Please no out of era zone revamps in Scars of Velious and Shadows of Luclin

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WaitingforMoreEQ, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Machentoo Augur

Sure, not asking for fully classic, only "actual" classic.
  2. Machentoo Augur

If "classic" on everything other than XP is really what you want, then just own it. And recognize that no one is going to give it to you. If you want classic on everything, including xp, p99 is your best bet. Otherwise, no, you are not going to get your ST 2.0 elimination, or anything else.
  3. Clonkers Lorekeeper

Get rid of melody #GiveBardsRsi
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Would be nice all those bard boxes just jamming out to one song each for the whole raid.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

-> well better take the slow xp too; thats what it was in era
    -> also revert to the original DirectX7 client with the small centered game window and un-moddable until mm what was it velious or luclin we got the DX9 client? I forget... (back to this) thats how it was in era
    -> spell data has to go back to classic
    -> combat tables need reverted too
    -> goodbye click from bags, origin, compass, ingame maps...
    -> That0neguy pretty much got the rest

Really, there are just some things I don't think they're going to try to revert. Mostly due to short staff and lack of good documentation from that era. Heck it might even be impossible to get the actual old data if it wasn't backed up.

I can't say I agree with you on any of that. The things they've left in I feel are a good compromise, but thats just my opinion ;P
    snailish likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You really aren't in a position to make this call but thanks for your input

God yes the less boxes the better
  7. snailish Augur

Wherever something fits, not supplants "era content", makes the most sense.

The dev team's track record on this is steadily refining:
    -newbie armor in PoP stops it from breaking itemization in the early content
    -Tutorial being GoD gives the newbie armor an era of "solid choice" rather than obsolete at its launch
    -various revamp items being era set (i.e., Velk's named drops)
    -the huge amount of era setting that has been done for tradeskills and quests
    -the hopefully just started process of "restored quests" tailored to eras

It's a work in progress, and depends on whether one believes the earliest content should be tuned to approach original challenge. If the answer is yes, then focus effects would be on the radar at some point for at least the pre-Luclin content. As an example.

The "LoY 30 introduced charm items vs. the later & better Intricate Wooden Figurine" discussion fits in with this, but just removing IWF outright doesn't fully make sense as it has a progression/backflagging incentive... as I said elsewhere, I actually would prefer they "restore" a quest to make the LoY charms worth pursuing in era.

One of the more glaring examples that remains in place is TSS era not being free of defiant gear for at least the TSS expac --an entire 1-75 expac of quests and gear that defiant makes mostly obsolete. Defiant dropping even 1 expac later makes so much more sense.*

*Especially if you think the one future/second server lock that could actually work is TSS. Very replayable and different than Agnarr, while not being what live is either.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

Give bards their chants back when kiting! Make Bards !
  9. Fle2ch Elder

I hate the new Freeport and the High hold pass. Would love to see them gone from progression servers.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Agreed