Please make this type 3

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EQbud, Jul 6, 2013.

1. EQbud Augur

Shimmering Illsalin Jewelcrafter Stone
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=45041
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE AUGMENTATION
    Augmentation type: 7 8
    Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
    Skill Mod: Dodge +10% (45 Max)
    Recommended level of 70. Required level of 65.
    WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL

This aug seems like it would be a perfect upgrade to Icy Prism of Avoidance which almost everyone uses in 1 of their type 3 slots. However, since it it type 7 and 8 only, very few would be willing to give up one of their stats augs for what would be just 2% more dodge.

Adding type 3 wouldn't make much difference, but it would be enough to make this aug useful, and also give people something to chase down from DoDh.
  2. Recnarp Augur

I don't think you understand how game breaking this would be. Do you want tanks with perma shawl procs?
  3. krozman Augur

Yes because an extra 2% dodge would give tanks permanent invulnerability? Be careful what you ask for, because if you get it, they have to tune the events harder next time around (meaning everyone has something else they have to farm). I'm for it, but again, be careful what you ask for.
  4. EQbud Augur

The aug has already been in game for almost 8 years. If it is so overpowering and game breaking then players would already be giving up one of their other augs to be using it. Do you anyone who has?

As a non stats aug, type 3 seems more appropriate for it.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

An item can't have more than 1 skill mod; it's the reason given previously why there is no 'Master' tradeskill trophy with all skills.
  6. EQbud Augur

I'm not looking for anything to have a new mod. I'm asking to be able to replace

Icy Prism of Avoidance
    LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE AUGMENTATION
    Augmentation type: 3
    Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
    Skill Mod: Dodge +8% (36 Max)
    Recommended level of 65.
    with

Shimmering Illsalin Jewelcrafter Stone
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE AUGMENTATION
    Augmentation type: 7 8
    Skill Mod: Dodge +10% (45 Max)
    Recommended level of 70. Required level of 65.
  7. Recnarp Augur

Was sarcasm. I apologize.
  8. Jonny Panic Augur

The reason they gave for letting our skills go so high was that most of them really have only a small impact on gameplay past a certain point, so letting the skills reach half again (or more) what they used to be able to reach didn't really affect the game much.

That being said, 9 extra points of Dodge skill probably won't change much (for the Savage Golgothan Dreadnought of Saryrn, it's the difference between 481 Dodge and 490 Dodge), so if you want bonus Dodge skill in a type 3 slot, the Prism will do you just fine. If you're desperate for more Dodge skill mostly for bragging rights, then give up a 7/8 slot for the Stone.

I suspect there's probably about half a million better things the devs could be doing with their time.