Please no out of era zone revamps in Scars of Velious and Shadows of Luclin

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WaitingforMoreEQ, Aug 6, 2018.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Kerafyrm's Lair AKA Sleeper's Tomb 2.0 wasn't originally released until after PoP. Similar to the Revamped version of Hate/Fear and Clan Runnyeye this zone shouldn't be release on TLPs until the proper expansion PoP.

Do the right thing ;)
  2. malaki Augur

Yes, there should be no warders at all once sleeper is released a week into velious!
    doah and Machentoo like this.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Do you REALLY want what is in era here? Because Malaki laid it out for you. A useless zone with no warders at all for ~5 months, is that really preferable?
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yes
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

It would certainly make a fitting punishment.
  6. Ryak Augur

This is obviously an awful idea. At least on Phinny there were 17 guilds not involved in the #!©& measuring contest who would have been the ones to lose out if it worked this way.

But i will never again play these terrible early eras, so (meh) do what you please, i guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    PathToEternity likes this.
  7. RandomStrategy Augur

I thought Phinny worked out a rotation? Did I miss something? By the time you all woke the sleeper ST 2.0 would have been in place?
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Originally the plan was for the Sleeper to be woken at the middle point of Velious on Phinny. But crackhead Skykam convinced Gris to wake the sleeper about a 4 weeks or so earlier and only 5-6 guilds ended up seeing ST 1.0 because of it.

Doesn't matter man ST 2.0 is out of era and should be treated like other out of Era revamps. Which means it should come with PoP.
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

Maybe I'm thinking of Lockjaw that woke the Sleeper later than most.
  10. doah Augur

I dunno the gear was tuned to be comparable to other in era items. It would be useless for it to come out in luclin. The st 2.0 event occurred during luclin on the premium server that had at the time and about 6 months later on pleb servers.
  11. Rovell Elder

[IMG]
    RandomStrategy likes this.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Doesn't matter, out of era content just like Runnyeye, CoMist named, Velks named ect. ST 2.0 wasn't in the game and like other revamps it shouldn't be in the game till the correct ERA which isn't SoV.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I don't follow how is wanting a progression server to have the correct era content "wanting to watch the world burn"
    RandomStrategy likes this.
  14. malaki Augur

You forgot Chardok, which is still around!
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Well kinda, just some of the loot tables. Chardok was around, just different loot tables for the most part if Argent Protector was replaced by Argent Defender on King's loot table like it was originally i would be really happy. It would make the 2 handers that drop from VP useful again instead of being outclassed by loot from a named that can be duoed
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Chardok is definitely worse than st. You get solo necros and2 box enc just griefing and krono farming the named all expansion!
  17. That0neguy Augur

Dont forget to remove epics. Also new FP. New Nek forest. Kith mobs. All your spells. Focus effects. EXP rates, corpse runs, no picks, no AoC's, 40 slot bags. Always funny people want to draw this "out of era" line somewhere in the sand. Never do they want to remove the "out of era" things they agree with or like. Come up with a better excuse for this change then simply because it is "out of era" there are plenty of other things that don't belong that no one ever complains about.
    Critt likes this.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I'm not asking for fully classic. I'm asking for consistency on what is allowed and what is isn't.

TBH i would much prefer actual classic on everything other then XP and the only reason i would want faster XP is because we aren't staying in the same expansion for over a year. Corpse runs hell yeah i want those back. Manastones, Staff of forbidden rites, SOD procing at level 1 give me it all the good and the bad.
  19. snailish Augur

Be progressive, not exact to "when launched".

Some things were added later because they weren't done on time. Some things were added later than they are useful, especially on modern progression. Some things weren't thought of or done when they really were first needed. Progression let's that be fixed.

Veksar came later, but if it wasn't such a great loot table it would be fine as a Kunark zone. It's still useful and used though, so not an issue getting it later.

I see no problem with ST how they have been doing it, unless they want to cave and allow more guilds to see it in unawaken form (part of the sell of the AoC server ruleset arguably).

The Warrens is a larger omission from the game, seeing as how lousy Odus is as a starting continent, especially for Paineel Erudites.
  20. doah Augur

I don't disagree I am just saying the items that drop in st2.0 would be most useful in velious era.
    snailish likes this.