Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. KronoCatcher Journeyman

FTE is the lazy version of trying to police the server which they didnt even do before the whole FTE idea.
  2. Komodon Augur

It most certain has merit in that context. It's also an infinitely better evaluation method then anything you've been able to come up with since you started using this posting account to rage out here Mr April 5th.

As for the rest, I never said Mischief wasn't successful. In fact and to quote I specifically said it was "very successful". It just wasn't the grand slam home run concept change within the game's entire recycling population some of you more rabid fans of seemingly want to convince everybody else it was. Stop being so defensive over that.
  3. Zansobar Augur

They (all the Classic era TLP server launches) are for players that like early expansions, which is why they need a Mischief 2.0. There are a lot of players that are not playing EQ that would come back for that TLP launch, but will not come back to play on Mischief 1.0 due to the expansions it is in.

Designing a TLP server launch around appeal to a small subset of the market that a Mischief 2.0 server would attract, is not good business.
  4. Ruhi Augur

you understand we are in agreement with the majority of the opinion we've gone back and forth on?
    you are keeping the argument alive because i'm saying "some players" and you're equating that to me saying "every possible player" - and i feel like i've had to repost my previous quotes - i wont do that this time cause we are getting in semantics
    we can agree to agree roflmao
  5. Triconx Augur

Eq wasn't designed with diablo-esque random loot, but here we are with a server with randomized loot.

A ton of "core" designs of this game has changed. You forgetting about those or choosing to selectively single out the one you decided you don't like?
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The fact that there are players asking for a different ruleset isn't a problem. Sure there are players asking for it but that doesn't need a server needs to be made for them.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is no need to make random loot server just because we have players requesting that as they don't like the announced server. If the new server doesn't meet your desires there are plenty of other servers you can play on.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Ruhi Augur

i've literally said exactly that...
    did you mix me up with one of the pro mischief 2.0'ers?
  9. Triconx Augur

If the players aren't playing because there needs a Tlp in early expansions, why does it require mischief rules? Literally any new tlp would fill that sole requirement you stated. Mischief ruleset has nothing to do with classic era. What if they released mischief 2.0 to start not in classic?
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Dalyrina Elder

Imagine attempting to gatekeep a conversation because people decided to come to this cesspit to voice their displeasure over this poorly thought out mechanic. SAD!

To be honest, in the short term I am personally happy they are making sure the server I play on suffers no substantial loss. Long term, I love this game and have no appetite for this becoming the norm for tlps going forward.
    Familycat23 likes this.
  11. Dominate Augur

You mean like designing a server around a small subset of the market that wants WoW tagging mechanics in it? LMAO, how duplicitous of you. Ironic. I am glad you are not in charge of Everquest's direction.

All the data suggests that Mischief is the most popular ruleset. It just does. Population doesn't lie. Almost everything else is just hyperbole.

I have stated before that Jen Chan is trying to do what SHE THINKS(obviously informed by her staff and the data points they collect) is best for the future longevity of Everquest. In her opinion this is a step in that direction. The server is obviously not from one isolated data point, or else she is a moron. They think that this more modernized "tagging" and "battle-pass" stuff is a way to increase marketshare, or else they would not implement it.

If she had a crystal ball to know which would work out best, she would obviously not be working at Darkpaw. Who knows FOR SURE what Oakwynd will bring? People always want the security of the past (nostalgia) but honestly Mischief had its detractors prior to launch and it was a smash hit. At this point all we can do is give our feedback, which we are, and hope for the best going forward. This server ruleset has already been modified for the better. Maybe we can effect more positive change.

Hopefully this lends to the success, and growth of Everquest and it's community, since we love this old game so much. If not.... .well then it is a cautionary tale about disregarding your cult following, and misunderstanding the actual reasons they play this old game.
    Familycat23 likes this.
  12. Komodon Augur

Gatekeep? I'd say the rapid fanboys on the Mischief 2.0 concept that will likely never happen again have been doing a much more thorough job of attempting to do that here then I ever could lol

There also was most certainty some people out there that I could 100% be convinced might have legitimately decided that after these supposed years of playing EQ they'd finally pop a word in here for their first time to voice a displeased opinion on this 2023 TLP ruleset.

But that guy in particular and looking over the aggressive amount of angry rage posts they've been making since then? Yeah....no chance. *That* doesn't just come out of the blue and stay red hot for that long here on a 25 year old game message board.
  13. Vlahkmaak Augur

Not too late to add BST at start Devs!
  14. Typhus Elder

Exactly how do you know how small the interest is in a Mischief 2.0? Because I would really love to know where you are getting your data.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  15. Typhus Elder

Even with Heirloom being added to Oakwynd, I am still not testing this soon to be (fill in the blank) Show of a server. Who all wants to grind 5 toons in each expansion and raid 7 days a week. Because that's really what this server is about, spend 24/7 playing EQ so we can gather more data on your spending habits in game.
  16. Vindar Augur

Yea the exp bonus makes absolutely 0 sense. At least make it based on something interesting like achievements or SOMETHING to work towards that gives people some sense of accomplishment. Also, if this server is intended to make it easier for people to return, how the heck does this exp bonus accomplish anything?
  17. Familycat23 New Member

THIS!!
    pipedreams3 and Typhus like this.
  18. Typhus Elder

I Agree whole heartedly with that statement as well.
    pipedreams3 and Familycat23 like this.
  19. Grimaldus No pity. No remorse. No fear

All this fuss in an attempt to curtail training and kill stealing. FFS, deputize me; I'll GM this server for 8 hours a day for the low price of a 1 year sub, and some 40 slot bags. Just let me perma ban the accounts of the guilty. I am the Law...

No really, I'm serious. Put me in coach.
    pipedreams3 likes this.
  20. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

I'll GM.
    Grimaldus likes this.