Plane of War Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwnography, May 9, 2014.

1. Drakang Augur

Full raid with full gear and still massively harder than original was due to the size of the room. Mobs can warp (yes its part of their abilities) so far that you cant see them or find them to pull them back.
    Axxius likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Yes, the size and geometry of the area is problematic. Mobs trying to path in or out of the TZ/VZ rooms (such as VZ splits) simply run into walls and warp. Would be nice if that was fixed. But I doubt they can shrink it or add better pathing at this time. It'll just end up nerfed so that these problems will no longer matter that much.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Im the type of guy that must have every hard / rare thing in game no matter if usefull or less usefull but that bag is just not going to make me work that much to get it. I would set up a alarm clock every time they would be back up but nan... just dont worth my time for a 30 bag slots
    Koneko likes this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Word of a wiseman: Do not raid for better gear but for personal satisfaction!
    Ravengloome and Elricvonclief like this.
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

I agree Orbital, I raid for the sense of achievement with friends, and the thrill of seeing rangers tip over.

Gear while nice, is just pixels on the screen that will be updated. (Don't get me wrong, I still would like a reward, but I'd be surprised if most listed it as their only reason)
  6. Ayoheee Augur

I can't imagine people will be nearly as satisfied after beating this as they were when they beat the original one.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's not a good analogy for a multitude of reasons, and no precedent was set. The Tunat that RoI killed at 65 on the progression server was not the same Tunat that existed during GoD, nor were the circumstances around the kill the same.

Anyone who said they couldn't kill it at 65 on the progression server was very likely ignorant of these facts, and was thinking of Tunat as he existed during GoD, which was not beatable.

Of course, there is no way to ever test this because there is no snapshot of EQ as it existed during GoD for anyone to test.
    guado likes this.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

Sir how dare you poke holes in my analogy with logic.

Although I would like to know what the difference of GOD Tunat and the Progression server Tunat is if by chance you know?

I thought most of the nerfbatting in that zone was finished before OOW release.
  9. Edrick Augur

I wish there was a golden archive that could answer questions like these because I'd love to know answers to questions like these too. EQ is too damn old sometimes.

I think one problem is that the real Tunat wouldn't spawn when the fake Tunat died. And the fake Tunat was maybe killed once or twice before Omens came out?
  10. Makavien Augur

I don't think he was killed till omens came out on the live servers.

1 Cestus Dei Aetherius Luclin 2005-01-15 @ 23:59:59
    omens release date September 14, 2004
  11. Makavien Augur

So whats the lowest % any guild has seen so far ?
  12. Pwnography Augur

I can't discuss specific strategies via guild policy, but I can give some generalizations here. The learning curve on this event is fairly steep. We've finally progress in trivializing the bosses so they really aren't a concern (after 12+ hours of learning all we can about it) - the entire difficulty of the event rests in the adds. Tonight was the first time that managed to get the adds under control and move on to further waves with some tweaks. Unless there is a rise in difficulty as the event progresses (progressively more adds, or faster intervals of spawns at lower percentages), it seems to be an endurance fight at this point.

In that, I mean continuing what we're doing and ensuring everyone is on point through the entire event. The event is... long. We're talking a full run would be expected to take an hour or more from what I see from start to finish -- that's a ton of time for no one to make a mistake.

The real question is whether or not adds begin spawning faster, or in higher numbers, as the bosses reach lower percentages. If they don't, it's beatable. If they do, I'd have to re-evaluate my stance there. I don't believe anyone has seen sub-50% yet aside from MS with GM assistance, so they would be the only ones who could shed light on that.
  13. Enkel Augur

RoI has several times, and boy you're in for a treat when you last a little longer. Some very fun things start happening ;)
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Sending mass amounts of swarm pets on the bosses faster than they can kill them?
    Loratex likes this.
  15. Iila Augur

I eagerly await your next update.

Just remember the forum's language policy before you post it.
    Enkel likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your a tease!

Sounds like things get interesting, can't wait to get further along with this one.

Do we know who created this raid?
  17. Iila Augur

The only dev who's posted in this thread :p
    (Ellyra)
    Loratex likes this.
  18. Pwnography Augur

Its not that we horde super-secret strategies or anything. For almost all events, there isn't anything we do that can't be found on allahs or freelance by any means. Descendents has an interesting policy that absolutely no event information can come from the outside. I'm talking about information on Allahs can't even be used, let alone Dev write-ups that are publicly releasable for events. While most other guilds probably have the Dev write-up for ToRot already in their forums, we go in completely blind and 'figure out the puzzle' so to speak. Log files and observation are what we have to go on. So, the ban on information sharing extends both ways to cut down on chatter that may influence event knowledge or slip.

A lot of the members have fun doing this, and it doesn't require a massive time-sink. T1b only lasted a few raids going in blind before all the events were down. Given I'm active in the test and beta realm of things, I simply have to sit back with some popcorn and watch pretty much. It'll be fun to listen to Vent during the five different phases of Tower of Rot. I respect it. /shrug
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's called a fail mechanic, which for some reason doesn't actually cause the event to reset like it (probably) should.
  20. Falos Augur

I strongly strongly suspect that this raid will probably be impossible if/when the endurance nerfs go live. I am not a raider but I do not want to make the claim that the raid would be impossible cause I've raided in the past and I know how the stars can align when a guild is very very persistent. However if the raid is as hard as it is now, once melee classes have a harder time getting endurance back after death this raid will be significantly harder, especially with so many people dying in the event. If nerf goes life, event is gonna need nerfs and retunes sooner rather than later.

A brief side note though, you guys quite probably already have someone that has the info and no outside info will be needed ;p