Fixed (Oakwynd) Legacy Bonus not applying to AAs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kenuven, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Kenuven Lorekeeper

Hopefully, it gets figured out soon.

A concern generated is if DB is going to backfill the missed XP with an XP event to help players catch up to where they would be now. Has that been discussed? Or maybe give players XP potions based on their legacy level? I'm not sure the logistics of sending items to all the players.

It'll get fixed whenever it gets fixed but a lot of us are just looking for some insight into the remedies considered/planned.
  2. Oakwynderguy New Member

No remedies needed; it's a distraction from fixing the problem. Please assign someone to look at the various experience calculations and insert our per-character (/account) variables into the step where experience is awarded to the player; additionally in the form of constant rewards from the Quest/Task system.
    Runes likes this.
  3. Runes Augur

Could not agree more, the fix seems to be being slow walked to this fix and has nothing to do with coming up with a proper compensation for those impacted and on a sliding scale of how many 60s are on the account. This can be done right away and go a long way to raising trust again.

I can tell you if this goes on unresolved for longer with no fix and compensation, anything promised on the 25th server coming up will not be believed and most likely result in a lot of players not trusting that any perks that are pitched for the 25th will be granted due to mistrust
  4. Oakwynderguy New Member

Our guild has already lost two six-boxers who had many characters for the bonus, specifically because of this. Please help us stop the bleeding.
    Mosep likes this.
  5. Ellis Elder

If this isn't a high priority issue for them, I don't know what they are doing. This is/was one of the selling points of this server, and it's already ruined months of time and effort people have put into alts. When PoP hits many of these alts aren't going to be hitting 65 and all the effort was put in to take advantage of the bonus XP in Luclin.

If this doesn't get fixed soon I'm seriously going to consider bailing.
    Mosep likes this.
  6. Kenuven Lorekeeper

You say you agree there shouldn't be any remedies but are asking for compensation. You do realize they're the same thing right? The person you replied to is asking for it to be fixed without anything for the loss caused by the bug.
  7. Moof New Member

Will it be investigated, fixed and compensated before PoP launches?
  8. Pimpmobile Journeyman

It's been nearly two weeks since the thread was started and we're no closer to an answer than we were then. I'm guessing this is low on their priority list, especially with them trying to push Laurion out in two weeks.
  9. Cuzon Elder

I 110% seriously doubt this.
  10. Fuzzbutt Elder

You can doubt whatever you want /shrug But with the duping messing up the economy and the server not delivering what was promised I'm seeing less and less people
  11. Dartan70 New Member

This has been going on for a while now. The "response to the tradeskill depot issue" had some pretty thoughtful words in the way of how the customer base is viewed.

"We want to address the recent situation that has impacted our beloved game and our dedicated players. Our team was alerted to an issue within EverQuest and responded with the urgency and gravity that the situation demanded as soon as feasibly possible. We understand that you would like information and updates on what is happening and what the plan of action is, and when or if there is something we feel can be shared without causing further damage, it will be posted. We apologize for the noted lack of communication and will strive to do better in the future."

Can you strive to do better with the response on the AA Legacy Bonus issue?
  12. Aziuno Augur

They aren't on Holiday anymore, it's back to the standard ignore customers, and be tone deaf on issues.

That article was just PR Damage control to quickly sweep the concerns of major neglect under the rug.
  13. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

"the noted lack of communication" continues!

Non-communication is a culture which can't change because of two articles on some websites
    Aziuno likes this.
  14. WsaberMT New Member

I cancelled my accounts today,however they don't run out until May so I will keep playing until then. I came back after 17 years because the Oakwynd ruleset interested me but the inability to use it now for AAXP which was biggest reason for me to level 6 60's and start working on 2 more is a deal killer. What upsets me most is the lack of communication. It would literally take a minute or two for them to give us an update once in awhile. Also they could have left atleast the recent 50% exp bonus on to compensate us.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  15. Fuzzbutt Elder

Oakwynds population seems to be dwindling. Of course that is anecdotal as I don't have hard numbers to consult but when I am alone in several low level zones that are usually crowded it makes me a little leery
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  16. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Yup. Less than 500 traders in bazaar around noon US time.

But it's just one server I Suppose - we will hear when we will hear, on this legacy exp issue.
    Or when next some site writes an article or two, I suppose, on this specific issue.
  17. coltongrundy Augur

People had to not only pay for a sub to even log into the server, but then also purchase extra character slots in order to get the full 100% bonus, and it doesn't do what they said it would do.

At this point all we know is that it's being "investigated" and not actively being fixed. They cannot possibly be "investigating" this issue for a solid 2 weeks straight. The only explanation is that it must have been deprioritized and pushed down the backlog. I'm sure they think it's justified to prioritize other things, but that's what's happening.
    OldTimeEQ1 and jiri_ like this.
  18. Dartan70 New Member

They cannot possibly be "investigating" this issue for a solid 2 weeks straight.

You are correct sir- they can't be investigating for a solid 2 weeks..it's been 3.
    OldTimeEQ1, jiri_ and Tranced like this.
  19. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

20. uberkingkong Augur

Know whats funny.
    Oakwynd, make a ton of alts.
    30th expansion 1 main for many alts.

Suppose on Oakwynd you gotta use AP on each alt you created now and get all your alts all the personas and max level.

Lot of leveling to do.