Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If you think they can't detect someone running VM's from a single machine then go ahead and set it up.
    Enjoy the short run doing it.
    rune00 likes this.
  2. Sneakle New Member

Robbish! And that reply is only a troll nothing more. I had epic on my mage back in the days, had key to VP, VT etc, was flagged in pop and I played several accounts then besides my own to help raid. And you don't read very well. I just wrote I killed alot and if not all could manage in that area.

For instances, no, you can spawn maybe 2 now in FV, 3 if you are lucky. TL got AJ alot more than they should due to Kunark openeup on Ragefire which greated tons of FV instances and most just because tehy had to get spells and move on, admit it or go away.

I've helped before on AJ and know some of his PH's at least. I'.m and 100% sure still, AJ spawn rate has gone down. And even if it hadn't the spawn rate of that important mob to raid VP is way out of balance for the rest of the server when instances arent more than 1 anymore. If you argu against it, it's just because you are in TL and want to be the first/or only guild raiding the end game.
  3. Sneakle New Member

They didn't have that many to spawn 8-12+ instances. Cant remember how many there were when Kunark opened, but it was quite a bunch. You wont get more than 2 or 3 instances now if you get your guild to FV, not near enough.

Due to that, I think spawns like this are way too low, it's unblanced for the rest of the server. Mabe I have just been unlucky, but it still shows the issue I'm speaking of.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Eh, with instancing the benefit of blockading others drops though. I could easily see extra guilds helping spawn extra instances to let both knock it out quicker.
  5. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Dude, there were 2-3 instances up for the first 2 weeks. Have you really managed to concoct this fantasy in your head where they were 10 FVs churning out AJs for another guild because you and your guild were too idiotic to actually do a bit of planning?
  6. James Augur

and how does DBG's plan to stop the boxers from doing VM's on this new server? They are NOT stopping boxers from boxing and there will be a lot of folks that go to this new server that are gonna be dissappointed.
  7. Vaclav Augur

There was a test on Test to see if people could get around the VM protection (I was away during the test) - and reports are that it was very good at detecting any VMs people tried.
  8. Zansobar Augur

I don't box, but I'm sure those that do will figure out a way to make it work.
  9. Nolrog Augur

The programming team is working on it. And I'm sure they will get right on telling you exactly what they implement to help people get around it. I trust JChan and her team to come up with something that works.
  10. Vaclav Augur

If anyone can, JChan can - that's for darn sure. Half of her programming tricks sound like she learned them at Hogwart's or something, more spell than programming.

"There's no way that can be done, sorry" --- two days later "JChan did it over a day and a half, np"
  11. James Augur

Don't get me wrong I plan to 2 box a Cleric/Mage on two sep PC's but no, I don't plan to cheat on a single PC in any way, but you can bet theres going to be large box teams running around bypassing DBG's security and to say that there won't be is just kidding yourself.

people going to this new server thinking everything will be sparkles and glitter are in for a rude awakening imho
  12. Vaclav Augur

Eh, I'm certainly dubious - anything that can be made, can be broken in theory after all.

But the "True Box" code test on Test if anything was being TOO aggressive about detecting people from everything I've heard.
  13. Weverley Augur

Do you think nobody til now had try to use VM to play EQ.Go to forums archives and you gonna see all those threads complaining about getting banned for doing it.So if it didn't work like a year ago why do you think it's gonna work now.
  14. James Augur

Like I said, it's coming. Things have progressed in the last year .... we will see. I hope it stops em from doing it, but I highly doubt it.
  15. Kahna Augur

It also kills the market for krono. Most (smart) people buy Krono as an investment, a way to keep their plat relevant. This only works because Krono can be resold. It is better to invest in a krono that will appreciate than to keep your money liquid. If you take away Krono's multi-tradablility, you take most of the reason to purchase it, or at least the reason to purchase more than a handful of them. It will be harder to find buyers and the price will drop. Eventually the price will drop to less than what the average customer thinks they should be getting for their $17.99 and they will just go buy their plat from the plat sellers who will give them a better deal. DBG's isn't going to devalue their biggest money making product on these TLP servers. They are never going to change the Kronos. Just let it go.
  16. Demoncrusher Lorekeeper

Roshen,

Can you please elaborate on how the 90 day automatic unlocks will work with PoP/LoY/LDoN?

I did not play those expansions on previous TLPs, but I hear that they were minimized/rolled into PoP's times, or something like that?

90 days is fine for Classic through Velious, but many of the players that I know (myself included) are interested in the PoP through OoW spread. How will you handle the unlock time for the PoP through LDON content, will that be 90/90/90 or something less? Here's the calendar by the way:

Classic - 12/09/2015
    Kunark - 03/08/2016
    Velious - 06/06/2016
    Luclin - 09/04/2016
    PoP - 12/03/2016

I'm willing to go along for the ride for a year until PoP releases in December 2016, but that's a long time to wait to get 3 months in PoP before moving on to GoD if that is what you are planning to do.

Demoncrusher
    Retired Shadowknight, Quellious
    Your_Ad_Here and MBear like this.
  17. James Augur

Krono will be worthless for a very short time, once the neckbeards delve into the 45+ stuff (which will be the first few days) Krono will be the easiest way to do business.
  18. Grandma Elder

See you there kids! /hugs from grandma
  19. Friday Augur

Without disabling the krono, this is just going to be another RMT/pay to win fiasco. I wish DB would consider setting up ONE server for a straight up game.

Kronos are most damaging to a new server. Farmers come in and lock down all the content to sell the gear that has the most demand for krono. Many of them aren't even planning on staying, they are just there for the cheap krono. They level faster than most via poopsock, then lock down content, camping it for days, or even weeks. Many don't even plan on staying on the server. Krono farmers take all, block folks playing for entertainment from content, and then leave, off to the newest tlp or their own servers. They literally take all they can, and give the community NOTHING. Total parasites.

The other way krono damages a new server is by giving those importing krono hoards a HUGE advantage in tradeskills. They bring in their kronos, trade for plat, which is scarce at the beginning, and channel it into tradeskills. Recipes become obsolete faster than normal, tradeskilled goods sell for deflated prices faster than usual, and the straight up player literally has zero chance to make any plat via trade skills. Krono breaks tradeskills and the economy on every new server, every time.

It would be great if, some day, DB gave the people just ONE server without the game-breaking krono, which has totally destroyed the integrity of the game.
  20. Kridina Elder

I love grandma's!

Well, I gotta. My mother plays and she is grandma to my kids. She might hurt me if I was mean :p
    Grandma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.