Please do something about Cazel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaizaki, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Nyvlag Elder

"This thread appears to have run it's course" incoming. BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELTS. :eek:
  2. Demetri Augur

I've done over 30 epic 1.0s since 1999 - three of which were cleric epics before they changed it from the original Naggy's Lair version. I'm quite familiar with how hard they can be (and similarly how easy they can be). I was often the first epic holder on many of my servers in my hardcore days - 1st Cleric on those three pre-TLP in the early days. 1st Cleric on Phinigel. 1st SK on Vazaelle. 1st Zerker on Vazaelle. Ad nauseum.

And on your questions for adjusting the Necro epic - Yes to all 3, at least effectively - Cazic here drops up to 8x normal loot and he shares his table with the dragons, Yael and Innoruuk - so every single one has up to 24 chances to drop a Slime Blood - my guild which started raiding rather late (and only doing AoCs) compared to the rest of the server has gotten THREE Slime Bloods more than our total Necros currently.

Manisi Herb drops from group named that can drop up to 6x the normal number of drops and can RNG to ANYTHING in the level spread - I've seen SEVEN Manisi Herbs drop in my own groups during my time camping XP from 58-60, after the first TWO, I couldn't get a single response in General or zone OOC for a person that needed/wanted it for the last 5.

And Black Silk Cloak? We've cleared Peggy island only twice and gotten three thusfar.

And before you try to "Inny's Eye?" too - we've gotten probably 20 of those, we're little just randoming them out on advanced loot now, there's been so many it's not worth the hassle to track them anymore.

And regardless the game has moved on from such concepts a long time ago. A VERY long time ago - LDoN and GoD were the end of that mindset. Those expansions came out in 2004 - what you're claiming as "truth" has been left as an anachronism for 17 years.
  3. Namde Augur

How about mages having to farm Quilmane to get the damn cloak? Brutal.
  4. Cainen Augur

I assume this is sarcasm? Since Quilmanes cycle is known getting a cloak on non random servers is rather easy, and generally takes an hour or 2. On mischief they drop all over 35ish named mobs, so its even easier. I would say that Cazel is similar to the COM torch guy fo rmages, but he's MUCH less contested, a static 2 hour spawn, and there are generally more picks on COM open. Not a guaranteed drop though, so meh.

I am all for lowering Cazels spawn time to something like 3-4 instead of 20(ish) it seams to be.
    Demetri likes this.
  5. Demetri Augur

Quill cloak is randomized - I've got 3 across my chars (although I need to hold onto one for my mage box for the eventuality) if you'd care to buy one at a fair market value.