Plane of War Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwnography, May 9, 2014.

1. Bengalee New Member

It does reset after enough time. It just does something else shortly before that.
  2. Stabbies Journeyman

I know what you mean. It would have probably been worth my time if it was a 50 bag slot or even a 40 bag slot, but not for a 30. Pfft, I can get a 32 bag slot at the marketplace.
    Chartrusejello likes this.
  3. Zahrym Augur

Just silly, I've seen it streamed a few times (privately) and been in the raid for a while attempting it. Even if you flawlessly executed the mechanics with adds it just doesn't really seem manageable without like 8-10 tanks, 8-10 healers unless your DPS is 24 wizards.
  4. Vlerg Augur

my guild never believe me when I tell them we have to recruit more wizard!
  5. Zahrym Augur

24 wizards then 6 bards + 6 enc / 4 war 2 pal 2 sk / 6 cleric 4 druid would actually probably win this raid.
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

the best dev!
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No that is Dzarn :p
    Esero and Iila like this.
  8. Esero Elder

/feedback...

Successful completion of Brothers Zek raid should grant a substantial amount of faction towards Castle Tamrel & Rulnavis .. or perhaps drop 6-12 faction bits for each (higher integer than the normal zone insignias).. Not that beating a raid should require such incentive, but now that the raid is a permanent part of a permanent zone, it would be a nice secondary reward.
  9. Drakang Augur

2 weeks in with no win. Think that is a first for raids in EQ other than if they were locked behind flagging. But pretty sure there has not been a raid that could not be beaten by some guild in 2 weeks. But yeah its doesn't need tuning. I mean who cares if you went to all the work of building a raid that 95% of the people playing will ignore.
  10. jeskola pheerie

Trakanon
  11. Enkel Augur

Not sure how much work all guilds have put into this, but people have been taking a break/ getting ready for Tower of Rot. It's a hard raid, that is fine. Also, GoD had some hard raids, and OMM took awhile to beat. This isn't he first "OMG this is hard!" event in EQ history, just the hardest in recent history.
  12. Makavien Augur

Them raids were not released to celebrate eq's 15th anniversary or any anniversary. And there is one guild that had any chance of beating this the way it was released and that's not going to happen and they have put in enough man hours to do so if it was.
  13. Enkel Augur

The raid is permanent now, it's fine. They want it hard, it's hard. If you're talking about RoI being the only guild with a chance I know how they have been doing, since I am a member. The event is very hard/ brutal, but I do believe it's beatable.
  14. Slasher Augur

dumbest raid in awhile. You can tell the person who made this does not play EQ if they did it would be easy to know this raid is not fun. SOE still struggles to find a way to make raids challenging but fun so instead they just make them annoying and overtuned.
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  15. Makavien Augur

After we gear up in tier 2 sure it might be beatable we'll have to see but I don't think the no spells /no aa's /and the small weapon ratio increases are going to change much.
  16. Enkel Augur

Those alone probably won't, but I do believe it's beatable now. It's painfully brutal, and the vast majority, if any, of guilds will not beat it in its current form. As an anniversary raid I do think it should have been more accessible, but because it's permanent I am looking forward to the continued challenge.
  17. Siddar Augur

I cant decide if they took Zek brothers raid from SoD and scaled it to level 100 and then tripled the melee and spell damage of mobs or if they just went lol lets add a zero and say were done.
  18. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

beast in CC
  19. Ravengloome Augur

ROI beat Grunkuck 6 days after the official release of UF.
  20. Atvar Augur

Grunkuck and for that matter most UF raids were soo broken that it's hard to say it took xxx days to beat anything. For example the original Fungal Forest is basically what Plane of War raid currently is. It basically doesn't matter how well you do, you hit a hard time limit and the raid fails.