Picking should reset to you zone in/safe spot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roxby, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accipiter Old Timer

That wasn't at docks camp in The Hole, was it? ;)
  2. snailish Augur

I'm not sure our points disagree?

The dev statement at some point was they didn't want to set /pick to spawn you at a predetermined safe point as that would trivialize travel and/or act as a succor. I don't personally, necessarily agree with this thinking... but rolling with it the obvious example of Siren's Grotto (where the current succor point would not work as the /pick default as it would allow bypassing of the zone) so the /pick default would need to be somewhere else, which logically is the zone in opposite the succor. Most other zones with 2-way (or more) access it could be a handy thing, but it wouldn't be bypassing difficulty so obviously (i.e., the various Karanas).

With any of the one-way dungeons the set point (if they were to implement such a change to pick, which again, I am not necessarily in favor of) you would have to make the the starting point zone in. Yes this let's you /pick succor (if out of combat long enough) to the start of the zone, but with Origin in game it isn't really "breaking" anything if it were to be done.

Then you have to think of trainfest zones like CoM and Karnor's, where /pick dropping you at the beginning might not be that helpful at all.

Overall, my thinking is that the current system is still better as-is than making such a change. Having said that, the idea that using /pick would have an escalating reuse timer (that fades off after an hour) might help with the spawn hogging by instance hopping may be worth looking at.
  3. nostalgicfool Augur

Yeap being port to zone would be quite annoying, your group is there and too many people around, so you just pick being back to zl would suck for most of us.

There is several minute reuse for pick so abusing is not that easy.
    Rhodz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.