Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Balrigard Journeyman

FYI : These players are very common in early TLPs.

First Come First Serve means I engaged the NPC and killed it and got exp.
    The people at the so called "Camp" need to A ) get better or B ) keep losing the named.

Camps are just locations in the zone, nothing more.
  2. Balrigard Journeyman

HBC is my jam baby, see you there!
    Thankfully I post up when leveling through MM, since it is normally a ghost town!
    6BoxerOnCoirnav likes this.
  3. KobalWR Lorekeeper

What do you mean by "to get better"? If you're camping a named on a non-FTE server with your only toon and some guy comes with 5 mage boxes, how is it a fair competition?
    And in Oakwynd, everyone will soon have the good macro and insta cast, so will better just means best ping?
    The truth is if someone has been in a camp for hours waiting for a named, and you just come and snatch it, you're just better at being a jerk.
  4. Critt Augur

I’m not sure what the real purpose of FTE is, like I’ve already said it just creates a different set of problems rather than eliminating the stated problem of KS’ing…the most effective way to eliminate toxic behavior is to remove the motivation for said behavior… personal loot system and making nonxp mobs drop nothing would do more than FTE…. FTE just reinforces first come first serve it’s in the name “first to engage “
    pipedreams3 likes this.
  5. magikarp Elder

i would bank on the fact that not everyone will have a good macro. there's some ingame stuff you can do with the 5-line macro editor, but without looping, it wont be as effective as autohotkey or autoit, and i'd wager most people just won't go that extra mile just for xp group. at that point its mainly other ks'ers you are competing with

for spawns like bergurgle, if they decide to let him be FTE (they did mention some mobs won't be on FTE rules, but didnt clarity which yet), ping followed by superior script writing will have an advantage. which means im screwed because i play from SEA

some nameds dont spawn in the common camp location, though, so i could theoretically earn my krono elsewhere and trade for the loot rights if i wanted to be a cleric, hypothetically
  6. TLP Addict Augur

This is the standard software for logitech peripherals, I'm assuming other major peripheral makers like Razer, Corsair etc can do similar things. Imagine the 0 key has a simple in game macro with

/target name of mob
    /useitem staff of temperate flux or other insta clicky.

Being spammed every millisecond or whatever the person sets it to, while sitting on that spawn point.

Welcome to the new meta. Nobody needs to install and set up Macarena, Autohokeypokey or other known "cheat" programs to have a change at being the FTE. Just need the software that came with your mouse/keyboard.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Kraked and pipedreams3 like this.
  7. Moforyguy12345 Augur

If 5 mages come in and take your camp it sucks but now they can just take their 5 necros in 5 different picks and have 5 spawns instead of bullying your 1 spawn with 5 mages. Also its not fair because they are paying for 5x the accounts you are. If that was even playing field it wouldn't make much sense. If anything FTE is going to make MORE tickets for CS. I am pretty much only trying out the TLP to experience this pain first hand.
  8. Trident Elder

This will lose a majority of the time versus macarena.
  9. pipedreams3 Journeyman

FTE makes third party programs meta.
  10. Ruhi Augur

i can only be in 1 pick - so the scenario of 1 necro in my pick with FTE is not worse than 5 mages in my pick with DPS racing - i still have a chance to tag against the 1 necro, but i have 0 chance to outdps the 5 box of mages.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. KobalWR Lorekeeper

You're correct. I'm not saying it's worst to get KS by a group of mage boxes than to get your named snatched by someone using a 3rd party program that allows them to insta pull a mob.
    I was just saying that It was not always First Come First Serve. Am I the only one that have been in a queue at a named camp back in the day? :D
    People used to be decent, and most of them still are! We unfortunately mainly remember the bad apples.
  12. Ruhi Augur

i keep seeing people assuming that people on oakwynd will be oblivious to possible ks'ers, not quick to tag and not have good macros - most people will be aware of how the server works and set up for tagging if they plan on hitting anything high value.
  13. Ruhi Augur

i think the majority of players still respect camps. it's quite common to see "CC?" in ooc.

dbg doesn't recognize camps. a minority of players use that reasoning to roll into any camp they want. that is fine - it's within the rules of the game.

however, the social norm is respect for camps - telling people to get better or keep losing named goes against the social norm even though it's within the rules.

an analogy for you: it's not against the law to call a stranger on the street a choice bad word, but it does make a person who does that look like a jerk based on social norms.

i've accepted ks'ing as it's been for the last 6 years i've played on tlp's. it's part of the game. i dont get mad if i get ks'd - i just move on to another camp/zone because i play the game for fun and entertainment, not to be a sweaty pixel lord
    Rijacki and KobalWR like this.
  14. Kraked Augur

Early TLP - No one respects camps because you are legitimately fighting for every single NPC because there are not enough for everyone to go around.

He may be a "Jerk" but he is accomplishing what he needs within the rules of the game, I call that being a good player and would rather have 100s of those instead of players complaining they lost an NPC.
  15. Moforyguy12345 Augur

People respected camps because if a whole group is already there then most likely you wouldn't want to put a group together only to fail at the dps race to take camp. Now that is not a part of the equation anymore. It won't just be the turds who picked a Necro or box a chanter cleric.
    Kraked likes this.
  16. Ruhi Augur

that may be your thought process, but i don't agree that's what the majority thinks. calling for CC doesn't tell you what kind of group is at that camp - whether it's 2 chars or 6 chars.

there have been plenty of scenarios where a group shows up physically with better dps than my 2 box and they've left the camp i was at alone.

you seem to think if people are enabled, the majority will take part in the bad behavior. i think some who ordinarily did not ks will now ks with fte. it most certainly will empower some people, but the majority of players are still going to respect camps imo as they've done on previous tlps.
  17. Leifer Augur

Re-instate the old "Play Nice Policy" (PNP). Hire sheriffs to enforce it. Suspend the naughty a-holes (there really aren't that many of them). I can't believe the headaches they make for themselves by trying everything they can just so they don't have to hire sherrifs.
    KobalWR likes this.
  18. Zansobar Augur

Except now there is 5 times the probability that you will be in competition for tagging. Before the 5 box was not spread out to cover five different spawns. Also unless you are using illegal software like the 5 boxer will be, you won't be winning any tag races with them. They will be tagging the mobs before they render as visible.
    Kraked likes this.
  19. Kraked Augur

Or hear me out: Leave it as it has been since the launch of this game, you either get the kill or you will not.
    It is that simple, changing it after 25 years is poor decision from a business standpoint.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Trying to hire people to do that would make the game unaffordable for either Daybreak or the players if Daybreak passes the costs to the players.
    Rijacki likes this.