[Please No!] December Server -no box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KarmaThaKing, Aug 29, 2015.

1. ranluwen Journeyman

Again, it doesn't really matter to me how people want to play the game. The new server might be a good idea, it just doesn't appeal to me. However p99 doesn't appeal to me either. I looked into playing on a red server, but while original eq is nostalgic, it's just not a very efficient video game to play. You have to be ready to invest hours to do anything, and I don't have that kind of time anymore.

But this is exactly why huge box crews are beneficial to DBG, and my entire point with posting in this thread. Every Krono clicked is essentially taken out of circulation and stopped being used as a currency. Which will then create a need for people to go out and buy more. DBG doesn't want to sell 50 krono's, and then have people sit on it and use it as currency, they want people clicking them, and taken out of rotation. Every krono clicked is somebody playing this game at 18 dollars per month, and the only way people buy more is to consume them, preferably on a large scale. I'm not sure if Sony was the first video game to have a system like krono, but it was a genius marketing idea.

Now, you can argue about the greed and monopolizing that krono has created, I'm not gonna argue with you there. You can hate boxers and krono all you want. But yes, boxers who click krono do add to DBG bottom line. I can promise you that.
  2. SyDiko Augur

I think you know the answer, but I'll just go ahead and say it anyway!

The reason why you'll find push back is because there will be significant monetary losses for farming oriented players.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You are right, all circumstantial with the names. But if I was a betting man I'd wager 1 krono that your IP through the login server is on those accounts 4 sale at one point.

I could be wrong but sellers aren't always the brightest folk and sometimes use the same nick out of habit.

On your 2nd point if you want to box there a ton of servers to enjoy. Don't worry about 1 that might not be able to. You or I can't tell without any financial data that boxers = EQ stay in business merely an opinion.
  4. SyDiko Augur

I'd be in on that bet too and I'd actually take it further. I bet the IP address logged on both forums are the same as well.

The formula is simple:
    2 Forums + Related 'botting' Threads + EQ + TLP = Pretty good chance, you're one in the same person.
  5. ranluwen Journeyman

You guys are funny. I never once said anything negative about a no box server. I just find it an odd argument to say that boxers don't contribute to bottom line. No need to get defensive.
    Motherlee likes this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'll agree that boxers on live servers = contribute to DBG.
    My my own experience as a 2 boxer, now 3 as a friend quit and I play that enchanter for buffs.
    I know I don't pay DBG any sub fee, since the 1st day. I'm sitting on so many krono at this point I could sub for the next 10 years without a payment.

That is my own personal experience, then again I sit in trade channel for fun trading so accumulating krono is rather easy.

TLP servers appear to be where boxers can accumulate tons of krono at the expense of the community as a whole.
  7. Numiko Augur

Daybreak should do a sting, buy all those accounts with Krono (dose not cost them anything to make them) and once they get the account info trace them back and see what IP they had been logging on with and ban all associated accounts on the same IP.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. ranluwen Journeyman

An
    And even though you only click krono, you're just as much of a customer as anyone. I disagree with the idea that people who use krono arent real customers.

I do agree that the atmosphere that has been created by dbg is one of greed. I think its crazy that people 18 to 36 box just so they can horde loot, but i also dont care about them because at this point it hasnt effected the way i play the game. Ive only had one bad experience in game so far. But i understand why dbg doesnt do anything to stop it. Its a business about bottom line, and the more kronos clicked, the more people have to go out and buy them. I would imagine that tlp servers are worth it to them simply to get a massive amount of kronos out of circulation that have been accumulating because of the free to play model.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Here is my best guess on how boxing kills the paying customers on the TLP server.

Let's just take a small number for example.
    100 players on a server, I'll be nice and say 10% of the population boxes on average just 2 extra guys.

So the real server population is 120 players. 100 real folks, 20 extra accounts that are boxed
    Now split the content between 120 folks in EQ.
    Average player receives 0.085% of the content roughly
    Average boxer receives 2.5% of the content roughly

Overall the server is split by possible content
    • 76.5% of the content to 90 players (real folks)
    • 23.5% of the content to 10 players (real folks)
    Long as that number is low people don't feel the need to quit as they can find content to consume and buy krono for the small amount of boxing folks.
    Once your raise the available content away from real folks they might last ditch effort buy krono but in the end they quit faster is my assumption.

Just look at lockjaw. If you took a poll I'd be willing to gamble that the amount of folks that box is near 25 to 40% of the server. Or if DBG would give that data away.

Once you have a ton of boxers on a server like this the available content becomes limited to your average solo player over time. Content is a big issue, maybe a TLP that launched with kunark would have been better but it's hard to make guesses based on almost no data.

That is my entire take on the subject of boxing. While I don't think it's evil, on the TLP server(s) currently it appears to do more harm than any good I can see.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. ranluwen Journeyman

I agree with most of this. More content and a pnp for more than just raid content would probably go a long ways to helping the stability of the server. They changed their minds about raid content, maybe eventually theyll implement a pnp for group content.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Imagine the effort to set this up. Might be too great for DBG.

1. Get an intern or admin assistant.
    2. Get them to google search sites for upwards of 1 hour.
    3. Send a private message on a "forum" to another member 5 minutes
    4. Wait for reply
    5. Meet person in game
    6. Make trade
    7. Ban person
    8. Find all the accounts based on IP, CC and billing address and ban those as well.
    You are talking upwards of 70 minutes of time. DBG just doesn't have the resources available at $15 bucks an hour to manage this.

Well all know DBG doesn't have more than a few hundred bucks in their company account to combat bots, RMT folks etc... so they just let it happen.
  12. Boosta New Member

My question since you wanna call out people , how do you call out someone that you odviously have an account to be logged in there ? to be checking there boards ?
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Wrong, you can just browse freely... try it. I believe you must be a member to use their software and talk to folks etc.

I do like trying to push the blame off from the possible RMT to the guy that brought it to attention........ A good tactic.
  14. ranluwen Journeyman

You guys know there are reasons you shouldn't post this stuff here right?
  15. Motherlee Augur

Did you understand what he said? I sure didn't.
  16. Nymm Journeyman

Wrong, the boxers are the problem. Botters are bad too, of course. Seeing timed content disappear to an 18-boxer is enough to make you want to quit. I myself was running 6 accounts just to keep up and even then could not compete with multiple 18-boxers farming end-game zones. Cancelled all 6 accounts and I'd be interested in a no-box server.