Not A Bug Overseer Diplomacy, Trade, Exploration missions not increasing chance for collectible reward

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Darchon_Xegony, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So I will preface this with noting that I understand that after the next patch the collectible reward will be fragments rather than a % chance to receive a full collectible selector. But I still believe there is a bug here. Doing higher level / more rare missions should result in additional chance/fragments for collectible selectors.

Per Ngreth's post here - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/feedback-overseer-tuning-2-0.264144/

This currently is not functioning as described. Even for a Level 4 Elite Diplomacy mission, the reward is still 25% chance for a collectible item. This is identical to the chance for a Level 1 Common mission.

On test I cannot check higher levels since it doesn't seem to save your Overseer progress when you /testcopy. But I did check an Elite Level 1 Trade mission and it is only awarding 1 Fragment.

As described the higher end of this should be awarding 4/4 fragments. I think it makes sense to award 1 fragment per level of the mission type.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Duration is also important. What is the Duration? Longer duration's move towards more reward as well.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

All three of those specific mission types are always 12hours.

From my experience each mission type has a fixed duration always.

Collectible Rewards:

Diplomacy - 12 hour
    Exploration - 12 hour
    Trade - 12 hour

Tradeskill Rewards:

Research - 24 hour
    Crafting - 6 hour
    Harvesting - 6 hour

Ornament Reward:

Stealth - 12 hour
    Military - 12 hour

Mercenary AA Only Reward:

Plunder - 6 hour

Due to all 3 of the collectible type missions having the same duration every time, I don't think duration should factor into the reward calculation here. I think I've run about 200~ of these three mission types and they were all 12 hour missions.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Level 5 elite 12 hours do offer 50%. (Or 2 fragments after the patch)

At this time, this is not a bug.

I will take this as feedback that you want more faster from easier quests.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Well the reason I thought it was a logical reward path to grant additional fragments for doing higher level or rarer tasks was the fact that those tasks tend to require more and higher tier agents.

A person who is new to Overseer very well may be more efficient at obtaining fragments because they aren't running into missions they lack the secondary or tertiary required agents to complete. Which seems sort of backwards that leveling up a mission type makes it less efficient.

But I guess at this point the thread is now feedback
    Yara_AB likes this.