Non Truebox Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Crayon123, Feb 17, 2019.

1. FIsh Lips Augur

Indeed, I has two screens.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  2. Crayon123 Augur

24 boxer??? Heathen!!

Your kind of people are ruining my immersion!
  3. Stewgottz Augur

But how can I hail an AOC if you are 24 boxing?

#notfair
  4. The Hated One Augur

What about people that box normal groups for fun? Tank, cleric, slower, bard for mana, mage and wiz? Or something similar? I mean you can do that legit...cuz we do. Are we evil? We aren't a menace. Don't we deserve a TLP? We probably kill slower than other groups but most times people wouldn't even know we were boxed. And Im working hard behind the scenes clicking between those screens mashing buttons!
    Stewgottz likes this.
  5. LittleBrumski Augur

They could nerf mages so there can't be more than 2 in a group. (grin)

No, I don't think it is a good solution, but thought it was funny.
    Stewgottz likes this.
  6. Stewgottz Augur

Its all silly bro. Truebox does nothing but keep players on LIVE tbh. The hell do I wanna do something with extra steps for no reason? I was feeling the itch for classic since I haven't been on a TLP since Rage, but these two servers suck a lot Lol.
  7. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

True box does it quite well though. The tech people know their way around it without breaking everything and everyone else can do a couple cruddy computers and some num pads.
  8. MarttinPH Augur

I didn't play when Fippy (nor Ragefire first launched). They nerfed all pet classes back to as close to original eq as they could in terms of damage taken and given until late expansions unlock. People don't mass box mages anymore. With the advent of AOC's there is no need to worry about contested world zones. Don't like the world zone full of people, get a group together a create a AoC zone of it.

I honestly don't care if people box or not. I have been helped many times doing content out of my reach by those pernicious boxers you talk about. The simple truth is that both boxers and non-boxers can be . Each of those characters on TLP have a paid account (one way or another) that is helping keep the game alive. I don't care if more than characters share the same face behind the screen. DBG has created many ways that prevent people from hurting other players, AOC being the best option in my opinion. I vote to get rid of Truebox for one of the server options.

1. I can only guess when you say that box farmers are mostly farmers you might be referring to Krono farming. As someone that six boxes, I assure you I have paid for everyone of my accounts with money. I almost never buy/sell in the bazaar (partly because I hate coming to an agreement of the value of items). People selling for RMT occur on both truebox servers and off. Don't try to pretend that Truebox servers are some kind of utopias safe from the RMT storm. Look on these forums and you will see on Agnarr someone arranging raids were loot is put up for auction. I have seen people charge for loot rights on Agnarr, as well as for Power leveling services. I have played on Phinigel some, only to have difficulty finding a group prior to level 67, wthout mercenaries I wouldn't have tried the server at all with truebox intact.
    2. With AOC as an option now, you would never see them in zones I don't know why anything would be contested.
    3. Here is a news flash for you. Non-boxing people also disrupt zones with AE behavior.
    4. From my experience on Ragefire, some people that hate boxers are some of the most toxic out there. I am not talking about you of course, that is just my experience.
  9. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

You can bring a player to a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER online game but you just can’t get these socially inept players to interact with the rest of the server I guess.

Funny that all the pro multi boxers are the people complaining about short unlock times. “We want to play with the community as it is brand new” and whatever other drivel they spit out. Yet the whole time they are chomping at the bit to run their own automated groups in a corner where nobody can touc their mobs or they will hiss like Gollum!!
    Crayon123 likes this.
  10. Stewgottz Augur

Are we though? And also just to play along cause i'm bored, what part of your game play is affected if a box 72 players and sit an in instance for 6 hours?

Also, at what expansion do you normally quit whichever TLP you are playing on? Its kinda selfish to not consider people who play later expansions but can't find groups! New tlp came out, everyone is gone! Now making me truebox is affecting my game play.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  11. Stewgottz Augur

Must be around Gates of Cricket noises.
  12. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

Ugh the question that gets asked 37 times in each of these threads.

1.) It taxes the server and requires more resources which might not outweigh the monthly income they bring in which takes it away from the rest of us and development on new stuff.
    2.) You can't see what they are doing in there so exploit city, maybe. It's something to think about.
    3.) They definitely aren't leveling those 72 players inside an instance ....
    4.) They aren't only getting gear solo, the numbers alone means a lot more effort especially when they are usually one class
    5.) They definitely aren't flooding the market with plat, krono, loot
    6.) They for sure aren't selling loot rights which draws people away from the group that they are in to go grab that cheap nodrop loot
    7.) If there is a key involved that requires farming in the open world, good luck my friend

That's just typing as fast as I can without consulting a chart of responses that I have made before.

Now don't get me wrong, they aren't the end of the world. I think that P99 rejects always spouting off that "this is how this boss worked on P99" during raids are worse. I think that they should get a list of IP's from that server and ban them for life from anything EQ involved.

They are not this net neutral impact though.
  13. Kittany Augur

To play devil's advocate here, I'll put forth this argument. And I will once again preface this entire thing with: I'm not anti-boxing. I'm anti third party RMT. Boxing is unfortunately the most common tool and vehicle that is used to achieve that goal.

But with your example, every community does police itself. The problem with the boxing community is, nobody is willing to call out these bad seeds. When there are complaints, a good many of the boxing community will come to the abusers defense.
  14. Stewgottz Augur

The only valid point is 1.

Which expansion do you normally bail at? You realize the server goes on when you quit it right?
  15. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

How do you figure? Did I miss something and they add in AoC's for leveling zones?
  16. Stewgottz Augur

/pick

If someone is boxing 72 players in L guk, which they won't cause that's super annoying, then like 3 new L guks would spawn.
  17. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

Yup, that never has any issues, ever. Nobody picks over into a train from a box army. Nobody ever picks over to every single pick and sees an army locking down the good spawns.

Thanks for playing though, put this on.

[IMG]
  18. Stewgottz Augur

People grief loot camps all the time. Best defense is keep the mob down.

What expansion you bail at again? If you've quite more than 2 servers in the last 2 years I think your opinion needs a few grains of salt if read by anyone important at DBG.
  19. Nessirfiti Augur

I can honestly say that I've seen more groups of non-boxers do these things than boxers.
    Stewgottz likes this.
  20. Nessirfiti Augur