Not a good sign....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Queena_Brokenhearts, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Searched Forum Titles for Quarm!

Search Results for Query: Quarm
    1. No results found.

Personally, I don't think this server is a very good business decision... You might get people to play on it, and they might spend some cash on exp potions for a few weeks to power up, but the overall cash influx for this server is going to be negligible. I doubt you'll get more than a handful of people paying new subscriptions just to play here. Most of the few that want to flex their will already be subscribers.
  2. Aghinem Augur

Our guild is already weighing the pros and cons of participating in this. Thus far, its not looking good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  3. Zoso Journeyman

Daybreak must be aware of what kind of revenue this will generate. It will give a short-term boost to all-access subscriptions, then taper off steadily as its appeal fades.

You can't assume that they've done no research on how this will work.
  4. Xanadas Augur

I would be all over Quarm like white on rice --- if it weren't true-box. And no, I don't run 12 mages.

It's pretty much going to be one guild with 120 people in it doing all the progression.

GG.
  5. Thraine Augur

After they released TBM in the broken condition it was in ... yeah i think we can assume they have done bare minimum
    Geri_Petrovna and Iila like this.
  6. Duhbeast Augur

I'm assuming they can test and prepare the other TLP's for that content with this server as well, kind of a win/win.
  7. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

They've looked at other games that have done, or are doing competition servers, and decided they wanted in on that cash cow too... I doubt they spent much time/money investigating whether or not their player base really cares about that style of play.
  8. Ruven_BB Augur

Its a great idea, what possibly could go wrong?

Ruven
  9. Iila Augur

Well, since DBG is running it, the easier question would be: What can't go wrong?
    Lanthur and Leex like this.
  10. Zoso Journeyman

I understand this. I'm saying they have the information, but don't really care.
  11. TwoScoopsOfHot New Member

So, I'm just recently back after a long break. What does "true box" mean?
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If only there were a TLP forum to discuss TLP matters....
  13. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

It's not a TLP server. The threads that did exist in TLP section have appeared to gone missing.
    Numiko likes this.
  14. Gundolin Augur

You can't run two accounts simultaneously on one Computer.
  15. Gumby Augur

It's not a TLP. Try again Sparky.
    Nolrog likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Ok....so let's relabel it a "Progression" server and rename that cesspool forum accordingly? It's a freaking special rules server already. Holy semantics police, batman.

Makes a lot more sense to discuss it there than here...
    Elricvonclief and Perplexed like this.
  17. Hellboy007 Augur

its both Special and Normal.. well as normal as FV is.

should FV talks go to the TLP forum?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

FV progresses with the normal rulesets, i.e. the latest expansions...so no? What did the previous 51/50 server get classified as, out of curiosity?
  19. Cicelee Augur

I actually think it is not a terrible idea. It is a way to get people during the summer lull months, for those who are finished with TBM, to have something to do in Everquest to continue to get them to play the game. For those of us who are full TBM raid geared (or close to it) and are just killing named for hunter or getting collections, it might get us to log in and do something different.

But here is the thing-

The whole premise and point of this server is to "win the race". We all know that there is a segment of players who have the ability to play EQ 14 hours a day for as long as necessary. And of that segment, there are at least 72 players who are hardcore raiders who know every in and out of this game, of every encounter, and they know what it takes to gain maximum level and AA as soon as possible. So unless you belong in that hardcore 72 player segment (or at bare minimum the player segment that plays 14 hours per unlimited days), then you have basically already "lost the race".

The other point is to be able to obtain the reward. The carrot at the end of the stick. However, no one knows what that reward is. We probably will not be told the reward before hand. And in the minds of the majority of players, we realistically (based off of history) believe that the reward is going to be something cosmetic that will look cool for a week or two until the coolness factor wears off (how many TBM skeleton illusions do you see running around after the first month?)

So now you have everyone not in the unlimited 14 hour/day crowd thinking to themselves... there is no way I can participate in a race with a 9-5 full time job w/family in the summer time and expect to "win". And without knowing what the reward is, and expecting something cosmetic and irrelevant two weeks after the winner obtains it.... what is the point of ME playing on this server? To be level 62 with 80 AA killing mobs in Kodtaz?

After the first couple of days, you are going to know exactly where you stand on that server. You will be able to see the separation of players with regards to level and gear. You will be able to do a / all 65 and see one or two guild tags dominating the majority of that search. And unless you are at the high end after a couple of days, you are going to immediately realize that any continued efforts you put forth is pointless with regards to obtaining the reward. In which case you have to ask yourself if it is necessary to grind to level 62 to kill mobs in Kodtaz.

And for the majority of us, if you haven't answered that question already, that answer is no. And you will go outside with your family and play in the sun, and wake up in the morning and go to work. This server is for a select few players, not for the masses.
  20. Hellboy007 Augur

no idea hehe.

no the less i have ZERO interest in new servers. I just want focus to be put on new content and not spiting up the resources making garbage all around.
    Sheex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.