Please do something about Cazel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaizaki, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Atomos Augur

100% of multiquesting should be gone, that would at least make some difference.
  2. EFKAB New Member

Multi-questing has absolutely nothing to do with this post and wouldn't help solve this issue in any way. None of the enchanter epic can be multi-quested as all 4 pieces of the staff require the enchanter to combine the items in bags.

3. Atomos Augur

I think it was brought up by someone because it is one of the several epic related issues.
  4. RABKkehhalla Elder

Enchanter Epic is still a waste of time. Why bother?
  5. Sektor New Member

Be smart, i got Vessel, Verina, Tangrin and Cazel on the same day, with my 60 War, 60 Cle and 60 Enc. As always on EQ all you need to do is play smart, check their timers, the last kill on each one and be ready to kill them. They all have their spawn timers set except for Cazel, for him just camp the spot and keep the charmed pet human with you ready to race if you need. In all my kills there were people that tried to steal it, they could not. GG for them.

Is not an easy epic, but thats whats make it fun imo. How challenging it is to win those kills.
  6. Nyvlag Elder

But what about the Kronolords?

Won't you all please think of the Kronolords?

If you take away this low effort high value item, what will they exploit to pay rent next?
  7. EFKAB New Member

'same day, with my 60 War, 60 Cle and 60 Enc'

yeah...people like you are the problem. You have made it so the only way to do a quest in this game that involves a spawn is to have multiple accounts. It's thinking like yours that has plagued this game for years.

The quest is "epic", the fights themselves should be difficult and there should be many steps. The hard part of a quest shouldn't be to see how long you can sit at your desk till your sock fills up. You shouldn't have to see how much hate you can create within the community by trying to steal a kill from someone.

The depressing thing is that your attitude is pervasive. It exists within the community, and it certainly exists within daybreak or darkpaw or whatever they are calling themselves today. They clearly don't want the problem fixed and I can understand why.

Also, for those who have said that they can just run by, see him up and have time to let their guildmates/friends know so they can get the kill. Right now I count 12 people (not including myself) sitting at his spawn point. There's been at least 10 people there at any moment for the past 2 days. He spawns once, maybe twice/day.
    Stymie and Demetri like this.
  8. EFKAB New Member

Don't worry Nyvlag, Daybreak are thinking of the Kronolords. That's why this problem exists.
    Stymie and Demetri like this.
  9. bardybard Augur

Look at this guy get upset at the poor little 3 boxer.
    New flash, epic or not you were gonna quit in a month anyway. Whinners like you never stick around past the initial rush.
  10. Demetri Augur

Why did Accendo edit this obvious troll's post?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If people just refuse to pay for the items they won't bother to farm them. Need to remember that they farm the items because people are willing to pay the price. They are not going to keep farming a lore item if it is not making them money.
  12. Demetri Augur

Says the person that has shown ignorance of quest mechanics that exist in OoW+....

Plenty of "whiners" are the long-haulers - out of the entire population of Phinny as it came to a close that I knew, only 2-3 didn't speak negatively of the times when there was nonsense like this. Weird that for "never sticking around" they were the grand majority of those still playing at the end.

Reality is that the folks that live off drama - like yourself - are most of the ones that hit the eject button in GoD/OoW.
  13. Demetri Augur

Partially true - you can force value onto something by making unavailable without dealing with you - remember lore (especially on droppables) can be evaded, thanks to shared bank, dragon's hoard, and of course, multiple accounts/characters.

10 krono or whatever for it might seem bad when today for someone but after a week of being unable because the kronolord with complete control of the spawn hasn't slipped up once (unlikely I know, but still) sacrificing a few hours of $$ from your job to pay for it starts to look more appealing.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Multiple accounts? You can't have friends come along to help each other on these quests?

As for what is epic the people who designed these quests 21 years ago thought differently and the entire idea of what made something difficult was different back then. We shouldn't expect old quests to be updated to match current expectations of what difficult is especially when people what to relive the experience.

I think the real issue here is that there have been a lot of changes to other bottlenecks in the quest and areas that haven't been an issue in the past are now becoming one.
  15. Demetri Augur

Coordinating multiple friends isn't the same as coordinating boxes, especially on absurdly long camps - you know when the boxes are AFK or distracted. And I say this as a boxer than prefers to swap out his boxes for humans whenever possible.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said it was the same and sure people can get distracted but that does include yourself as well. It really sounds like your real problem is the differences in how the game was designed back in 1999 and now. When waiting and competing for spawns as well as the travel time to get places was considered part of the difficulty. I would wager that if EQ was started from scratch today a lot of their choices would be different.
  17. Demetri Augur

Perhaps for some - for me it's the inconsistency with the tweaks - if you tweak 2/3 of the quest to make it easier because of complaints which exacerbates another point that becomes bad, it was a waste of time to do the other tweaks.

If they didn't do passes making the epics more reasonable, I'd likely have ignored this with a similar "LOL, that's Classic!" type response. But when they went through and trivialized ALL the drops for the epic besides one versus previous. (i.e. Classic Verina was about a week - it's now 2-3 times a DAY; Classic Wraith a few times a day at most, now probably 10 drops per planar raid)

Like for me, with my wife - I told her to not bother with the ENC epic because Wraith would suck and be a pain point still, because I didn't anticipate how it would drop with the RNG rules. (I didn't expect it to apply to trash, including Wraith drop) Then after I was proven wrong on that I told her to not bother because the city spawns would be overcamped and rife with drama - but then I got proven wrong again, we popped in when the timer was due 2 and 3 times respectively and we got one without a single other person bothering us.

But Cazel? Nothing but drama and weird backbiting that's made me say good riddance to it - that finally convinced her to not bother. During our "drama" incident that broke the camel's back - I arrived there early on my box with no one else there as one had recently spawned, shortly after I arrived someone (who a friend who told me about the previous kill HAD noted was there earlier) logged back in stationary, that person NEVER said a word to my mage sitting on the spawn point... about a half hour later we finish the TS stuff we were doing on our mains and we bring them over as well, at which point my wife tries to open dialogue with the person that seemed to have gone LD camping it - but ZERO response. She sees a Ranger guildmate of his in zone and starts dialogue with him and then that guy starts WW3 over what we were planning as a 3 hr window of crossing fingers for an early spawn (with his reasoning being "oh you're DPS racing rather than being civil because you brought 6 chars - when it was all my wife and I + a friend who was farming bandits for faction) because I had work. And eventually after the WW3 incident, upon speaking to the person they were camping it for - even after all of that, HE had to work take him away from the spawn before it popped too. (Fortunately the ENCs were all being civil - he's a good dude - I really do hope his luck turns since he is still trying)
  18. Atomos Augur

I counted 19 people in the screenshot I took today at Cazel spawn. I... don't think I've ever seen Cazel camped, ever.
  19. EFKAB New Member

It's been like that. The last 3 days is the worst I've seen it but there's always at least 4-5 there.
  20. Magician9001 Augur

LOL why is there a 5 page thread about some easily solable sandgiant that spawns in Oasis. Are TLP players really that bad that they have trouble killing this mob.