Picking should reset to you zone in/safe spot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roxby, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom Ghost Augur

And I have no responsibility or obligation to ask once, yet alone twice, its a courtesy to the group, they decide what happens next... my time won't be wasted because they cannot check their chat.

If I don't respond, I'd expect the same thing, if they like wasting their time thsts their choice. My choice is waste everybodies time fighting for the camp. Doesn't mean I'll win... but I guess they will attempt to respond to the courtesy camp check calls if they don't want a contested camp.
  2. Dysfunction New Member

I'm in awe of how important you are! I can't believe you have so much time to play a video game given your incredible importance. I hope other people trying to enjoy their game don't infringe on your time and distract your from the significant things you will accomplish in life.
  3. yerm Augur

If my group leader led me to a location where it was then obvious another group was already in full swing camping it, no amount of "but they didn't answer my camp check oocs!" would convince me to play dps race against them.

I am an aggressive jerk. If I wouldn't even do what you're suggesting, you can probably count on the much kinder than I masses being quite unwilling to follow you on this angsty little rage plan of yours.

Anyway, my pick sploit solution is to put a loot lockout for killing mobs outside the main pick, for other non main picks. Do whatever you like in the main zone and even use it to travel, but once you kill in a pick that's now your only pick for an hour or whatever length seems good.
  4. code-zero Augur

I'm pretty sure that the official answer, should they bother to give one, is that DPS wins. Since Daybreak nor for that matter SOE before them even officially recognize any such thing as a camp then what you are asking for makes no sense at all. The purpose of /pick is that once a zone became so crowded that it effected performance then a new pick opens to bleed off the excess. IIRC currently if there aren't enough people in a pick then it will shut down and boot you back to the main instance. I know that I've read complaints on these forums by people who were keeping an area cleared only to find themselves zoning in to a zone where dangerous things were up and they were dead on entry back into the world.
  5. Phantom Ghost Augur

Your time should be one of the most valuable things to you. I cannot help if you don't feel your time is important, but mine is.

My lack of time to play is the issue. The person/group chose to ignore my calls for camp check, for whatever reason, I did everything I feel reasonably possible.

They did not answer because:
    1. They are AFK--- too bad
    2. They are dead--- too bad
    3. They are in a bad situation... cannot handle the camp--- too bad.
    4. They don't feel they should answer--- I don't feel I should of wasted my time, potions, money, etc. because they chose not to answer.

I cannot think of any real world situation this would not apply. If I am in a store, see someone staring at the last item on the shelf, I happen to want that item myself... I ask them if they are getting the item, they ignore me. At this point, unless I see they did not hear me I am taking it... but I ask again and they just ignore me. I am taking the item. Just because they come up to me when I am at the checkout telling my I took their item, doesn't mean I will let them have it. I gave them the chance to stake their claim, they didn't. Make a scene, I do not care.
  6. Phantom Ghost Augur

I could never force anyone to stay with me. I guess that decision will be made based on the value each group member gave up to get there. (Port, pots, time, money, another group etc.) But, unfortunately I will not be leaving. Whether that means I take 1 mob or 20 from them every spawn cycle, I do not care.

I actually would guess you are in the minority, so you are not as cruel as aggressive as you think you are.

I am not a though, so I will stay and fight.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Yep. My example on Agnarr would have been undead in The Hole. Same issue.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Look not out to rail on you at all,it is aggravating to do a cc and find a group there. Yet while it is so starting drama over the matter is useless and you end up playing the jerk role. Rationalize it if you like your call.

On a related matter;
    Now imagine you pick over to check the other instances and each /pick puts you back to zone line...
    now that would be aggravating.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think if that were the case people would just do a CC like the old days, if it's clear you head down. I mean, we literally did it that was for years with 1 zone and no picks.

I don't like to say we're being spoiled rotten now, but a lot of stuff people consider intolerable were the ways we grew up with...
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You can't compare the 2, 1st off 99% of folks in '99 didn't know the spawn points, maps etc.
    Now everyone does

Add in 10x the population on the server vs. a regular server in '99 and you need the /pick model or else you'll never see a camp.
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Private picks fixes all of this and about a dozen other problems.

Doubt we'll ever see it because krono, shocker, but it's the truth.
  12. Rhodz Augur

Question of sever stability more than anything else.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

That could be fixed if they wanted to. But why bother when people see willing to pay you anyway?
  14. snailish Augur

Oh I dunno, a marketplace item that allowed you to spawn a private pick of a zone for five hours would probably sell pretty good.

Devs have said they don't want swapping picks to act as a succor to trivialize traveling across a zone. To me this just means setting the pick-spawn-point opposite to the succor point (i.e., in Siren's Grotto you'd be on the wrong side of the zone and still have to travel through it). However, this would change the convenient aspect of moving your group in a good camp into a less-full instance... so it comes down to what = more fun for more people?
  15. Rhodz Augur

Without knowing the cause of the instability I cannot begin to say with any certainty the problem is not wedged into that old arsed code that no one wants to touch so saying easily fixed is a massive wild guess. Heck they could make it worse, so much worse.
  16. Thorondor Augur

They made old man McKenzie missions work in spawning private instances of lguk live side, lguk dead side, SoL b, permafrost vox raid, and nagafen solb; let's not act like private instancing of zones is some sort of new coding technology the unearthed in an ancient aliens time capsule after the launch of ragefire. They already had the code in place to privately instance the entire game 13 or 14 years ago: when expansions entirely built on Instancing technology were introduced to the game (LDON and literally every expansion since has both group and raid level instancing)
  17. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Yeah I remember that being said and I took it for the cop-out that it is. Travel in modern EQ is an issue? Every class, including non-casters, can manalessly gate home with time as the only limitation for Pete's sake. No corpse runs, etc. Out of era evac makes the exact thing being discussed here possible if you have one of the two classes that cast of with you. It's ridiculous.

Guaranteed it, in some way, comes down to krono sales. Or they are just too lazy to deal with it so they make up an excuse not to. They don't seem particularly interested in doing much of anything of late besides processing credit card payments. And from the sounds of it they aren't particularly good at that.

Same goes for performance with more instances. You're getting paid in record numbers for the third time in two years for providing content that's been in the can for nearly two decades. It's the dream scenario for any entertainment content provider. Spare the excuses and fix it.
  18. Zinth Augur

discussed to death already, stop whining, play the game or ...
  19. AsYouWish New Member

Group wipes lead to losing your camp very often because of the way /pick works. On several occasions my group has wiped and, after regrouping and making our way back to the camp, find a group that just /picked over. Only once did they respect our group and give the camp back.

I agree it should port you back to succor point. I'll take some travel exploit over camp exploits any day.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Sorry, but that's an unworkable idea. So if you pick in, say, Dragon Necropolis where do you go? How about Seb? Maybe to Trak's lair? And once there, how do you get back to the zone in? Do you have to gate/origin and run back or fight your way? No thanks. Add to that, there are actually some zones where the opposite of the evac point would be exactly where you want to go. Nope, won't work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.