Pets taking way more damage since patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lancelove, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

While some of that pet nerfing was kinda due/needed during the big round of adjustments, imo, the saddest/dumbest part of those changes was the complete obliteration of raid EM focus being a meaningful thing.

Now EM is what....5% hp? A few hundred ac? I prefered the days when having a strong EM focus meant a noticeably stronger pet that conned higher and took names while shouting "Come at me Bruh" and "I thought this was America!".
    Vdidar, Goranothos, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  2. Leex Pewpewer

Not even once.

I heard from a little birdy that during progression your guild was though! :p
  3. Cicelee Augur

Heh. You said the only thing you care about shielding is that you have to heal your pet more on raids. Shielding basically affects tanking. The entire discussion of this thread has been the affect the shielding change has on tanking. Hence you served us a fastball right down the middle of the plate. You set yourself up for the joke.

I do wonder what guild you think I am in, and what event was pet tanked. My memory seems foggy from all the mod rods that I have summoned the past fourteen years...
  4. Iila Augur

I heard Triton has been pet tanking everything for the past 4 years.
    Piemastaj and Sancus like this.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

I've heard that too.
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Careful, or you might call the attention of He-Who-Shall-Not-Dual-Wield and no one wants this!
    Triconix, Sancus and Iila like this.
  7. Leex Pewpewer

Ahh, well I see why you stick with just rods.

When a tank dies, generally you have pet deaths, shielding helps mitigate some of the damage your pet would have otherwise absorbed and gives you a greater chance to heal it, with the reduction of shielding that's where it will hurt the greatest, imo.

Can you understand why 9% shielding on raids might be important now Cicelee? I hope so, after breaking it down Barney style for you.

:rolleyes:
  8. Sancus Augur

I wouldn't be completely surprised if pets had 40% spell/DoT shielding before, since there's 35% on the EM cloak and 5% on the belt they come summoned with. That's pure speculation - I have no numbers to back it up - but that would be an annoyance on raids if it were true.

Most of my pet deaths are from me dying, and the rest are from AEs/DoTs in raids. I can't think of a time where my pet ended up taking melee hits from a boss, even with tank deaths. That said we likely have less tanking related issues than other guilds, so my experiences aren't necessarily the norm.
    Cicelee likes this.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

When Battleaxe is one of your possible MTs... Pets are in the TO.
    Sancus, Iila and Piemastaj like this.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Actually the guild I am in has outstanding tanks and healers to where we don't get to the point of having to worry about how much shielding pets have. Sorry to hear you guys have to worry about that.

Still curious what guild you think I am in, and what event was pet tanked. Cause I am thinking (a) you actually don't know what guild I am in or who I am, and (b) you made up the pet tank progression thing to try and save face on these boards from your comments in the first place about "I care about shielding only cause I have to heal my pets more on raids now".

Like Sancus said, my pet dies when I die. Or when I see that "move 50 feet" icon on the pet too late and it dies from that. Not because my pet is tanking a raid mob. Which actually my pet hasn't done since whatever guild I was in during Veil of Alaris needed it to pet tank Beast Domain and Sepulcher events... which FWIW is not my current guild.

Anyways I tried to make a joke about your comment, and you obviously cannot take the humor and instead have to resort to personal jabs and make it a guild thing. Which again I am still curious if you even know who I am or what guild I am in. Let us know!
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Triton does not pet tank. You can rest assured of that ..

-Whulf, Warrior of Triton.
  12. Fansy Augur

IDK thats exactly what I would expect a pet tanker to say!!
    Iila and Ravengloome like this.
  13. Stomped Journeyman

Something definitely was fixed or changed or broken. Before patch I was only remaking my pet on named (our chanter pulls with helix to get slow + cripple + somnolence up) post-patch the mobs fully debuffed are rounding the same pets that were tanking them and barely going to 70% before.
  14. Stomped Journeyman

To be fair repthor is as smart as a pet =p
  15. Repthor Augur

hey look its some random guy that dosent like me, what a shocker:rolleyes:
  16. Yimin Augur

Real Faith my old guild from China use pet tanks for raiding often , since we never had enough real players , some here make it sound like it is bad , if you win with in the rules you win simple as that ...

Yi Min
  17. Piemastaj Augur

OK, so I have before and after parses (including the initial parses) of the pet adjustment back in 2014. Sadly, I have no parses between then and the patch that just took place that adjusted the stats. So, keep that in mind while looking over the data.

Final adjustment to pets(2014): EM 20, 99 Earth pet, Burnout XI 3, Maloseniac Eminence Rk 3, Certitude Rk 2, Vie Rk 2 until it wore off. Pet casting is on, however Roon can not be rooted so the Earth pet Vie buff was not being applied to the pet. No weapons.

/GU Roon in 956s, 2266k @2370dps --- Boss 2266k @2385dps (100%)

/GU Tanking summary for: Boss --- Total damage: 10394192 --- Avg hit: 8778 --- Swings: 1826 --- Defended: 469 (25.7%) --- Hit: 1184 (64.8%) --- Missed: 173 (9.5%) --- Accuracy: 87.3% --- Dodged: 35 (2.2%) --- Parried: 48 (2.8%) --- Blocked: 114 (6.2%) --- Riposted: 54 (3.2%) --- Absorbed: 218 (11.9%)

Roon on 8/12/2014

Boss - 235
    --- Earth Elemental Strike X - 112
    --- Eminent Strike III - 123

Parses done Post Stat adjustments: EM 20, 99 Earth pet, Burnout XI Rk 3, Maloseniac Eminence Rk 3, Surety Rk 2, 100+ Vie until it wore off. Pet casting is on, however Roon can not be rooted so the Earth pet Vie buff was not being applied to the pet. No weapons.

/GU Roon in 953s, 3323k @3487dps --- Boss 3221k @3380dps (96.92%)
    /GU Tanking summary for: Boss --- Total damage: 11506944 --- Avg hit: 9324 --- Swings: 1891 --- Defended: 498 (26.3%) --- Hit: 1234 (65.3%) --- Missed: 159 (8.4%) --- Accuracy: 88.6% --- Dodged: 34 (2%) --- Parried: 59 (3.3%) --- Blocked: 120 (6.3%) --- Riposted: 52 (3%) --- Absorbed: 233 (12.3%)

Roon on 5/28/2016

Boss - 239
    --- Earth Elemental Strike X - 109
    --- Eminent Strike III - 130

I also did a parse of a 104 Earth pet wearing EM23.

Post stat adjustments: EM 23, 104 Earth pet, Burnout XII Rk 3, Iceflame Armaments Rk 3, Surety Rk 2, 100+ Vie until it wore off. Spell casting on, Roon can not be rooted. Hate swords equipped.

/GU Roon in 953s, 3854k @4044dps --- Boss 3834k @4031dps (99.47%)
    /GU Tanking summary for: Boss --- Total damage: 11705484 --- Avg hit: 8997 --- Swings: 1885 --- Defended: 427 (22.7%) --- Hit: 1301 (69%) --- Missed: 157 (8.3%) --- Accuracy: 89.2% --- Dodged: 30 (1.8%) --- Parried: 51 (2.9%) --- Blocked: 117 (6.2%) --- Riposted: 50 (2.9%) --- Absorbed: 179 (9.5%)

Roon on 5/28/2016

Boss - 227
    --- Earth Elemental Strike XI - 115
    --- Iceflame Strike III - 112

Initial Nerf (2014): Same as the first 2.

/GU Roon in 925s, 2355k @2546dps --- Boss 2339k @2534dps (99.3%)
    /GU Tanking summary for: Boss --- Total damage: 11900180 --- Avg hit: 10102 --- Swings: 1831 --- Defended: 481 (26.3%) --- Hit: 1178 (64.3%) --- Missed: 172 (9.4%) --- Accuracy: 87.3% --- Dodged: 32 (2%) --- Parried: 44 (2.6%) --- Blocked: 111 (6.1%) --- Riposted: 56 (3.3%) --- Absorbed: 238 (13%)

Roon on 8/2/2014

Boss - 253
    --- Earth Elemental Strike IX - 116
    --- Eminent Strike III - 137

I would say it's noticeable, considering they adjusted the initial Nerf 4 different times before it was found that the final change was acceptable...
    My 2cp.
    Leex likes this.
  18. dwish Augur

After having a bit more time to play since the patch hit, I am definitely seeing a difference in regards to pet tanking. Cant speak to mage or necro pets, but currently raid focused beast pets are taking quite a bit more damage since the stat consolidation patch. It's very hard to keep him up now, as he is taking huge spikes much more often.

I am noticing the difference on raids as well. Events with nasty AE rampage (think akkapan), I am having to micromanage him constantly to keep him up. He is also going from 100% to dead some as well, which basically did not happen before the patch, due to the spikiness that is now possible on pets.

If this is the way they want it going forward so be it, but I don't think there is any question there was a moderate change to pet tanking in this last patch.
  19. Goranothos Augur

@dwish Thank you for confirming that this problem affects BL pets also.
  20. Yimin Augur

First of all EM 23 make pets lvl 105 , I just got the aug off of Glorious Cistina using my warder as groups MT , after giving my warder buffs and AA buffs ,she tanked the name just fine , and was tanking the trash with no big issues at all ..

Yi Min
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.