Paying fans need a quick and fast response to this ONLINE Pandemic!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pwetti Durn'Stwung, May 28, 2020.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

That's not how businesses (let alone DpG) work. There are many "you should do this!" and outrage threads. Chances are that someone like Dreamweaver skims them all for something useful or pertinent, but attempting to summon a DpG staff person rarely works. They can't make it a habit of "being summoned" or else nothing would ever get done. They'd spend all their time responding to the forums.

Instead, post your suggestion, get some data to support your suggestion, and hope for the best.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. horridG New Member

After Wednesday's abysmal failure to launch I cancelled 5 of my 6 subs. Although I managed to create my characters on Rizlona I was disconnected after a minute in world because I was using IS Boxer on the boxing server! Apparently it was fixed 24 hours later but I'd already had enough by then. Those 5 subscription payments now go to WoW.

Came back today to play on Aradune with my one remaining account and now find myself in a queue to get in. Nearly 48hrs after the server was launched and things are still not sorted and yet nothing to be heard from DPG?

I can only assume they take their players for granted and if they just keep quiet it'll all blow over.

Still in the queue ...
    Pwetti Durn'Stwung likes this.
  3. Sikkun Augur

How were those WoW classic queues at launch again?

At least show us cancellation confirmations to really stick it to them.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Name2 Augur

I subbed 6 accounts on Wednesday night when the servers first came back up (before the database crash) to play on Rizlona after being out of the game for a couple of years. I cancelled them on Thursday morning after seeing just how bad the current state of the game is.

Sure, minimal impact, my $1000 per year probably would only pay for a couple days of developer time, but I'm not contributing to this mismanaged mess. I just can't justify it with my value system. This company needs to pull their collective heads out of their collective or even the addicts are going to start jumping ship before too long.

This game deserves a graceful death, not to be dragged through the mud and monetized to hell. I don't think I'll be back after seeing how this whole thing unfolded. I'm not going to screenshot my inbox to prove it, believe it or don't, I don't really care. I pity the people that are so hooked into this game that they are unable to stop their subscriptions given how poor of a user experience this whole thing is. It's really unacceptable, and the only way to make the company aware is to walk away from it and stop paying for a sub par product.

If you want to get a sense of the poor management, look up Daybreak employee reviews on a site like Glassdoor, it sheds a lot of light onto why things are the way they are.
  5. Trebor Journeyman

I'm still in shock that
    1) I crash for the first time ever in EQ on this server
    2) after crashing I HAVE TO SIT IN THE QUEUE AGAIN!!!! I can't believe an server runs EQ better than the server you have to pay for. Unbelievable.
  6. Azzudien Augur

I played Wow classic from launch up until Aradune launched. Was in queue 1 time for 8 minutes. And it actually told you what place in line you were.
    46 hours since Aradune launched, I have been able to get in game once and got my 2 characters to level 6 before crashing.
    I would prefer to play classic Everquest to Wow, not even close competition in my opinion but the one big thing Wow has that EQ does not have is stability, things work.
    Wow classic launch the players completely overwhelmed their servers but Blizzard employees responded. Layering, dramatically increasing populations on servers, opening new servers. They may have failed in some sense, but ultimately they tried. They figured out how to quadruple the population on a server in 24 hours.

The biggest disappointment on Aradune launch is they are doing nothing to fix the problems, nothing!!! At least try. Dreamweaver stated the server was running at the same capacity as all the other servers are set at. Ok try adding 500 players to that capacity, figure out a way to make that work. Once you solve it, try going higher. At least try. Whats the worst that will happen? A crash? Not like we have not been through that before.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Your best solution if you cannot get in or don't want to deal with it is charge-back any purchases and call it a day.

DPG doesn't respond to anything else unfortunately.
  8. revivin Journeyman

the issue with letting you keep your 9 chars names is some of us didn't even get one name even if we were sitting at the computer the very second the server went up... I was at the my computer clicked instantly with 2 different computers / accounts I didn't get in for over 8 hours and yes I have a whole list of names I would have liked and almost all of them were taken besides nub made up ones
  9. Sikkun Augur

Large number of their servers had multiple hour queues for way more than a single day. Enough so it was news on every single gaming outlet. But yeah your one server after multiple rounds of new servers is the shining example of how they didn’t have queues and problems. They even had problems with queues again last April.

But you guys don’t actually want DPG to launch 5 versions of this server, you’ll be posting in under an hour about how it’s dead and start demanding server mergers.
  10. Azzudien Augur

Yes they did have queues on some servers and yes even to this day they are still trying to fix problems with free transfers, imbalanced servers, turning layering on and off, etc.
    The point being they are trying and have been trying to fix problems and keep the game playable for as many people as possible.
    That is all I am asking for is someone with Daybreak, Darkpaw whomever controls this now to actually try to fix the problems. Just letting customers fade away is not a solution.
  11. Sikkun Augur

Once the rush the create characters is over and the population spreads out the queue will go away. Which was 100% Blizzards plan also, demand just forced them to keep opening servers. If there was actually enough demand for a second server....they have done it before. But what most companies do is let there be a high queue for a couple days and see what actually happens.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

You still have a month.

Anyone who has ever been to Glassdoor knows two things:
    1. The negative posts are angry ex-employees.
    2. The positive posts are HR shills posting from fake accounts.
    It's entertaining, but useless.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

That's because they know that in a week this will all be forgotten... until the next TLP launch. This ain't their first rodeo.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Do they still auto-ban for chargebacks?
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'm pretty sure they do, 2 friends thus far quit on this route.
    I managed to get in with a few friends but I held back at level 6 - 8 just waiting around for some folks.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The moral of this story is.....be patient.

Knee jerking your way through life is always going to cause you to make poor judgement calls.
    minimind likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not buying that at all.

Advanced looting used to cause the client to crash very frequently, so unless you are going to try & convince me that you never used it & always used oldschool looting I say this line is complete rubbish.

Pretty much every TLP has launch day or more accurately launch-week issues, and quite a few posters were warning that the people intending to roll up on these should go into it expecting there to be problems.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be unhappy about the Queues or the crashes that happen but these are things completely in the realm of the expected for TLP launches.

Also with many people being home due to Covid19 I think you would be a very foolish person indeed to not expect additional demand/strain on this particular launch as a result.
    Now some may argue that DPG should have factored that in, and I am sure they did their best to do just that, but they had a lot of pressure to release these early limiting the time available to make those contingencies.

Sometimes the things people want sooner run counter to the level of quality they expect to receive when they arrive.
  18. Name2 Augur

I feel like I've regained a month after reading about the ongoing crashes that Mangler has been experiencing. If I'm going to be frustrated by a game, I want to be frustrated by challenging content, not the game's stability. This game is a sad shell of what it once was, and it's pretty apparent that it remains in existence to bleed as many dollars out of its captive player base as it can.

Hyperbole aside, I understand your point about the reliability of Glassdoor. If there wasn't a theme of reactionary management, distrust among employees, and disrespect to the player base running through the comments I think you would have a point. Because the negative comments highlight similar things, they have more veracity in my book. I've found Glassdoor reviews to be fairly accurate in my experience moving between companies, but understand that YMMV on that.
  19. TheChosenOne Augur

I'm calling my lawyer!
    Pwetti Durn'Stwung likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

I was being a bit hyperbolic, I'll admit. Even if they are disgruntled ex-employees, when a common theme emerges you can believe there is some truth to it.