Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Zinkeh Augur

Fast exp. Random loot. Fast AA /early unlock AA is what players have been asking for.

TLP server announcements like this absolutely scream "We the developers who program for Everquest do not in any way shape or form actually play or understand everquest."
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  2. Braelvenae Lorekeeper

So, you say the majority of players do the above, yet you want the minority of players to tell them they can no longer do that? You want EQ to change to not allow the things that you claim a majority of EQ players do and instead force them not to? And not just on this server you want those things to change going forward and allow this FTE to push onto future servers?
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  3. Kobin04 New Member

Welp, this sucks. This will be the first TLP I don't activate my normal 3 box on and buy all the bags for. Hopefully, everyone that finds this abomination of a server does the same thing. They're literally taking one of the main aspects that makes EQ it's own; out. I really can't belive how out of tune with their audience they are.
    spiff likes this.
  4. Aiona Augur

Yes, and I still play without spending krono most of the time.

But I remember before we had krono, my real life friends enjoyed this game too. We used to help each other every night, and help each other gear up. We used to gear up what seemed like half the server. We would call out loot rotting, for free, and this wasn't rare for players to do, at least on our server.

When krono came along, we stopped giving away from loot. Now all the sudden my friends started selling drops for krono.

Spells, gear and quest stuff all used to be freely shared among guildies and friends. Suddenly friends and guild mates are charging full price for everything.

Many things since 'the old days' have changed in EQ. There's still a sense of nostalgia and that old EQ community spirit, but it's a very different spirit. It's not adventure and exploration anymore, it's a spirit of krono and AFK'ing while the game is played for you. ...unless you're boxing.

And boxing ain't the devil in my book, but I wish there was a better answer than boxing and all this krono tossing.
    Zrender likes this.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

That's depressing, but I haven't noticed it, my guild still helps eachother, we give away loot.

Could it be that Krono didn't change people, but the people changed? Some of these recent TLP servers have been incredibly toxic, Aradune I think was the worst I'd ever played on toxicity wise.

But encounter locking won't stop people from being jerks, it'll just make everyone generally unhappy.
  6. Aiona Augur

I just want to enjoy the TLP. Thanks for asking.
    Magician9001 and Zrender like this.
  7. ForumNugget Journeyman

Mischief: start is 2 years removed, very successful with population longevity. Many people have been asking for something similar this year.
    Yelinak: start is only 1 year removed, not so successful with population longevity. No one has been asking for something similar this year.
    EQ Devs: Let's do Yelinak again just with some lemon sprinkled on it!

I don't get it.....
    spiff likes this.
  8. Thatoneguy666 Elder

no one does my friend. No one does.
  9. Zrender Augur

This server is addressing PLing primarily but also KSing and mob training will be addressed as a side. It's also not free trade, so it's not pay to win, or at least less so. You think KSing, mob training, PLing and pay-to-win are the main mechanics of EQ? We must be playing a different game.
    code-zero and Magician9001 like this.
  10. Rayar New Member

Just wanted to throw my thoughts out here in case it actually matters. Huge fan of both Mischief and Vaniki. I enjoy playing on TLPs for a few months every year when new ones open up. I've been anxiously waiting for the new details to drop for the past few weeks.

I'm really disappointed. So much so I'll be skipping out on this one. I really hope devs listen to feedback and just give players what they want: Mischief 2.0.
  11. Aiona Augur

It is interesting that you mention the toxicity, I experienced quite a bit of it before Yelinak. But for some reason, Yelinak seems really nice comparatively with any recent TLP in my experience. There's a few bad actors but there always is, isn't there?

Mischief seemed like a mixed bag, or perhaps it was the turning point? TLP's seem to be getting better in-game community wise.

Though we will have to wait and see how the trolls and griefers try to disrupt Oakwynd I guess! Haha.

And as far as the krono changing people vs the people changing on their own, I believe everyone just changed because of technology and the demands of day-to-day life had a lot to do with it. I am sure there are many other factors which are beyond the scope of this post or thread. Suffice it to say, time has changed both the game and the players playing it.

I won't pretend to have all the answers, or even the best answers. I just want everyone to have fun without making it at the expense of someone else's enjoyment, as much as possible.
  12. Kobin04 New Member

I think the mechanics that have been in the game since 99 should remain, that's the whole point of coming back.
  13. Nessirfiti Augur

Yar, Like I said, I don't care what happens on Oakwynd, because the encounter locking has killed my enthusiasm for it, I just don't want the locking to end up on other servers.
  14. Zrender Augur

I am sure the devs know that many people want Mischief 2.0. I'm also betting they have discussed it at length and probably determined that it would mostly just cannibalize the existing free-trade servers. I do empathize with you, have been disappointed on TLP releases myself several times. I personally like FTE and want a no-PL, no free-trade server, don't really care if that ruleset is propagated to other servers, i'm fine if it's not. I kinda think it will be popular, though, despite the vocal anti-FTE forum warriors (not including you in that, you're just stating your preference).
  15. Mayor Journeyman

No one does man, this addresses a non problem and creates 10 in its place. It's like they don't listen to anything we have to say
  16. Meteor New Member

You have a chance to make a lot more money if you listen to player base Daybreak. You are beyond out of touch of what we want.
  17. Vindar Augur

They should add heirloom for no trade items and make the exp bonus permanent somehow, rather than this silly level cap stuff which makes absolutely 0 sense.
    Velisaris_MS and Zrender like this.
  18. Zrender Augur

Yeah, remember that pile of kronos you had back in 99' and all that free-trade bazaar p2w goodness and the cash shop?
    RMT was obscure and minimal at that point, barely a blip. Advertising PL for cash in game would have been a ban so fast your giant CRT monitor probably would have exploded and KSing or training would also result in a ban. There were enforced camps back then. Tell me again how the recent TLPs are like the 99 game.
    Magician9001 likes this.
  19. Mayor Journeyman

Please stop posting here, they are trying to relegate us to one thread to minimize fallout on the forums. The Devs just spoke up in the discord with no real intent to address any of this in the near future, our only recourse is to keep our threads going in the forums. One 60 page 1k post thread is better for their optics and puts us in a corner.
  20. Zrender Augur

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, they know their own sales numbers and projections better than you, "new player"?