[Oakwynd] <When Natures Calls> Casual Leveling Guild

Discussion in 'TLP Guild Recruitment' started by Maneuvre, Apr 24, 2023.

1. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Been in the Discord with this group for a few days now, it's absolutely ideal for anyone on the more casual end of the scale. Discussions have been great, plenty of people coming back after long absences, it's fun to see.

Can highly recommend this group!

- Emm
    Chugwater and Rijacki like this.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I've also been very happy that I jumped on this wagon early. Every day I am more eager for the server launch to spend time in game with these people and not just chit-chat on Discord.
    Chugwater likes this.
  3. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Bump for only 7 sleeps to go.. I think. Math is hard
  4. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Static groups are forming up, for those that want to be a little more organised at launch, but plenty of us just waiting to go with the flow. The choice is yours.. join today!
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. MagicOrcen New Member

Hello - Looking to join a casual guild. Do you do any lite raiding? Also any rules on boxing? I 6 box however, I am always willing and prefer to drop characters to invite others into my group.
  6. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Hello there :)

No rules on boxing, several of us will be doing some sort of boxed characters. Prioritising live players over boxes is always appreciated though, especially within guild.

We don't have a concrete raid plan set as yet. It will never be mandatory, more of a as people have needs, and if we have the numbers, and highly likely to be centred around the weekends when a higher amount of people have time. It really just depends how fast people end up leveling and getting to that point.

Feel free to swing past the Discord, it's pretty active and an easy way to get to know people and get questions answered in a timely fashion. No obligations if it ends up being not for you though.

- Emm
  7. DiceWrangler New Member

On Launch Day, should we look for guild recruiters in-game or is it preferred to use Discord to initiate an "interview" (or whatever your recruiting procedure is) ahead of time? Also, which in-game public chat channel is best used for guild recruiting? /ooc? /lfg? something else?
  8. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Hello there. Getting the actual tag requires you to be in the same zone as a recruiter, so there will be a little lag time being able to get in, get the guild created, get in the same zone as leader to get officers tagged and then start getting everyone else in. I honestly don't actually know what channel in game is considered best to be posting guild messages. I would think not general as that would be spammy.

If you want to wait for in game, you can look out for folks with the guild tag up and ask them to grab someone to tag you, or send a /tell to Emmiran and I'll try and get you sorted. If you have questions want tot get a feel for it before hand though then yeah, slide on into the Discord. No obligations to join if it ends up not being for you =)

- Emm
  9. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Are we there yet?
  10. tigersnack Journeyman

I'll be looking for a casual guild that enjoys grouping together and just playing while not taking ourselves too seriously. I enjoy raiding because it is a TEAM event and I am a jock-type (But me kan make fire!)
    This will be my last EQ round and dont need to be ELITE in a video game...lol.
    Started October 30,1999.
    Dont want to get to level 50 in the first 24 hours =) Just wanna be silly and casual unless we're in a raid.

Enjoy light roleplaying as a wolf.
    /oakendell politely sniffs your butt in a formal greeting!
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

A young woman in bright clothes turns around rapidly, "Hey!! None of that!! shoo, puppy, shoo."
    Another young woman with her in more muted, natural dye colours pushes her cousin out of the way. "Oh! a wolf!" and reaches to ruffle the scruff of the wolf.
  12. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Less than 24 hours squeeeeeee!
  13. tigersnack Journeyman

/oakendell places his head on your knee and looks up at you with large puppy-dog eyes, as he slowly wags his tail and ask forgiveness for a COLD nose.
    /oak grins wolfishly as he gets "pets" =)
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Overcome with the cuteness, both women snuggle the "puppy".

(( So, did you apply? there are RPers in the guild and I want more. There are those who don't RP, but we're keeping it friendly for both (and hopefully we can encourage more on the fence to give it a go, too, but no pressure, just fun ))
    Maneuvre likes this.
  15. Toromir New Member

What loot system will you be using?
  16. rippah30 Lorekeeper

Hallo Toromir.

I feel like off the top I need to say we have no detailed plan to organise raid. At most it will be a when someone needs something, when we have the levels, and I would imagine almost exclusively on the weekend type situation. We are a casual guild. In saying that, the current expectation is that loot will be handled using a suicide kings system.

If you have further questions, feel free to drop on by the Discord
  17. Toromir New Member

Thanks dude
  18. tigersnack Journeyman

Waiting until I switch back to Elf....hard to type with paws!
    I would remind all non-RP'ers that a Wolf can bite with 350 lbs of pressure per square inch, easily crunching their bones like rice crispy treats.
    /flashes a toothy grin
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Qamena New Member

Old-tyme veteran player here returning to the game. I will look up your Discord. I've had my raiding days, and although I would like to revisit at some other time, I missed much of the earlier content of the game, and never got a chance to do proper dungeon grinds and grouping. Played a solo class, and now I want to be more casual and explore the game much more. Will check you all out.
  20. Sakuraba Augur

If you guys've gotten everything situated, I'd be interested in joining. Will check out the discord after work. More of a weekend player lately myself, though I do sometimes log in during work to do smaller stuff. Can find me in game on either Brewtall or Erudius...most likely Brewtall at the rate I've been going lol. Do have a third character, Sandlotte, but I mostly intend to play her with someone until we're at grouping range and even then.