Old School Frog illusion for players

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CaRnon, Oct 18, 2012.

1. CaRnon Augur

I really really would like to see a frog illusion like the frogs in Seb or Guk(upper/lower live side).. I would pay for it with Station cash if you want to put it in the marketplace... been some neatish illusions in there recently.. But I think the frog illusions would be a huge seller in the marketplace.

/shrug I am sick of buying silly frog illusion potions and the newer frog illusion is just not the same as the old green frogs from Seb/Guk...

Thank you for your time!
    CaRnon
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

The classic Froglok race is already a PoP era spell for enchanters. Generally the rule of thumb seems to be "If an enchanter can already cast it, it's not going to be an SC/LoN item". Whether that is because most enchanter illusions are generic monster/pc races, nothing overly spectacular until late late levels (excluding the spell variants of clickies/SC/LoN illusions that enchanters can get by handing in said items), or because they don't want to "step on enchanter's toes" such as it were. I have no idea. But that seems to be how it works.

I do wish they'd reuse some of the older models for illusions more often though. I'd love to have a Qeynos Guard Polymorph wand. And don't even get me started on the original Gnoll model.... :3
  3. FcsevenXIII Augur

Whoever decides what illusions to offer seems to completely ignore anything pre 2004
  4. iniari-TR Augur

waiting for othmir and ratman illusion clickies. :D
  5. Uxtalzon Augur

I'd like a polymorph item (IT SAYS POLYMORPH! POLY = MANY! DADGUMMIT) That transforms the player to the nearest race. For instance, if I were a troll in Innothule Swamp, it would transform me into a Basher (troll guard). Whichever race I change into, that race or city of whatever would have a huge faction boost. It would only work to NPC guards of player cities. Thus the illusion gives a huge faction boost to most (if not all) factions there. If I transform into a Qeynos guard, most factions would love me and others would be KOS... but if I transform into a corrupt Qeynos guard, factions are reversed.

It wouldn't work with say, going to Kael and turning into a giant, or Thurgadin and turning into a coldain dude. The item would have a range to it, and the last illusion will be the illusion it always casts. I could have transformed into a Qeynos guard, then run to Freeport and cast it with no NPCs nearby and it still turns me into a Qeynos guard (but no faction adjustments). Or, I could be in a raid doing Solteris or something and transform into a Basher, because the last time I used it was near a troll guard. A multi-use polymorph wand... players would buy it. And I better get credit. ;)
  6. Rainbowdash Augur

There's a revamped ratman model coming with RoF (check dbstr_us) So you may be getting that one sooner than you think. It won't be the original model though. :(
  7. Cloudia Augur

isn't the frog mask from pok OMM brews the old model frog? will have to dig thru my bags in game and find mine I guess.
    Sure wish the brews were heirloom so could pass to alts for the lower end items like this mask.
  8. Ahnanna New Member

Othmir please. With the hat. Geonids might be cool too.

And no the OMM brews is a guktan model not the original froglok
  9. CaRnon Augur

no its the new player class frog look illusion to the omm brew mask
  10. Hatsee Augur

Slaughter Sebilis, make pots.
  11. Goranothos Augur

I've bever been very interested in player character illusions, but I sure do love me some petamorph wands. I think some more "old skool" petamorph wands, like the recent Scarecrow, would sell like hotcakes.

Edit: Oh, and please make illusions cross zone lines!
  12. Rainbowdash Augur

If they did that they'd be refunding Enchanters, Bards, and Rogues some AA points.

Nah leave it as is imo.

BUT, Enchanters need to have their Project Illusion AA changed to be able to target and cast on pets please! Seeing as how Petamorph wands exist now, I can't really see a reason this would be a bad thing.