One hush-hush reason to join Selo that nobody is talking about

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Apr 1, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Selo, as advertised, is the single fastest unlocking TLP server to date. There are many reasons to join and some reasons that may make people hesitant to give it a go. But you know what NOBODY is talking about, but Deybreak knows will happen?

Read on...

If you do that math it is clear that Selo will reach Live server status before any TLP. But what happens after that will blow your mind! Since the unlocks are a blazing fast 4 weeks, after Selo reaches Live, it will, quite literally, pass Live within a month. When Live is knee-deep in whatever-next-expansion-is-called Selo will already be on whatever-the-next-next-expansion-is-called AFTER whatever-next-expansion-is-called.

Do the math: One year after Selo hits Live, Selo will basically be playing in 2032 when Live is stuck somewhere around the early 2020's.

THAT is why I'm sticking with Selo, despite the broken AA exp.
  2. Nykara2 Elder

Selo isn't likely to be on expansions that aren't made yet lol.

Itll just be another live server then with slightly faster xp.
  3. took2summit11 Augur

4. Mundaukk New Member

This. This right here. Best post all night.
    Herf likes this.
  5. DavidMoon New Member

slightly slower xp vs live
  6. snailish Augur

Thought FAQ stated both Mangler and Selos become "regular live servers"?

Either way, the premise that Selos would remain on 1 month unlocks into future expansions that don't exist is amusing.
  7. Neldarion Lorekeeper

Once it reaches Live they will start releasing WoW expansions each month.
  8. Mogossis Journeyman

whoosh
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  9. yerm Augur

Even elementary school math can prove you are wrong. In 2 years selo will pass live and be ahead, eventually passing test on access to forthcoming expansions, and unlocking pantheon in approx 3.5 years.
    Tymeless, Kittany, Montag and 3 others like this.
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

FTFY
    yerm and Ulain like this.
  11. VandilIzer Augur

What kind of drugs are you on and where can I get some?
  12. AgentofChange Augur

Live blows. If you want to play live go play live.
  13. code-zero Augur

Live is the real game

That is all
  14. AgentofChange Augur

ya and it sucks
  15. Montag Augur

/whoosh
    Serona likes this.
  16. EnchFWO Augur

And when was the last time you actually played on Live to have this expert opinion?
    Reht likes this.
  17. jeskola pheerie

A lot of people hate on live. It is the learning curve that is the obstacle. I first went to live from Vulak with OOW-era 3box and had extra playtime to learn modern EQ. It took time for sure, but when I acclimated to the changes, I enjoyed it immensely (especially ROF which was current content at the time). There is soooo much awesome Everquest content out there to be consumed. If you are a fan of Everquest, and only play until your nostalgia wears out, you are only short-changing yourself and depriving yourself of a lot of great Everquest content.
    Genoane and EnchFWO like this.
  18. Serona Elder

Did you hear that??

WOOOOOOSH
  19. yerm Augur

In preparation for selo I ran around xegony on my cleric checking mob density and hps and etc. I then ran a necro around testing zems, including a ton of leveling and deleveling.

Throughout this entire process and dozens of hours of checking tons of zones, I actually ran into other players utilizing these zones a grand total of twice. Once in traks teeth a 110 probably doing achievements, and once in OT seemingly afk automated. I did however notice that every classic raid mob was kept dead, even ones that drop 100% only notrade items.

Live eq is completely and totally dead in old eras. You can either skip through to the most recent expansion or two, or box the years of content yourself all alone. If you want to play in it with others, a tlp is the only real way to go.
  20. Elemenopi Augur

Well, we already have Future Retro music, now we have Future Retro gaming. :p