NPCs in Classic through Luclin will inflict 20% less damage while charmed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 17, 2020.

1. feigntrain Elder

You must be one of those people who only charms blues and greens and doesn't haste or give weapons.
  2. Healiez Augur

Depends on the camp and what I can find tbh...

usually its a yellow or white as there is no zone I have found that can support a white charmed pet much less a red one.

Were pulling 75%ish of live side LGuk yesterday, still had downtime... Only reason we werent pulling more of it is the pulls were just to long and we didnt care enough.

Just another reason people think charm is such a high risk play, unnecessarily charming high level mobs. If you find a camp that can support that more power to you, cause I haven't found it yet. (at least not in classic, Kunark has a few).

I will admit it gets a little riskier in places like fear or hate, where the mobs are generally higher level, but even then, if your group has half a brain, its not that hard.
  3. feigntrain Elder

And now we all know why you think charm is low risk.
  4. Noggy New Member

This is a pretty poor attempt at trolling, but as there does seem to be a small percentage of people who actually believe this:

If a 20% decrease to a charmed pet's damage - who, after the decrease is still doing similar if not more damage than the melee in your group - is 'not worth doing' to you, then you are terrible at playing your class and the rest of us will thank you to leave it to the people who know what they're doing. :)
    Thalliius likes this.
  5. Healiez Augur

I like how you cut out the rest of my post to fit your agenda, well done.

Answer this question, what zone have you found that can support the need to charm a red mob?
  6. feigntrain Elder

I like how you edited your post after I quoted it and accused me of cutting it out. Well done.
    Finder likes this.
  7. Moranis Augur

Wow, someone call the Hyperbolice. They took charm pets from "Absolute God Mode" status to "Slightly Less Absolute God Mode" status - they didn't chain Nana to a moving car.
    Thalliius likes this.
  8. Lumiens Augur

Thats it! I'm re-rolling my enchanter to either 5 mages or 5 monks now to cope with this.
  9. Weebles101 Journeyman

Charming is not risky, nor is it difficult. Don’t kid yourself.
  10. Tucoh Augur

This changes comes as a complete shock to me. I am physically ill at the thought that I will be a little less likely to out DPS the other 5 people in my group combined.
  11. feigntrain Elder

Never said it was difficult. But you don't think it's risky, you're doing it wrong.
  12. Weebles101 Journeyman

Please tell me what is risky about it. Because if it breaks with an afk healer and you fizzle 8 times you could maybe possibly die?
  13. feigntrain Elder

When does a necro pet turn against the necro and kill it?
    When does a mage pet turn against the mage and kill it?
    When does a beastlord pet turn against the beastlord and kill it?

Oh, they don't. Because those are the pets that have no risk. Not charm.

There are fizzles, there are interupts, there are resists, there are unlucky streaks of early breaks that completely drain your mana until you literally cannot even cast a spell any more. And if you're like the last tool that only charms blues and greens and doesn't haste them or give them weapons, then yeah I understand why you think there's no risk in it. You're doing it wrong.
  14. Arrk Augur

Charming is not risky in classic-pop.... maybe in GoD ...

You have to be sleeping to have any risk with charm... should of been nerfed 60%
  15. Moranis Augur

To be fair - you weren't out-dpsing the other 5 members of your group before, because at least 3 of them were also charming pets.
    Seor and Tucoh like this.
  16. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

Imagine having all these problems with queue times and instability and instead spending your time working on an Enc nerf...
  17. feigntrain Elder

learn how 2 charm pls
  18. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Imagine thinking those are the same people working on both problems.
    Thalliius and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  19. Weebles101 Journeyman

Sounds like a player skill issue tbh. None of those things should ever result in a pet killing you, unless maybe if you are solo, and in that case you should be charming lower level things to mitigate that risk, but what chanter doesn’t have a box healer? Otherwise, there is really no Potential for death. And lol at “early breaks draining your mana.” Here’s an idea, mez and med before that happens. Or kill it and then go charm literally anything else.
  20. nagash101 Augur

pretty much this.
    Seor likes this.