Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Vindar Augur

No I'm not. This is how everyone in almost every guild I've played in does it, as well as almost all my friends. The vast majority of people I come across in game are not boxing.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Makin Apprentice

This exactly, Thank you.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

no, just noticing how many alt accounts are spamming this because RMTs gotta RMT and selling PLs isn't the way forward for them. Your ad hominems just make me wonder? also you missed the point. I don't care at all about whether it's encounter locked or not.

I DO prefer it not be another mischief while mischief is mid cycle (it is verrrry pay to win as you can buy anything with Krono)

I'd much prefer a NEW EXPERIMENTAL concept should pass or fail of it's own accord without the glittery loot table to mask it. Do this server exactly as announced, see how it works before granting license to exploit raidgear.

This will just make it an RMT server.

which is what - caused - the - "problem" - to - begin - with.

People pay their rent off Krono sales.

While the rest of us are trying to just enjoy a game.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They announced a ruleset for a new server and people are acting like it is the end of Everquest. If they want to get actual data regarding a change this is probably the best way to go about it.
    Tarvas, Lejaun and Aiona like this.
  5. Baulkin Augur

6. Baulkin Augur

7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and you only get bees when you hit the hive with the stick.

sayin'

shots off the mark don't get replies as much. lol
  8. Kunfo Augur

The lead producer said they will be porting a feature from the TLP onto all servers. I'm pretty sure that could only be referring to encounter locking since live servers, yknow, don't have expansion unlocks...
    Phoenix17 likes this.
  9. Stagentti Augur

It would take over 20 years to reach Live. Over 2 years to even reach LDON.

You really want us to believe people will stay on the TLP that long? It'd be a ghost town.

Also just because a server is beyond a certain expac doesn't mean you to have to play that expac. It could be on TSS and you could still be doing Luclin content with other folks who want to go slower.
  10. Baulkin Augur

11. Khanfu Elder

I applaud the proposed server. Its addressing responses for years now. I hope they get their new server and have fun.
    I just want another option for those of us that would like a traditional TLP experience. I haven't started on a new TLP for some time and was looking forward to it this year... I just want to have fun as well.

The whole point of this post was having an alternative to what's proposed. that simple.

I hope everyone is having fun in EQ. I love this game.
    Fallfyres and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

People pay their rent off Krono sales.

While the rest of us are trying to just enjoy a game.
  13. D4 it is FTE is the real EQ killer

Well said
  14. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Sure, yeah, great, they announced a ruleset. Good for them. Problem is, with this particular genius idea, you don't need thousands of instances of player data to understand it is a TERRIBLE idea, that has NO NEED to be tested, and has been DELETED from every game that ever had it, including EQ2 and WoW.

So yeah, lots of good data coming. Fantastic and smart, dude. These EQ devs are gonna learn so much. This is like doing a study on childhood development and testing the fascinating theory on whether or not children who are beaten regularly and ignored by their parents have better or worse results in school than average.

Common sense will indicate the results of said experiment. Adding in what is doubtless to be a bug-riddled mess of an FTE system will likewise produce poor results and result in more KSing, more griefing, and less ability to play the game the way the players have enjoyed playing it for 24 years. It adds nothing. It change the parameters of an existing problem, and creatures a handful of new ones. It's stupid and unnecessary.

but cool, glad they'll have all this data now bro.
  15. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I feel like it will be the legacy experience modifier for additional alts. I could be totally wrong.
    Tarvas and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  16. Stagentti Augur

It could easily be the Legacy aspect.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are leaving out the portion that says porting it to all servers depends on how it works on the TLP server and the fact that we don't know for sure if this is what they referred to with that statement.

The first to engage part of the TLP is more likely to deal with issues directly related to TLP servers and the legacy character part that gives a bonus to all characters is more likely the part that might move to all servers.
    Fallfyres, Ragnoruk and Captain Video like this.
  18. Stagentti Augur

You have literally no idea if FTE is what they're considering brining to Live. This seems very angry, very quickly, based on a giant assumption.

Just as likely it's the Legacy modifier.
  19. Aiona Augur

How is it that you are so sure I am a casual player? I've played for decades. Are you someone who actually knows me? :)

I have played on every set of TLP servers since they were introduced, you got nothing on me.

It's irrelevant what you call the server, Daybreakgames calls it an "Evolving Ruleset Progression Server."

I'm glad you can afford a $100 laptop.

Have a nice day.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. Dominate Augur

I can't wait for 1 necro/SK to roll up to your camp and sit on your named (Freeti or not). That 6 man group there you are in can't compete with him anymore. He has scripts and probably a program for targeting. Then you will get NO group loot, some exp, and you cannot DPS race him, train him, or compete in anyway. It just is the... and here is my favorite part of it "new normal"

FTE coupled with truebox is going to be the least casual friendly server we've had since Coirnav, and possibly ever. There is no way to compete anymore. Even if you win 50% of the time, you still lost 50% of the time and your group full of Bob's from accounting will not stick around to compete with him :)

Spoiler alert: depending on the FTE mechanics this will definitely not stop PLers. It will just change how they do it.
    Crabman likes this.