One hush-hush reason to join Selo that nobody is talking about

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Apr 1, 2019.

1. jeskola pheerie

You missed my point entirely. I was not advocating playing old content on live servers - I was talking about how much great newer content there is to enjoy if you are a fan of Everquest. Most progression players bathe in nostalgia and leave. They are depriving themselves of years of great content in the game they love. Some expansions I like particularly are Rain of Fear and Empires of Kunark. They contain several reworked old zones for nostalgia in addition to a ton of great new content. House of Thule has a lot of great stuff too.
  2. yerm Augur

Where is someone going to play these expansions you like in particular? If they aren't the current or pretty damn close to it, on a TLP or with boxes.
  3. thisissad New Member

The reason to play on Selo is it's a fun stop gap between WoW classic and Pantheon launches. Why play on Mangler and do classic AGAIN when you're already going to WoW in August.
  4. Kolani Augur

The average TLP player doesn't adjust well to content that actually has mechanics other than taunt, corner mob and go afk until the mob dies. It's a proven fact.
  5. TheChosenOne Augur

WoW Classic will be a joke, that game does not have nearly the same nostalgic value that Everquest does

I've had WoW uninstalled for 4+ years and that will never change, no matter what color lipstick they put on that pig
  6. Arkonik New Member

The reason it is so fast is so it will hit live faster so they can launch another tlp for the gold sellers to farm kronos.

Every time they start a new server it is a rush for no boxers to try and be top dogs, but it is also perfect time for krono sellers to make lots of kronos to sell on other servers at rock bottom prices. Kronos always start out costing few 100p on new tlp's unlike on Drinal where a single krono cost 2mil to 1.2mil.

It is also a good time to sell pling services an loot rights and easy to farm loot drops from holding camps 24/7 that only a few can get access to.

DBG loves this model cause everyone is a sucker to rush to it an do what I've done. Yes I'm included I tried ragefire when it came out and rushed in for that fresh start only to find out I was being boxed out by farmers so after spending a few hundred dollars for 2 months trying to compete by renting another pc to 2 box to compete cause its true box I gave up now I tried selo's and Im not renting another pc cause the one I have now will run 6 accounts and not break a sweat. But after noticing I spent 300 some bucks in under 30 days buying kronos and potions from the DBG store I'm finally done with EQ forever.

Nice business model DBG. TLP cause lots of money spurts from paying customers.
    Pharone likes this.
  7. yerm Augur

Selo has a noticeable shortage of profession krono rmting. A few in SGs but nothing close to what happened on past servers or what is constantly railed against on mangler.

AKA your post is dead wrong.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Is that the Hongduckdong guy that is constantly selling 6,000 deepwater inks?
  9. yerm Augur

Dishing out inks and keeping the SG run safe for democracy. I daresay I actually kind of like him rmting on my server...
    DeseanJackson and Tymeless like this.
  10. Pharone Elder

That may be the case, but the reality is that Selo is losing more people every day. Plain and simple, the server just moves too fast for the average person. The only people thriving on that server are the hardcore, and before long, that's all that will be left on it.

How long do you think the hardcore will stick around on a server with nobody to brag to about their leet loots? I really don't see the Selo server having a healthy population beyond three months from now.

Even with Gates of Discord being released at that time to bring people back to the game, when those same people realize they are so far behind in levels and AAs, and need to catch up on all of that in less than a month to begin working on the content of Gates of Discord, they will leave again.

Selo was a good idea on paper, but in reality, it will never succeed on a grand scale. It's fast paced unlock schedule is it's undoing, and will lead to a ghost town in less than a year.

But... that wont matter because by that time, there will be "the next TLP" for everybody to go spend ~$100 on new bags, mount, and experience potions. It's a win, win for DBG.
  11. yerm Augur

Do you play on selo?
    Ajjantis likes this.
  12. Pharone Elder

I told everybody I wasn't, but I was. Do you need a port? I can login my wizard and prove it if that's what you need.
  13. DeseanJackson Augur

Was WoW Classic even good? It might be interesting for a minute, but I doubt it’s much fun long term unless they are planning an expansion release schedule like normal TLPs (which they may do in the future). And It’s prob time to give up on Pantheon.
    I don’t think he does. Pretty clear Selo got a bump when the exp was increased, more and more sellers/buyers in bazaar daily.
  14. Pharone Elder

Send a tell to Zippie in game on Selos. I'm porting people for plat right now in the Nexus.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Once POP comes out every guild kills an instanced raid zone. And there is literally no more bragging rights since even the most casual pleb will have the same loot. Hardcore players that think bragging rights is even a thing in EQ will get a ride awaking. But hardcore players that want to take a quick tour through eq will probably have a good ride.

Open world is fun, but it's about to die in a month on selo.
  16. Fan of Scott Journeyman

Lol @ people who think Mangler is going to not be any better off than Selo
    serious post or troll?
  17. Fan of Scott Journeyman

Lol
  18. Ceffener Augur

It’s been 15 years. EQ lost, time to let it go.
  19. trevock Augur

Did you hit your head?
  20. Herf Augur