Overseer: 5s = 27s ?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lockjaws, May 12, 2020.

1. lockjaws Augur

[IMG]
    [IMG]

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it happens on every conversion. Is there a minimum time of 27 seconds to process converting? It happens when I go from grey to green, or green to blue -- same 27 second timer, instead of 5 seconds.
    Cacky and Yinla like this.
  2. Fredescu Augur

3. lockjaws Augur

Thank you for the links, it seems numerous others have had various problems as well. I tried searching, but search times out for me. =(
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I also noted that a 12 hour quest once started, will count down from 11h55m00s and once it reaches 00h00m00s it is stuck there for several minutes where it won't let me claim the reward. (it might actually be 12hours in total, but the display is confusing...)

I think they should fix it so that the game will work with the default time-server for windows, rather than expect us to change to a different time-server just to get consistency. Lets see how next patch will work out though. :)
    Cacky, Yinla and lockjaws like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

6. Fredescu Augur

I don't know the details, but it's clearly relying on the client side clock for something if people syncing their local clock fixes this problem. Incorrect clocks can cause all sorts of unexpected technical problems, so keeping your clock synced is a good idea anyway.
  7. Cacky Elder

I've synced my clock and started getting 3 seconds on conversion quests instead of 18 or 23. But the next day we are back to 12 seconds, 15 seconds, etc. It is inconsistent, and nothing in those other threads fixes it. Maybe you could call changing your clock every day a workaround, but it is a silly one.
    lockjaws and Yinla like this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Change the internet time source from time.windows.com to pool.ntp.org.