Non Truebox Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Crayon123, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Ceffener Augur

If boxing taxes the server more than the income more subs brings in it worth while...then we are saying they only WANT x number of players to play, because they can’t afford to support them.
  2. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

Only one, sorry.
  3. Stewgottz Augur

Not familiar with that expansion.

If you aren't even going to play past 6 months, don't suggest rules like truebox that will affect the server for the entirety of its life span. Theres 20 + expansions...
  4. Kittany Augur

This isn't me complaining at all when I say this; On Phinny right now, even at 80+ and without being a member of a click/big guild, I can sit LFG for hours while box groups are at all the popular exp places.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

Right now: Kurns has 0 people,
    Hatchery has 0 people,
    Library has 2 people.
    Field of scale has 7, but there are a ton of Molo mobs in that zone. They're not the best XP but you can get Tier 3 armor drops and XP there.

Tosk is unsurprisingly pretty packed, but it's a great place to farm Tier 4 armor pieces. there is however a pick of and plenty of Molo mobs there, too. So I sympathise but I'd suggest you look for less popular places, I got to 85 in Mech Guardian and Kurns myself.

I also can't speak to if these people in these zones are boxers or not, There's really no way to tell. not reliably at least.
  6. Kittany Augur

I'll try Tosk out. I'm rather ignorant of the new zones and so, I've simply been trying to get groups for the OMM's and killing crocs/werewolves in Loping plains lol
  7. Machentoo Augur

Maybe that's why you aren't getting groups...
  8. Brunlin Augur

I was like, omg another one of these post but than for some reason I clicked it and seen your post OP....and nearly fell out of my chair laughing so hard....ROTFLMAO!!!! :D Well done sir, well done :)
    Crayon123 likes this.
  9. kjempff Elder

The lies continue...
    DBG let the statistics of previous boxing on progression servers speak, so everyone can see how small a problem boxing actually is. Those whiners are not even going to play progression servers, they are just forum warriors who want their outdated agenda forced on everyone else.
    Unless the problem has spiraled out of control since Fippy/Vulak (where it was not a problem to any extent), and players now have with too much money to pay for all those accounts, those box armys are virtually non existent on progression servers. Enforce anti cheat rules and ban those who macaroni, and it is completely noexistant because despite the ridiculous claims, no one can manually box 5+ toons with any kind of efficiency that gives an advantage.
  10. Fyerie New Member

All this salt years later is laughable. Boxing is fun as hell and makes it way easier to help your friends, if you have the grace to make any.
  11. kjempff Elder

And boxing adds the challenge and fun that is missing.
    Some claim that there one character is the true way of playing eq, but like so much other stuff in eq boxing is just a result of emergent gameplay that eq is build on (much of eq gameplay were never intended by the developers). We are many who have boxed since the beginning of eq, and that is the natural way to play eq for us.
    Macaroni cheats aside, it require skill to play a box, even more to play two, and it is seriously beyond me how anyone can play a single character (at least the most simple classes) without getting bored out of their mind.
    All this bull probably based much on envy that others have the skill to control more than one character, combined with the silly idea that someone with a box have an extreme advantage over you ... you know a boxer has to equip their boxes, recover them on death, the extra risk, the extra time it takes, and so on.
    The reality is that there is no difference between a server with 5000 players that doesn't box vs a server with 3000 nonbox and 2000boxes (which btw is a likely distribution) ... it is just characters, they require the same amount of space, the same drops and everything.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Uh, if you didn't play on Ragefire or Lockjaw, you might not want to throw out the accusation of lies so quickyl. I played on Fippy, Vulak, Ragefire, and Lockjaw, and the problem DID spiral out of control since Fippy/Vulak. Mage armies were FAR more prevalent on Ragefire and Lockjaw.

That said, I still want a non-truebox server. I probably would bide my time till after Kunark though, to avoid the frustrations those box armies would bring.