Overseer Quest takes 3x as long as it should

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cacky, May 2, 2020.

1. Cacky Elder

Conversion quests say they will take 5 seconds, but they take up to 18 seconds. Why does it say 5 seconds if it is? Can it be fixed so it really is 5 seconds? So tedious, hanging around waiting for these interminable quests to finish!
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Honestly, if darkpaw doesn't credit us with extra time for this wasted play time, I'm gonna cancel all 5 of my accounts.

#disablelevinPoFire
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its not just conversion quests though.
    Sometimes longer quests gets "stuck" in their "finish" state for several minutes, before it lets you claim the reward.
  4. Roartyger Smoot Elder

That extra time is how you know it is working. It may even reward you with taking extra agents!
  5. Rondor Augur

Syncing my computer's internal real-time clock to closer match global coordinated time seemed to help when this happened to me the other day. It had drifted 3 or 4 seconds since the last sync and then once re-synced, Overseer quests started to again finish within a second of the countdown timer.
  6. Baldur Augur

Rondor likes this.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

In general to follow on, don't just look at the hour and minute, that isn't enough.

1. Check the time zone
    2. Check if daylight saving time is adjusted automatically if your time zone participates
    3. From Control Panel, open Clock and Region, Set the time and date, Internet Time tab, Change settings, enter a more reliable time server than time.windows.com (like pool.ntp.org)
    4. Click Update now, check that the hour, minute, and seconds are accurate against the atomic clock (do a web search)
  8. Roartyger Smoot Elder

The only thing not set in my clock settings was set time zone automatically. Still on Pacific time though, no way to set it to auto sync after a set time period. I had more problems with the clock being out of sync with 7 than with 10. Not seeing any add on to the clock to set an auto sync. Gonna have to feedback Microsoft on this one!
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

It has not been migrated to the Settings window yet.

Open Classic Control Panel
    Open Clock and Region
    Open Set the time and date
    Click on the Internet Time tab
    Click Change Settings button
    Change the box to pool.ntp.org
    Click Update now button