Now that a GM and her guild (TL) have forced a vote for Kunark after only 1 month, will you stay?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Laeinye, Jun 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlorf Augur

To answer the original question yes I Will stay. Here us why, kunark will not hurt anyone, it may actually help with population spread. I voted max nostalgia but lets be realistic here, none of us expected the population we have when we voted. We need space. In the end we all choose where to group and exp. If you wanted 6 months like myself stay in classic nobody will frown upon you for doing so. It's almost to the point we need the trilogy just to spread population. Just my opinion please do.t hang me for it
  2. Vlerg Augur

Yes I will stay. It's ridiculous to believe only TL people want a early kunark.

I'm also in favor of a early velious... and actually a early everything until PoP. I also have the vague desire to catch up with current content
  3. Gythlen Augur

This is what I am concerned with myself.

We give the raiders Kunark. In a week, they'll be bored and want Velious. The the cycle starts again and again. Heck if I wanted that, I'd go play on live where everything is unlocked for me instead of, you know, wanting to play CLASSIC.

It's bad enough I (possibly) won't get a vote because I'm level 11 and decided to progress my own way (by leveling my crafting) because, you know, progressing by jamming on the gas pedal and running to 50 is like the BEST AND ONLY WAY apparently.

Ugh. Just fed up with all this.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

Why do people continuously perpetuate the myth that only bored raiders who have already finished everything in Classic want Kunark?

That said, if the votes win, and even if the votes do change the overall pace of the server, it will mean that changing was the right thing to do, because not having changed it would have meant that the majority would be stuck in a pace they don't want.

And they might as well open the voting to level 10 and up - just enough to deter Live-not-interested-in-TLP players from coming here to help vote for their friends.
  5. Rhodz Augur

If there is to be an early vote and people that haven't gotten ding fever because well there is six months of this are excluded we are done and will just go back to playing for free on FV.
    Why?
    Because that means DBG is no better than SoE and that was never acceptable.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

DBG is no different than SOE. They are exactly the same. Same people reporting to the same people (except for Holly running EQ now) and repoting to Smed. The only difference is Smed has a new boss, but everything else is the same.
  7. Alexanders Augur

I had honestly hoped it wouldn't come to this. That being said I will likely still stay but if they use this as a precedent to open any other expansions early (As I have said they will) That's when I pull the plug.
  8. Gregolo Augur

I'll rephrase the upcoming VOTE for you. Since you seem to not quite be in the loop. You know, the thing that only passes if more people want it than not.

Do you want to unlock Kunark which benefits lterally everyone on the server and stops the complete and utter s-storm that another 5 months of classic will provide?
    A) I play 3 hours a week and don't understand
    B) Yes.
  9. code-zero Augur

I voted for Velious and don't even have a character past 10 yet. Don't see any point in rushing until I can get to one of the best expansions in the game. Next is PoP followed by TSS
  10. Detheb Augur

The Re-vote was ALWAYS a possibility, and really its the only thing that makes sense. Real members of these servers get to vote on the way their server progresses. If 6 months of Classic wins, then we're in Classic for 6 months, owell. We just wanted a valid vote, thats not really asking for much.

GG DBG
  11. Jezzie Augur

I don't feel that's fair. The old crew did nothing to try and make the server a fun place to hang out except for the GM rotation which was a complete cluster fail according to those who played on Fippy.
    This crew actually seem to care and I for one appreciate their efforts!
  12. Detheb Augur

I mean, it literally is the same crew. They were around on FIppy aswell, just the head GM at the time, was.... interesting in how he chose to deal with raid mobs. We have yet to see how that will/wont play out on this server though ^_^
  13. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I want Kunark to be released early, that being said it does not benefit everyone, and it will not stop the complaints, the complaints will merely change, kunark opens up a whole new set of issues which will generate those complaints. Almost all of the high level zones in Kunark are raid zones, therefore under the current policy, they will not be instanced, so the complaints will change from over crowding in the raiding scene of the classic era to over crowding of high end dungeons / raid scene in Kunark.
  14. Alexanders Augur

And I will respond so people in the loop can understand.

Kunark solves no issues for 90% of all players. I can see why you being from TL want Kunark early as you guys are perma camped on 5 raid targets.

Yes I hope for 5 more months of classic s-storm.

Kunark now there is Iksar (yay for some)(likely a 10 days to get to 60 less with power leveling).
    Kunark now there is level 60's (yay that's what 3 days?).
    Kunark now there is epic mobs to perma camp (yay for even fewer then those raiding currently).
    Kunark now there are 9 more raid targets for the top 5ish guilds to poop sock.
    Kunark 51% more hunting space (yay solo targets for necros and druids).

So apparently I just don't understand how any of that helps the vast majority. I will be voting no to early Kunark and I hope other's do to or you and others will be right back here in a couple more months claiming how we need Velious to stop the s-storm of classic+kunark.

You don't have to play for 3 hours a week to want to enjoy the nostalgia of classic EQ. Spreading of people across more zones is what makes classic zones empty on Live servers. Every expansion thins the groups and player population out across more zones. I am in favor of opening Kunark and will vote for it when the actual time comes if we somehow don't progress early. This is about not wanting to progress faster then originally stated.

Also I read the faq and hated when they added that crap about moving up progression if the majority want it, I hope they don't want it and we stay classic longer. Also there are other sites that cover MMO news that some people like to read that implied that there would be 6 months in each of the early expansions, correct or not, official or not that view was put out there for people to see and I would guess more than a few made up their minds to spend money based on those sites.

Here is one of those links now enjoy
    Gythlen, Fallfyres and Aelfwine like this.
  15. Gregolo Augur

Honestly I feel that all these problems will go away mostly in Luclin, and some in Velious.

I say Luclin because you don't need to raid to feel like you're progressing your character (AAs) and will appease a lot of people who pretend like they're able/able to raid.
  16. Barton The Mischievous

Wow I was going to vote no to opening Kunark early but the logic and reason from certain posters have convinced me that it is the only think to do and if I vote any other way I'm dumb or ignorant.....Oh wait no no I got that backwards I was going to vote yes then I read those things and now I'm Voting No Early Anything
  17. Detheb Augur

Aww shucks. Someone hurt your feelings so now you're going to vote no to spite them without caring about the other members of the server. Sounds like you're a swell guy bro. Can we be friends?
    Gregolo likes this.
  18. Barton The Mischievous

Lol did not hurt my feeling just don't like the way certain posters have been attacking people and name calling and overall being rude a'hats so I reported those posters and actually I was voting no anyway. It was a tongue in cheek post
  19. Detheb Augur

So now you're lying aswell. Are you sure you're not in TL already? :cool:
  20. Gregolo Augur

Well hopefully people who are level appropriate can vote. And those that aren't can't. So your opinion probably wont matter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.