[Oakwynd] <When Natures Calls> Casual Leveling Guild

Discussion in 'TLP Guild Recruitment' started by Maneuvre, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Maneuvre Augur

**[Oakwynd]** **<Call of Nature>**

We are a Casual Guild that is low stress and welcoming. We encourage you to join us and help build a community that will progress through content, explore forgotten zones, and embrace the lore of the game.

Our guild encourages you to enjoy your time in game. Here you can feel free to quest, adventure, roleplay, tradeskill, level up multiple alts, teach others, duel, etc. all while meeting new friends. We have our sights set on progression, at a casual pace.

We welcome:
    ~ Casual Players
    ~ Role Players
    ~ Returning Players
    ~ Veteran Players
    ~ New Players

Check us out on our discord server for our FAQ and then join us for the new EQ TLP on Oakwynd. Play at your pace, meet some new people, and have fun like old times. We have a level 3 boosted discord server and some great resources already! Low stress. No mess. Just fun!

https://discord.gg/3Qc7XghBuV
  2. DosPanchos New Member

Looks like a good guild!
    Maneuvre likes this.
  3. Chugwater New Member

I'm in. Other than the name -- You did mean <When Nature Calls>, right? -- this seems to be just what I'm looking for.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

What's the guild attitude toward those who like to RP? I not expecting the whole guild to RP, just hopefully to not be against those who do.
  5. Maneuvre Augur

I’m all thumbs! Yes, if I could edit the title I would. But you are correct, it will be <When Nature Calls>. Oops :X

We welcome RP players! And no one will be against those that do. In fact, I initially wanted us to be RP oriented but was afraid there wouldn’t be enough interest. So we went for a more casual approach. However I’d like to expand the guild to be the one stop shop for RPers. Some of my fondest memories of EQ were RP related. Anyways, I have setup some basic RP rules in our discord if you’re interested. Thanks!
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Luvz New Member

Hello,

It is nice to see your guild recruitment post. I have a couple of questions about your guild.

1) By leveling guild, are you intending to make a guild where people can level together and then potentially move on to another guild? It seems that leveling guilds are often more impersonal at times because people come and go and might not form lasting connections. Or is your guild going to aim to be more of a family guild atmosphere?

2) What is the story behind your name? Is it intended to be a play on words with the meaning of going out into the wild and facing danger with a double meaning referencing having to use the bathroom? I am trying to appreciate the name but am not really getting it. I don't understand the thought behind it, and the first impression it causes a slight wince.

It's really nice to see a guild that wants to go at a slower pace. I will be keeping tabs on your formation and consider your guild for sure.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I've been interacting with the early adopters and guild leader on Discord and the vibe is definitely more family guild. But early days, too.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  8. Menlo135 Journeyman

What's the predominant time zone going to be do you think?
  9. Maneuvre Augur

Hi. Thanks for the question. Tbh, predominant time zone is still forming. But Staff right now is a mix between PST and GMT. So there should be activity throughout most of the day/night depending on your time zone.

Hello, thank you for your questions and consideration.
    1) the focus is a family oriented leveling guild. I’ve personally had experience with the impersonal Zerg guilds and the hardcore guilds and neither of those is what we want here. The goal is to provide a guild atmosphere that is a slower pace, bit more personal with the hope of developing a long lasting community. I recognize people will level up here and then leave for a raiding guild. That’s fine. But I’ve seen players bounce between raiding guilds as well. Our hope is that people enjoy the camaraderie here and elect to help us grow rather than chasing some other pixel.
    2) yes and no. reference to the name is play on words between adventuring like you suggested but it’s also a reference to how EverQuest has become second nature to many of us. You never seem to just quit and always come back to it. So when nature calls, you answer the call to play EQ again. On a more jovial perspective, some staff feel that the ace Ventura sequel is similar to how we come out of (EQ) retirement to do another quest. Player’s preference I suppose.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Tachyon Augur

Sounds fun! way oldtimer here will look you up.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  11. Regulus New Member

This guild is interesting, especially with how alt friendly the server rules look. I'm just returning to the game after 20+ years and confess a group of nice people to adventure with sounds better than soloing with a merc and no one else on a Live server.

Do you have any alignment or racial restrictions?
    Maneuvre likes this.
  12. Maneuvre Augur

Thanks! That's what many of us are thinking as well about the rule set being pro-alt friendly. This would be the guild for adventuring with nice people.

No, we do not have any alignment or racial restrictions. However, you aren't the first person to ask this. I almost wonder if we should expand with a small RP group within the guild that has those restrictions. Thank you again for your interest.
  13. Regulus New Member

Thanks. I was mostly asking about alignment stuff because I didn't know if you were all trying to start in nearby cities and such.
  14. Maneuvre Augur

Looks like we have some of our staff starting in Qeynos, GFay, and Freeport areas at this time. So there shouldn't be an issue linking up with our members.
  15. Schye New Member

I am looking forward to joining your ranks.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  16. Maneuvre Augur

Updated OP to condense and update information. Our discord now has a FAQ channel. Stop by and have a look.
  17. wayne62682 New Member

This sounds kind of intriguing. I'm actually almost completely new to EQ (I've tried P99 a bit, and Live a bit, but missed the boat playing it back in the day).
    Maneuvre likes this.
  18. Maneuvre Augur

Thanks! Check us out for sure. We’ve got a bunch of new and returning players in the same boat here. Easy fit.

Also update, we’ve got some events planned and one is a guild sponsored challenge to see if anyone can beat level 50 with a red character. First to do so wins a prize. More details in the discord.
  19. tsuchan6 New Member

This is the kind of guild I like, in all the games I play.
    I'm not a fan of discord so I won't be getting on that mess.
    Will you be using discord a lot?
    Maneuvre likes this.
  20. Maneuvre Augur

Thank you for this. I understand your reservation with the discord piece completely so no worries. To answer your question, discord will be the primary means of communication for the guild. However, it is not mandatory. I will ensure announcements are reflected the same in game as they are on the discord server. Feel free to dm here if you have further concerns. Thanks again.