NPCs in Classic through Luclin will inflict 20% less damage while charmed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Bailen Augur

EQ has been neutered because the most powerful class in the game had its damage output cut by 20 percent? They were pretty powerful to begin with.
  2. a_librarian Augur

this nerf will help keep me from subbing to the game and for that I fully support it. It should probably be the same proportion as OOW era damage nerfs, which are like 60% from what I've heard
  3. Angered Augur

I think its time to talk about changing or removing CH from the game. Maybe CH should only work on players and not NPC's. Also removing it would change the game and make eq harder / un playable? i vote remove ch and let tunare sort it out!
  4. Thalliius Augur

I think Shamans in Classic could challenge them for most busy class (assuming they're being played to their max potential)

Bards are pretty busy as well
  5. Thalliius Augur

They are still the most powerful class in the game after this nerf, by quite a large margin
    Bailen likes this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

They become monsters later on. My tank is an SK on Phinny. If he dies to a named, the mage pet can usually get us to the finish line. In fact, I often feel the water pet can outtank the SK.

But in classic? Yeah, not monsters.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Ima stop you right there...
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't think anyone said it's no risk. Those of use (myself included) who have presented an opposing view say it isn't high risk not that it's zero risk.
  9. Thalliius Augur

Do you know when they start getting better? I don't need to be a God or anything, but it would make me feel better if I knew they start getting a bit better in Kunark or Velious, or even Luclin

CoTH will be a nice quality of life improvement in Kunark tho
  10. Zansobar Augur

Get the epic pet that helps. But until the pet debuff is fully removed come Luclin, I think, pets will always have a bit of an issue.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't recall, sorry. I know they are good by VoA but that's a long way down the line. Mage mains can give you a better answer.
  12. Tucoh Augur

The goofy thing about the risk consideration that people aren't talking about is that if an enchanter wanted to reduce risk by charming a less lethal mob, they can still get a mob that is in many ways superior to a top-shelf warrior and monk. Simultaneously.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I saw one post accusing someone of being sub-par because they only charm blues (a supposition). You want to make charming riskier? Charm a red con rock golem. Charming even or blue cons is the smart move.