Freeport
    Drizda @ zone to Innothule Swamp
    I will deliver to Freeport
    Felisity Starbright @ East FP Bard Guild 8

High Keep to Freeport
    (Lislia 2) Lislia Goldtune 3.61, -34.54
    Ton Twostring @ East FP Bard Guild 9

Innothule to Freeport
    Dark Deathsinger @ the SW corner of the zone
    Felisity Starbright @ East FP Bard Guild 10

Kelethin to Freeport
    Idia is located @ -224, 256 Bards' Guild
    Felisity Starbright @ East FP Bard Guild 11

Nektulos to Freeport
    Travis Two Tone @ -1963.67, -268.26
    Felisity Starbright @ East FP Bard Guild 12

Rivervale to Freeport
    Silna Songsmith @ 149.75, -150.00
    Felisity Starbright @ East FP Bard Guild 13

Ak'Anon to Kelethin
    Lyra Lyrestringer @ 1253, -762 in Ak'Anon
    I will deliver to Kelethin
    Jakum Webdancer @ -224, 256 Bards' Guild 14

Butcherblock to Kelethin
    Siltria Marwind @ docks
    Jakum Webdancer @ -224, 256 Bards' Guild 15

Felwithe to Kelethin
    Tacar Tissleplay @ -83, -320 in N. Felwithe
    Jakum Webdancer @ -224, 256 Bards' Guild 16

Freeport to Kelethin
    (Ton 2) Ton Twostring @ East FP Bard Guild
    Idia is located @ -224, 256 Bards' Guild 17

Kaladim to Kelethin
    Kilam Oresinger @ 105.00, 220.00, 3.31, Pub Kal
    Jakum Webdancer @ -224, 256 Bards' Guild 18
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. cerblade New Member

I think I see your confusion. I'll try to keep this simple. You are mistaking the first mail quest (going postal) for the second, (postmasters challenge). i have all 18 flags for going postal. correct. those are old school flags.

But because i did them prior to HOT launch, its impossible to get the updates for Postmaster challenge. (you physically cannot hand them in) as the other poster has verified it's a known issue, and I would highly encourage you to do it yourself before attempting to dismiss the report. Although since its a TLP, and you would need to run the first quest prior to hot, and the second after, i don't see how that's possible.

i am not sure what linking the guide is trying to accomplish, I'm quite familiar with it. if you think all of us have missed something please be concise and to the point.

PS. ill give you a handful of krono if you can show me that whatever point your trying to make is correct and get me the mask :p
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Basically, the bug is that the quest for the illusion (HoT quest) isn't recognising the flags for doing the postal quests prior to expansion release.

Op do you know which 2 it isn't recognising? This may help the devs track and fix the 2 bugged hand ins.
    OGEQprincipals and cerblade like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't think it is TLP related in its entirety as it happens on live servers also. I remember a player reporting this on Vox also.

Its not always the same 2 - the problem is if you did partial mail delivery either just to get the gold (exploit) or just didn't finish it then you cannot go back and repeat it to finish it.
    Yinla and cerblade like this.
  17. cerblade New Member

felwithe to kelethin was definately one, and i think BB to kelethin but cant be certain about the last one. thank you for you input i appreciate it.
  18. Hegsheoshed Augur

Basically if you did any mail deliveries and failed to talk to the Postmaster it should give you credit for the ones you turned in previously. So the flag is broken. It should work the same way some HA's do when you kill or do stuff before it shows in the list but it updates when you get to that part.
  19. OGEQprincipals New Member

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Tue Feb 13 22:37:13 2024

Character: Level 119 Shadow Knight (Main)
    Zone: Erudin

Description: Postmaster's Challenge seems to be bugged. I delivered all the mail, but he says 0 of 18 delivered. I am trying to get the mail again to attempt it a 2nd time, and the npcs won't give me the mail piece.
    I need this to get the Visage of the daft Trickster, correct?

Please reset flags or give me the credit. I don't think I spoke to the postmaster before delivering all the mail, but that shouldn't matter as they took the mail and gave me exp and factions like it was working. Thank You

They say "I applaud your enthusiasm, Name. I cannot offer you another delivery at this time as we have limited funds and we would like to allow others the opportunity to assist us."
  20. OGEQprincipals New Member

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Tue Feb 13 23:11:36 2024

Character: Level 119 Shadow Knight (Main)
    Zone: Sunrise Hills

Description: Postmaster Flags seem to be not working. please fix my characters flags or this quest.
    Postmaster Aric Songfairer