Not A Bug Overseer Items from Collections now No Trade:

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Daredilly, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Daredilly Master

After collecting Collection Boxes, which had a high fail rate, in order to maximize collections on my alts, I come to find that the results are now No Trade. So, I have wasted countless hours building up collectables to pass to my alts to now have duplicate collectables I cannot use. I presume making these No Trade is a Bug, otherwise, what is the point of Collection Boxes at all for Overseer. Very confused and feeling the weight of a lot of wasted hours on Overseer.
    akanna, jayrendar, Yinla and 21 others like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not to mention the fragments they just introduced are also NO TRADE.
    KtsKts likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The fragments are heirloom. So trade-able to alts on the same account.
    So are all of the dispensers. So trade-able to alts on the same account.
    And, the collection items are atunable. if you already had them, they should still be trad-eable to your alt's. Just don't claim an actual collectible from any of the dispensers. THAT will make them attuned and yours.
  4. Illisaur New Member

So as long as we don't want to do collections on another account (read: most people who box), they can still be traded to your alts. There is no longer any way to send the collectibles to another account? Am I reading this correctly?
    KtsKts likes this.
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Bingo. Also, no longer any reason to use Overseer.
    jayrendar, Yara_AB, KtsKts and 7 others like this.
  6. Daredilly Master

All of the Collection Dispensers I have on my 4 accounts state they are No Trade. So, trading them between accounts is impossible. Hence, they are all worthless now, which is a major change to Overseer. I have been running a successful Software development firm for over 37 years, so, you cannot tell me that what you have done is successful software development. Writing software is about setting expectations and exceeding those expectations. As a loyal invested customers, Dark Paw has failed in setting and executing on expectations to a very high degree. If I did that in my software, I would be out of business. If I put in features and changed them so drastically, I would lose both credibility and customers. Countless hours of time is now up in smoke, not to mention dollars spent on DB cash for Agents. This is not a fix, this is not a change this is a major pull-back of a feature. In my world, that means I have been Beta testing a product for you and I have fallen victim to the final release being completely different from the original expectations set. Classify this is Not a Bug. By doing so, you have lost a very profitable customer.
    jayrendar, Kianara, Yara_AB and 12 others like this.
  7. Moege Augur

/facepalm

So if you are doing collection it is back to farming for them. Really do hope that there was not a braindead idea to also make all of the drops / groundspawns nodrop.
    Ulrin likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hurray, they found a way to make overseer even more useless!
    Yara_AB, yepmetoo, Ulrin and 2 others like this.
  9. Frostbolt New Member

So I will no longer be doing Overseers following this change.....
    jayrendar and Greymantle like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's on the to-nerf list
    Ulrin likes this.
  11. SirNaves New Member

I am not as miffed as most regarding the Overseer changes, but I find myself agreeing with this point of view
    jayrendar, Yara_AB, Barraind and 2 others like this.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Wait so the actual collectible is no trade?? what's the point then? I don't play alts, so no one to pass them to, but I have friends in my fellowship/guild who need stuff I would be glad to help them with by getting the collectibles and giving them to them.
    Yara_AB, Ulrin, Jein-ko and 3 others like this.
  13. Illisaur New Member

Yeah, at least a little warning would have been nice if you were going to do this. I have multiple accounts I've been claiming collections on and handing them to one account at a time to finish. As of today, every collection item I have on my main account is wasted, because now I can't help my other accounts that helped me to finish mine, and they lost out by giving their collections to me instead of holding on to them. Sadly, all of my accounts are still paid for almost a year since I just renewed a couple months ago. As it is, I believe the devs just doomed Overseer to go the way of LON, if anybody still remembers that as anything other than something you can buy items from in the marketplace. You killed it. I can gain more XP per time by just ignoring Overseer completely now, and there's no point to it otherwise since I can't hand off my collection pieces to my other accounts. Well played, Dark Paw.
    jayrendar, Yara_AB, Jein-ko and 2 others like this.
  14. Wulfhere Augur

Ouch! Brutal change sir.

Perhaps now there is an Open market for:

[IMG]Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner

ps: Go ahead and nerf availability of that too, since you clearly didn't think this whole Overseer mini-game all the way through even yet. /facepalm
    jayrendar and Ulrin like this.
  15. Kahril New Member

They atleast could have kept the collections from pre existing collection item dispensers tradeable, I was saving them on a few accounts to give to my main to work towards the evolver shoulders, now I have 30+ dispensers on 3 accounts that are useless to me...already max aa and not doing all those collections on alts for the shoulders when you need a couple thousand. Unbelievable.
    jayrendar and KtsKts like this.
  16. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Thats... weird. It also seems to be a fix that didnt hit test first, as those were tradeable last night.

Magic, No Trade, Heirloom for the dispensers
    No Trade, Attunable for the items.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  17. Cordoba New Member

You guys just made OVERSEER WORTHLESS EVEN MORE THEN IT WAS , Where are my missing agents , doesn't matter - spent 300 dollars on this worthless Overseer , everything is broke or Junk rewards , missing AGENTS ALSO .. Just keep making the game WORSE and no one will play at all , if this is what your looking to do , then just SHUT THE GAME DOWN ! … 21 years of Horse …
  18. Cordoba New Member

THIS IS JUST WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS , You wanted a GOOD USER Experience and its not , you just made 1000's of dollars off this Overseer , and it was turned into gambling with no rewards , now turned into rewards WE cant USE . BEYOND FRUSTRATED . Better business bureau needs to hear about how you guys screw your players over .. Im missing Agents and you guys know it , where are they ? I paid for them , Are you going to give them back ???
    Cordoba
  19. Cordoba New Member

20. Buster_Shruggs Augur

:mad: Awww, that sucks that we cant trade the actual collectible anymore. I was using the same method someone mentioned earlier of accumulating dispensers to help one account at a time finish up collections. I had noticed a lot of collection dispenser reward tasks were not refreshing/available as often as when Overseer started; I figured that was meant to slow the flow of dispensers,...etc. I will still use Overseer for the TS items though, so if you didn't nerf that aspect of rewards I'm still Pro-Overseer.