Please break down this Overseer thing...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sagarmatha, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Sagarmatha Augur

What it is, how it works, and should I bother with it?
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

Pick a quest -> pick an agent for the number one slot that can do the quest (job based the extra slots if you have an agent that can match the job / abilities / race etc can make it more likely to succeeded but not required) -> 6-48 hours later it finishes and you get your reward.

Rewards can be tradeskill item, your choice of pretty much any single collection item, merc exp, normal exp, or alt currency to be used to buy stuff from guy in pok.

Critical Success also gives you an additional agent.

Every 48 hours you can run a recruitment quest that gets your more agents.

Conversion quest complete instantly but kills off 3 agents for 1 higher level agent (can fail and you lose all too)

There is a small chance that one of your agents will get basically an additional negative effect that stops you from being able to use them in a quest for a longer time like they are captured for 8 hours etc.

Longer the quest takes to complete generally you get a better reward for it double tradeskill items etc and more exp.

Exp for leveling your agents is based on the type of quest complete and not sure what it does yet.
    eepok likes this.
  3. Thraine Augur

it just a crappy phone game for EQ, might come in handy on some of these drawn out raids tho lol

gems was starting to get old
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

My mage got 2.5% real XP at 114 after 1 night of overseer missions. This gives a lot of people who have lower play times or play off hours the chance to catch up. For me, it lets me work on the AA I need badly on my new mage while still having some XP income.

You can also get collectables and ornaments, merc AA XP and expansion based item drops.

The currency is tradable. You can buy items like unattuners, although they cost a lot.

As for how it works... here are some tips I have so far for you after completing the tutorial.

When you pick a mission, only the "!" slots are required. The "?" slots are not. Only use extra heroes on these slots if they raise your chance of success. (Thank SoulBanshee)

Quest hero slots have categories, so like a dwarf may give a bonus to the chance of success. While the chance might be 80%, and 85% with a second hero, a hero that matches the bonus might increase the chance to 90%. So be sure to check those success percentages when selecting your heroes for the missions.

You can have a maximum amount of quests PER ACCOUNT at a time. Switching to alts will not increase your access. I am not yet sure if you have to start the quest on the character you want the reward on or if you can complete the quest on any character. I suspect since you can see the quest on any character that you can start it on any of them and complete it on the one you want to get the XP reward.

Free accounts also can access the overseer, but it looks like 3 instead of 5 missions can be done.

You must be L85 to partake in the overseer.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

Yea I will give a shout out to Soulbanshee as I never noticed that the ? ones were not required til he mentioned it and it was a good thing not wasting agents in the ? blocks.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur