One Zerker's Take

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Denhbers, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Denhbers Elder

Typical crit with old disconcerting: 48k if nothing else triggers
    Typical crit with this new junk: 37k, then 31k when disconcerting fades.

And less crits, too.

I'm not exaggerating.
  2. beefersuther New Member

a 30% nerf without touching the cooldown of the disc would have put us about on par with what rangers and rogues are doing currently
    Quatreh likes this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Yeah. Umm. No. That would be a reading failure on the reader's part.

I do not play a ranger/beastlord/monk/rogue/berserker. But if four of those five classes hover around 90/100/125/150k DPS on raid events and one class hovers around 220/260/300/345k DPS... I can understand where anyone who plays one of the other four classes would like to see some "balance" as far as the numbers go. Maybe some of them are super happy to be doing 30-40% of what a berserker does... in which case they don't care about this nerf. I would guess that most of them would like to feel they are contributing to a raid besides pre-event buffing, however, and generally the biggest contribution a DPS class can make is, well, DPS.

Trust me when I say I am not super happy about the nerf. I am indifferent because I don't know how much lower this nerf does to berserker DPS. I play a class that has experienced more than its fair share of nerfs over the years, and many of them I understood the reasons why. I never like seeing nerfs be given to classes; however, I also want game balance. What berserkers were doing was comical and laughable from a game balance standpoint. Maybe this nerf brings them closer, maybe it swung too far and now the class needs a boost. That is fine. As long as the end goal is balance, that should be what is most important...
  4. beefersuther New Member

could not agree more, no one has contested the fact that zerker needed a nerf , the issue at hand is just that it was a very heavy handed nerf and places the zerker in a horrible spot ,for what the roll of the glass cannon no utility having pure dmg dealing melee dps zerker roll should be , witch is to just pump out obscene lvls of damage as they swing there giant axe . . . . . give zerkers fd and ill forgive you daybreak.... or stealth...stealth could be cool also.
  5. Bamboompow Augur

They only nerfed Disconcerting, correct? All the other stuff...exactly the same? I don't remember zerks exactly doing horrible in TBM. Melee in general made out pretty well due to quite a few weapon upgrade choices for one level. Casters had to eat cake.
  6. Phrovo1 Augur

they made a few changes, one being that dicho can no longer be TCed by SCF, another being Frenzied now goes in the disc window
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Nope, by the sounds of the bug thread lots things that used to work together are currently broken. Either by design or by accident.
  8. Behelit Augur

Ruchu no longer stacking with SS....

death by a thousand cuts comes to mind
  9. Phrovo1 Augur

ah, forgot about that one
  10. Godwin Journeyman

I won't derail any more after this, but if this doesn't imply you are now "super happy and cool" then...

11. Durris Journeyman

Don't worry Dicho still works just fine.
    Brudal likes this.