Nobody wants a kunark start

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ownanat, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Breaker Journeyman

kunark is when the game gets fun. chanters get breeze, iksar monks and necros rule, fungi tunics and Epics can be acquired! man oh man
  2. CdeezNotes Augur

EC tunnel is the dumbest gameplay of all time. Yes. I choose to actually play content and offline trader than sit in a tan cave for hours spamming junk for sale.
  3. Fizon Augur

Kunark is full of examples like this. Whole bunch of common sense changes that just weren't thought of originally.
  4. Bristleshame New Member

I'd have to agree. Classic start should always happen. Even if shortened :(
  5. Ddezul Augur

You can always stick to doing classic content.
  6. Arctodus Elder

I would prefer a Luclin start myself ><
  7. Critt Augur

Definitely love that it's a Kunark start!!!
    Search and Rescue and Foaming like this.
  8. Vlahkmaak Augur

No, "we" don't want vanilla: 'Yo'u want Vanilla. I want a Velious start. A Serpent Spine start would be interesting too, but Velious would be great. I'll take Kunark. I like to level early in OT.
  9. weewooweewoo Journeyman

claims no one wants A Kunark start, 95% replies say they do indeed want A Kunark start. hmmmmmmmmm
  10. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

It is as close to unanimous as you could be for a non-classic start.

Velious would have been better imo - 3 months 1 for each expac then the game can finally get cooking with AA.
  11. Gibbin Proudfoot New Member

Just another post to validate the Kunark start choice - I'm really happy about it
    Search and Rescue likes this.
  12. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

EC Tunnel was all we had before Luclin...

Some servers had Faymart in GFay rather than EC Tunnel but most servers used the tunnel, and almost all TLP's use tunnel.
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

Thank you for the history lesson. I know. I was around for it in era. It still doesn't mean it was/is good gameplay. It was just another play made solution for an existing problem and shortcoming early EQ had (which there were plenty).
    Rijacki and Search and Rescue like this.
  14. Baulkin Augur

Kunark start is something that has been requested for a LONG time. Super happy with that. Tormax needs "something" to make it playable...but Teek will be awesome. Maybe go full Rizlona with Tormax and let them box. *shrug*
  15. Willport New Member

Yeah about that... I much prefer kunark start. So many more leveling areas.
  16. Zalphos Lorekeeper

I'm not a fan of a Kunark start. TLPs are going by too fast already.
  17. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Well that is YOUR opinion which along with a subway token will get you a train ride.

A lot of people enjoy the EC tunnel. Bazaar with offline trader is nice prior to offline trader I prefer EC tunnel. And we had bazaar a long time before we got offline trader mode.

Bazaar in 6 months as is the case on most TLP's is too soon. and if they took the level 60 spells off the vendors in PoK until OoW would be a great idea...Funny how some spells can be researched in era...others can not be researched until way down the road when the intent became 3rd expansion down the road, spells go on a vendor. only now too many go on the vendor next expansion which is not old school EQ either.

Not all QoL changes were for the good.
  18. Laronk Augur

With the EC tunnel there's a lot more community, there's bartering and such. I get why some people don't like it though, because with the bazaar they can look up stuff when ever and buy something without interacting.
    Ilshade likes this.
  19. dwiguslowater Journeyman

Notice what happens when someone claims the community doesn't want something that they actually do want? In contrast, when people assert that they don't want Tormax to be a Yelinak clone, there's almost no posts like this defending it or backing it up
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats because it is a Yelinak clone.